to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Will you gamble on Black Ops?

Your comments on our articles.

Care to place a bet?

There's no mistaking who killed you that last round. If the custom orange-and-black facepaint job doesn't give his identity away, the personalised emblem on the side of his firearm will do the trick.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Will you gamble on Black Ops?

Postby MutilateTheDead » 25 Oct 2010, 22:16

Are the last couple of paragraphs meant to be for equality? MOH wont touch this, Yeah its an ok game but the graphics aren't there, its not as smooth and there are a ton LESS guns and weapon attachments! Its just no where near as good as it should be, im just glad i work in a game shop where i get to borrow games :)
MutilateTheDead 50

Xbox Live: MutilateTheDead
PSN ID: IHave1Ball

Re: Will you gamble on Black Ops?

Postby Focker420 » 25 Oct 2010, 22:30

Customization & wager matches are the main reasons I want this game.
Focker420 46

PSN ID: Focker420

Postby Grapple » 25 Oct 2010, 22:40

I don't get the reference to the Black Watch, whats that about?
Grapple 41

Postby Grapple » 26 Oct 2010, 01:21

Mention 'The Black Watch' almost anywhere you go across the globe and you'll almost certainly elicit fond recognition because The Black Watch is surely one of the British Army's, if not the world's, most famous fighting units. Mere mention of the name is enough to conjure up visions of bravery, valour, true Scottish grit and determination. It's perhaps not surprising, since there can hardly be a corner of the globe in which The Black Watch has not served with distinction.

Try this in COD Black Ops
Grapple 41

Postby The_KFD_Case » 26 Oct 2010, 03:39

Nope. I won't even take the gamble of buying "Black Ops" new and first-hand.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby alph3 » 26 Oct 2010, 09:24

The_KFD_Case wrote:Nope. I won't even take the gamble of buying "Black Ops" new and first-hand.

Yup, what he said!! If I buy this, it'll be second hand. It's nothing against Treyarc, but all about Activisions attitude towards the gamer, the people who have put them where they are.
alph3 39

Xbox Live: alph3
PSN ID: IrishManx
Steam: IrishManx

Postby altitude2k » 26 Oct 2010, 09:31

That screenshot reminds me of the bit at the end of Inception.
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby RawLz8t6 » 26 Oct 2010, 11:28

This game is goin 2 be the business not been this excited for a game release since perfect dark! n as for the gambling i might give that a miss untill ive got most of the upgrades perks n customisation stuff i want. ROLL ON NOV 9th! :D
RawLz8t6 2
New user

Postby RandyNinja » 26 Oct 2010, 12:33

yeah i was hating black ops before i read this now may have to grab a pre order
RandyNinja 38

Postby cam123 » 26 Oct 2010, 13:27

Forget gambling IN the game. It will be a gamble of your money to consider buying the game, wondering if it will be filled with campers and people who play like n00bs, for example....MW2
cam123 37

PSN ID: XzSLLENTSNIPERzX

Postby The Bossman » 26 Oct 2010, 13:41

A couple of you deciding to buy the game 2nd hand won't exactly make Activision worried. I'll buy it on release date, or pre-order it soon. MOH BTW is utter garbage, don't waste your money on it. I'm glad I'm getting a refund for it.
The Bossman 45

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby Dajmin » 26 Oct 2010, 15:33

I wasn't all that interested in this at first, but the more I hear about it the more interested I get.

And after the major disappointment that was Medal of Honor, it won't exactly hurt me much to trade that in. Can't say it'll be a launch-day purchase, but I am tempted to get it fairly early in life.
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
DAJMIN.COM - The Rock Star Gamer
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin

Postby murph_77 » 26 Oct 2010, 21:15

I am sick of the talking, hurry 9th November! I wish I could hibernate until then! Also anyone who is slating MoH have a hint, do not play it like you do MW2 and play it with your grey matter and you will enjoy it. Since I put more thought into it and started being tactical I think it is fun and a welcome change to Commando Pro, One Man Army Noob Tube, camper, boosters. I bet someone is rubbing one out at the thought of it right now. :wink:
P.S I thought COD had an 18 certificate so why the hell do you here so many squeaky voiced children on it???
murph_77 45

Postby phate666 » 26 Oct 2010, 22:01

Good article. Nice to see fresh(er) ideas going into an FPS. But, I'm one of "them people" who's had a guts full of activision, so maybe i'll rent it for a week to see if its full of MW2ers online, before I pick up a copy 2nd hand from some other mug who's bored of getting cheated :wink:
"You gonna eat that stapler?"

"Wanna split it?"
phate666 50

Xbox Live: PillowyBarbecue
PSN ID: phate666

Postby The_KFD_Case » 27 Oct 2010, 01:22

The Bossman wrote:A couple of you deciding to buy the game 2nd hand won't exactly make Activision worried. I'll buy it on release date, or pre-order it soon. MOH BTW is utter garbage, don't waste your money on it. I'm glad I'm getting a refund for it.

Yet apparently Activision and dear ol' Bobby Kotick ARE worried; at least worried enough to try and find means to deny second-hand users the same content. If that isn't proof that not all is well in rich, white guy paradise in regards to some of us going the second-hand route (if at all), then I don't know what is.

To those that do plan on buying and playing this, I do hope you enjoy it.

I finally bought a cheap, second-hand version of "MW2" and while I've enjoyed it more than "Halo: Reach", it's not the be-all, end-all that so many have made it out to be IMO. I'll be trading it in as soon as I'm done with the single player campaign, getting a newer game which I can sell after I'm done with it, at new-game prices, and thus screw Bobby Kotick and Activision even more. (Yes, it feels GOOD! :twisted: ) Btw, which "genius" at Infinity Ward came up with the idea of throwing the graphical equivalent of a jar of jam at the screen when you get shot, thus completely stopping the frenetic flow of the game (which is one of the CoD franchise's selling points)?
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Next