to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed 3: What we want to see

Your comments on our articles.

Here's our list, but what do YOU want?

Yes we know Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood hit shelves only yesterday, but we've finished it, reviewed the robes off it and now we're looking to the future. Or should we say the past?... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassin's Creed 3: What we want to see

Postby cam123 » 20 Nov 2010, 11:39

WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
WORLD WAR 1
cam123 37

PSN ID: XzSLLENTSNIPERzX

Re: Assassin's Creed 3: What we want to see

Postby Dom Bom » 20 Nov 2010, 16:28

Both of those ideas sound brilliant, although I must admit, I am loving the idea of a Japanese Assassin. It could be that the Assassin Guild of Japan are Ninjas and that the Templars over there are Samurai.

But, if there was a game in England, where else could you visit. Apart from London everywhere else is a sh*thole.
Dom Bom 40

PSN ID: xx_dom_bom_xx
Steam: xxdombomxx

Postby JaxStax19 » 20 Nov 2010, 17:18

I sort of figured that AC III would be modern day with Desmond as the protagonist, I haven't played Brotherhood yet though so that may change things. Modern day Manhattan would be amazing :)
JaxStax19 24

Postby Grapple » 20 Nov 2010, 18:36

I'd like to see it set in Victorian London. Characters like Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper could be involved in the story. There would be bigger variety of weapons like revolvers or grenades. More historical landmarks than 17th century aswell.
Grapple 41

Postby DragonSlayer213 » 20 Nov 2010, 19:01

I think a female assassin wouldn't be a good choice.What about the Bleeding effect?Desmond would begin to act as a woman!
DragonSlayer213 1
New user

Postby Ellscore » 21 Nov 2010, 03:02

World War 1 - way too political and too many trenches and firearms,
Female Assassin - just for a bit of titilation really and too far fetched
Guy fawkes - well he didn't get round to lighting the fuse
Japan - samurai swords get a bit blunt after a while

For me it has to be the bandeirantes, slave hunting, jesuit missions to southern America, south American tribal warfare in the Mato Grosso, Spanish mercenaries and conquistadors, Battle of Cajamarca, inca and aztec peoples,

Or... Something very piratey but not made by Bruckheimer.

Or... An era of history not very well understood by historians therefore open to much interpretation and improvisation such as Atlantis.

Other than that I would quite fancy Victorian London.
Ellscore 35

Postby Nomad089 » 21 Nov 2010, 08:57

I would like England as a place, it's got more citys to visit than Italy. I imagine it would be the first AC game with seasons, rain and snow. I can't decide the period though. The Spanish armada, Battle of Hastings and the civil war are all periods that could be twisted slightly because of the reasons they were fought
"Bravery is being the only one who knows your afraid"-Franklin P. Jones
Nomad089 30

Postby richard99 » 21 Nov 2010, 13:24

I'm not sure how well the gameplay would carry over into the modern day if they decide to focus AC3 on Desmond. I know skyscraper Eagle Dives would be cool but New York's been done in other games and if they go for the 21st century then Ubi will have to accept the fact that haystacks are no longer left in convenient places and sword fighting is a bit out of date :wink: .
If they stick with using history I like the English Civil war idea, either that or Paris during the French Revolution/ Napoleonic Wars and I think it'd be epic.
Edit-
Just been reading through the other posts I agree with cam123 (maybe I'm not quite as enthusiastic) that World War 1 is another great period in history that gamings barely touched on but I think it'd be better to use it as a backstory and have Tsarist Russia and the 1917 Revolutions as the focus.
If anyone wants to see my favourite games take a look here :)
http://www.unikgamer.com/users/renegadev8-999.html
richard99 50

Xbox Live: renegadeV8
PSN ID: renegadeV8
Steam: renegadeV8

Postby RandyChimp » 21 Nov 2010, 14:19

Grapple wrote:I'd like to see it set in Victorian London. Characters like Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper could be involved in the story. There would be bigger variety of weapons like revolvers or grenades. More historical landmarks than 17th century aswell.

Sherlock Holmes wasn't a real person. Ubisoft usually try to stick with real historic figures, if Sherlock Holmes turned up, I'd turn off the game and take it back to the shop, since at that point, they would have lost all credibility.
"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to shut the f**k up!"
RandyChimp 38

PSN ID: RandyChimp

Postby Slim-Cognito » 21 Nov 2010, 16:24

I sort of figured that AC III would be modern day with Desmond as the protagonist, I haven't played Brotherhood yet though so that may change things. Modern day Manhattan would be amazing

It would be cool to jump straight into the modern day assassinations but between Ezio and Desmond theres an awful lot of history that would be unfortunatly missed, im all up for England during the Gunpowder plot/Civil War. Maybe in AC3 it could entwine between past and present. Cant wait to see where this series ends :D
Requiescat In Pace
Slim-Cognito 21

PSN ID: ScrabCake

Postby T4ln0y » 21 Nov 2010, 18:08

I want to see it released on PC at the same time as consoles.
T4ln0y 29

Postby gunfighterii » 21 Nov 2010, 21:18

Its time to kickass and throw throwing knives......but im all outta knives
gunfighterii 24

Postby Moribundman » 22 Nov 2010, 03:55

Why is everyone saying it needs to be somewhere with multiple cities etc? I would have thought Brotherhood was a statement of intent and proof that Ubi can deal with one big city. Revolutionary Paris or Victorian London are the only places that advance the era while still having a strong sense of time and place.

And seriously CVG? Please do some bloody research on the 17th century! If they DID do that (and they probably won't) they could focus on the civil war/restoration era (a period of about 15 years). This took in the execution of Charles I, the civil war, the restoration of the monarchy, the great fire of London and the plague.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby badmonk » 22 Nov 2010, 11:37

yeah i would love to see a 'ninja' style assassins creed set in feudal japan! :)
also would like to have the main character be able to sneak/crouch and peek round corners ala sam fisher!
cant understand in all 3 AC titles so far, the main character is a master assassin and cant use these skills???
badmonk 40

Postby Moribundman » 22 Nov 2010, 16:51

I really don't think they are going to go back to Japan or Egypt for a full game. I'd be very surprised if they did in fact, but if they did one with mini sections and bleed flashbacks they'd fit nicely.

The momentum of the storyline is moving forward with the chronology, and they'd have to do a lot of ret con to say "before Altair invented the current order of assassins, right? *This* was happening on the other side of the world. And in the 12th, 15th, 16th and 21st century we didn't know about it... UNTIL NOW!"

Rome has shown they can base more or less the entire game in one city without it feeling limited. ALL the AC games have iconic cities with variety and world famous landmarks as well as rich periods of history, moving forwards so we can track the secret history of the Assassins and centring around the most powerful cities on earth (where the Templars have a foothold).

Paris in the 18th Century (birth of revolution/rich historical period/iconic city). London in the 19th Century (the British Empire all powerful/rich historical period/iconic city). If they set another game in one city (give or take) and build up a character, either of these would fit like a glove. Plenty of historic/iconic characters in both eras and epic locations.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Next