EA: Medal of Honor 'a franchise now, once again'

Your comments on our articles.

Is that a sequel we hear around the corner?

Last month's Medal of Honor reboot "is absolutely [a] clear success", according to EA CEO John Riccitiello.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

EA: Medal of Honor 'a franchise now, once again'

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 03 Nov 2010, 11:45

Oh goody. Yet another FPS shooter to roll out year in year out. :roll:
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Re: EA: Medal of Honor 'a franchise now, once again'

Postby Miss_Wacy » 03 Nov 2010, 11:51

recently played frontline(not the hd remade mess) and for me that was the last great moh game, heroes 2 on wii was good aswell
Miss_Wacy 50

Postby Mogs » 03 Nov 2010, 12:06

Meh really - the only mild interest I have in Medal of Honor is it's potential to chip away at Call of Duty to hopefully expedite the toppling of another pillar supporting Bobby Kotick's Activision (Guitar Hero has already collapsed - just CoD and WoW to go). I have no desire to play a cynical modern warfare Michael Bay movie shooter though.
I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle...
Mogs 60

Postby svd_grasshopper » 03 Nov 2010, 12:16

do the trophies bolster the short single player game?

or all they s**t like level completed... :x
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby Adi1987 » 03 Nov 2010, 13:03

Mogs wrote:Meh really - the only mild interest I have in Medal of Honor is it's potential to chip away at Call of Duty to hopefully expedite the toppling of another pillar supporting Bobby Kotick's Activision (Guitar Hero has already collapsed - just CoD and WoW to go). I have no desire to play a cynical modern warfare Michael Bay movie shooter though.

This.
Adi1987 18

Postby thedriffter50 » 03 Nov 2010, 15:11

'' I have in Medal of Honor is it's potential to chip away at Call of Duty to hopefully expedite the toppling of another pillar supporting Bobby Kotick's Activision ''

As much as I hate shooters in general thats a really stupid comment. Buying a different generic shooter just so the previous generic shooter just disappears ?

I'm really sick of this gen. PS3 and especially 360 are flooded with copy and paste shooters.

TimeSplitters on PS2 is better then the shooters we have now.

KZ, Resistance, Halo, Battlefiel and especially MoH can go f*** themselves. Seriously isn't one shooter enough for you people ?

You have to get every variation and versions of the same f***** thing.
PS3 FTW !!!
thedriffter50 44

Postby cam123 » 03 Nov 2010, 20:56

If I didnt need the disk to play MOHF. I would sell this and get Black ops for 7.99
ONLINE IS A SNIPER FEST AND IT COMPLETELY RUINS IT, 1 SHOT KILL RIFLES
cam123 37

PSN ID: XzSLLENTSNIPERzX

Postby The Bossman » 04 Nov 2010, 19:54

^ Exactly. Seriously, keeping it for Frontline isn't worth it. Get rid of it for BO for £8, or buy BO for £25 in store at Sainsburys or Morrisons.
The Bossman 47

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby CamperX » 10 Nov 2010, 14:52

This game is NOT your typical FPS although I was skeptical at first. I was a MW2 multiplayer addict until EA's MOH arrived. As far as MOH is concerned, there is no other game on the market currently that provides this level of realism. For once, here is a game that balances the true principles of cover / concealment with great game play and within environments that feel disturbingly real. The strange thing is that I played the demo and didn't like it very much. I gave it another try and then I was totally hooked. This game takes more time to learn than some of the other FPS on the market so it's easy to dismiss without giving it a fair chance. I also appreciate the fact that movement speed is much more realistic than other FPS games. I can't imagine the time it took these developers to create the intricate detail in these environments. MOH is the ultimate FPS in my opinion. I can't stop playing. The only improvements needed are adjustments to weapon accuracy over distance. For example, the shotgun and all handguns are too accurate / lethal from afar. That seems an issue with other games as well. I wonder if that aspect is hard to program.
CamperX 3
New user