to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Medal of Honor sold 2M in two weeks

Your comments on our articles.

Impressive figures a highlight of EA's Q2 financials

Trigger happy punters worldwide snapped up 2million copies of EA's new Medal of Honor game in just two weeks in October.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Medal of Honor sold 2M in two weeks

Postby MutilateTheDead » 02 Nov 2010, 23:51

I think the sequal to medal of honour will sell LESS if they make one, the story was too short and multi player was just 'ok', i enjoyed it for a while but got bored quick :(
MutilateTheDead 50

Xbox Live: MutilateTheDead
PSN ID: IHave1Ball

Re: Medal of Honor sold 2M in two weeks

Postby Cadmas88 » 03 Nov 2010, 00:02

The same MTD mate.... dont get me wrong even tho the campaign was short i loved its just the MP had no real depth. Needs to be greatly improved for the second and instead of lettin DICE rush to get onto BF3 lets see what Danger Close could wit the MP plz EA.
Cadmas88 25

Postby seabeast » 03 Nov 2010, 00:26

Well done MoH. I played the beta and didn't like it, at all, but I wouldn't mind giving the campaign a go at some point. Rental or 'bargain bin' for sure.

Just a shame they released it so close to CoD and not long after Reach, otherwise I probably would'a given it a go day one.
seabeast 34

Postby Dajmin » 03 Nov 2010, 00:33

I bought my copy on launch day and was ready to trade it in 3 or 4 days later. One of the biggest gaming disappointments of the last few years. So I reckon I might trade it in for Black Ops.
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
DAJMIN.COM - The Rock Star Gamer
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin

Postby KMakawa » 03 Nov 2010, 02:49

I'm not really putting any judgements forth in terms of how the game was, it has its bad parts I agree, however for a game series to be out of the "loop" for so long, and to return and have as much success as this, thats what I value it for.

The developers that returned with the new team, havent lost the Medal of Honor-feel (especially for Single Player), I do think that DICE maybe should not of done the Multiplayer, however that deal was struck up because Danger Closer didn't feel safe in doing such a thing being out of the loop. It is rather shocking at how many problems are with Multiplayer rather then Singleplayer, and that is DICE's part of the deal..
So I don't think they should return if Medal of Honor 2 is developed. (As much as I love DICE.. It's just the truth.)

I feel that people are wrong to frequently compare Medal of Honor to Call of Duty, a game that has been out and been cashcowing since Medal of Honor died should not be compared to a rebooted franchise. So many individuals are bigging up Call of Duty and all that however we fail to realize how Call of Duty came about, how long it has been around and a few other things.

And as people did with Call of Duty 4, they saw it with confusion initially. They too have done the same with Medal of Honor.

However like I did with Call of Duty, I will not be putting judgements or verdicts over Medal of Honor on its first game, I will keep that with Medal of Honor 2, and compare the two on how they have advanced from their mistakes made. Just like COD4 had mistakes.

TLDR; I think Medal of Honor is doing well for a rebooted franchise, it has done better then the imagined and the industry/gamers imagined. So many doubters and haters surround it, but oh well they'll be changing over time, just like individuals had with COD.

Singleplayer was short, however it brought back the love for First Person Shooters. It was not recycled/reproduced tripe that we have been facing lately.
Multiplayer has its moments of excellence, however much is needed to be resolved.

Medal of Honor is back, and hopefully back for good..
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 65
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby lordjamie4 » 03 Nov 2010, 03:27

the sp was full of bugs and the mp was a sniper fest i sold a few days after buyin
lordjamie4 41

Postby Grapple » 03 Nov 2010, 04:18

@KMakawa

I kind of agree where you're coming from because before MW1 CoD was a run of the mill FPS. It was MW1 that made the franchise. And MW1 was a brilliant game , IMO.
I think the devs are missing a trick here, why not create a totally brilliant and immersive single player game and market it as such? The on-line could be sold separately. Cos I think there are 2 different types of gamers now.
Grapple 41

Postby ted1138 » 03 Nov 2010, 06:25

As far as I'm concerned, the MOH franchise has now been KIA. :(
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Postby jubbgi01 » 03 Nov 2010, 11:23

I loved the singleplayer. I just wish it would have been longer. I'd be happy if EA removed the multiplayer from MOH altogether. As much as I'm enjoying the multiplayer, it feels like a condensed, and very buggy, version of BF. EA should keep the multiplayer fans happy with BF and get danger close to go all out on producing a decent length singleplayer in MOH.
jubbgi01 52

Xbox Live: Garethj
PSN ID: swimthefish
Steam: jubbi

Postby condemmedman » 03 Nov 2010, 12:23

brought it on Friday
Played on line on the Saturday
Finished Games on hard By Sunday
Sold on play by tuesday

Please sing along to the tune of Graig David
condemmedman 35

Postby ted1138 » 03 Nov 2010, 19:33

Graig David? Never heard of him... :|
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Postby Dajmin » 04 Nov 2010, 01:25

I only experienced one really minor bug during the single-player, but the campaign always felt like it was building up to something and never really got there. Add to that the endless multiplayer sniping and you have something destined to fail. The maps are too small for sniper rifles to really work, especially in the sector-capturing modes. I'd remove them entirely from Combat Mission. Keep magnifying scopes for the rifles, but remove snipers altogether. Force people to actually play the game as intended.

I disagree with whoever said DICE shouldn't have done the multiplayer. Their experience with the BF franchise has proven time and again to be brilliant. I'd have put them in charge of the whole thing and let Danger Close assist.
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
DAJMIN.COM - The Rock Star Gamer
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin