to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Tomb Raider reveal in two weeks

Your comments on our articles.

Full reveal coming December 6, hints Game Informer

"A Survivor is Born", reads a teaser spread in the latest issue of Game Informer, which teases a full reveal of the mystery game on December 6.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Tomb Raider reveal in two weeks

Postby MysticR » 15 Nov 2010, 00:55

Excellent. Loved Legend and Underworld, so can't wait for another entry in the series. It'll always have its anti-followers, demanding extreme change, but it's high on my most-anticipated list.
MysticR 39

Re: New Tomb Raider reveal in two weeks

Postby pmantis » 15 Nov 2010, 10:34

I'd bang Lara Croft to pieces.
pmantis 32

Postby thejadefalcon » 15 Nov 2010, 10:50

I loved the Underworld trilogy for its fantastic reworking of some great mythology and its puzzles, but I'm not too sure about this one. I'll wait for more information and I'll probably try it out anyway, but I just don't think a pre-badarse, inexperienced Lara is going to be a very successful story. I hope it is, but I find myself doubting it.
thejadefalcon 21

Xbox Live: thejadedfalcon
Steam: thejadefalcon

Postby boskersrevenge » 15 Nov 2010, 13:25

Well, I'd welcome a new game but I don't know if it's just me but Underworld has done nothing but p**s me off so far.

Just can't get with the little extra touches they added and it felt like there was too much trail and error going on... AWFUL Camera in it. Worst so far, usually it can be a pain but workable in previous games.

LOVED Legend and Anniversary. I'll keep plugging at Underworld and see if it clicks.

This new game? Worried it's going to build upon the free climbing aspect. I remain cautiously optimistic.
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby thejadefalcon » 15 Nov 2010, 14:05

boskersrevenge wrote:Well, I'd welcome a new game but I don't know if it's just me but Underworld has done nothing but p**s me off so far.

Just can't get with the little extra touches they added and it felt like there was too much trail and error going on... AWFUL Camera in it. Worst so far, usually it can be a pain but workable in previous games.

Really? Anniversary was the weak point for me in terms of the camera (and pretty much everything). I've never had an issue with the camera in the other two games. I'll admit though, I spent about three hours completely lost in Underworld's Thailand before I figured out what I hadn't done and where I was. So a bit of helpful signposting would be appreciated in the new game.
thejadefalcon 21

Postby boskersrevenge » 15 Nov 2010, 14:16

Horses for courses, I guess. I found Anniversary a very coherent game. Sure, the usual Lara crap (ragdoll death - lol) but I always knew where to go and what to do.

I admit, I have only got as far as... er, I forget the location actually. Is Thailand where you dive off the boat and scale the thingy and there are these pillar things? If so, I'm currently there but scrabbling around, free climbing has not been much fun so far.

I thought the boat (without spoiling it) was a great set-piece but I died several times trying to figure out where to grab hold, with the responsiveness varying :x

It might click, as I am a sucker for the formula but still, it's not actually been much fun so far for me as I've died so often... I'm pretty well seasoned at the games, too.
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby thejadefalcon » 15 Nov 2010, 19:31

boskersrevenge wrote:I admit, I have only got as far as... er, I forget the location actually. Is Thailand where you dive off the boat and scale the thingy and there are these pillar things? If so, I'm currently there but scrabbling around, free climbing has not been much fun so far.

Probably. There's a lot of boats in this game and it's been too long since I've played. Thailand has the tigers and naga (giant salamander creatures, basically).

boskersrevenge wrote:It might click, as I am a sucker for the formula but still, it's not actually been much fun so far for me as I've died so often... I'm pretty well seasoned at the games, too.

Have you played the original? Because I have it... somewhere, but I never completed it and I'm not sure if I want to bother trying, now that I've completed Anniversary (though I remember I much preferred the original game's T-Rex fight).
thejadefalcon 21