to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Fallout: New Vegas - The Strip dev diary

Your comments on our articles.

Drunkards, puking and people dancing naked in fountains

Obsidian's released a new Fallout: New Vegas dev diary focusing on the Las Vegas Strip.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fallout: New Vegas - The Strip dev diary

Postby razors edge » 14 Oct 2010, 18:13

I CANNOT wait for this game. Just hope it lives up to my high expectations.
razors edge 41

Re: Fallout: New Vegas - The Strip dev diary

Postby allygray69 » 14 Oct 2010, 19:24

same, id spend all day playing poker, not that i have a gambling problem or anything :roll:
allygray69 56

Xbox Live: GrandTheftAlly
PSN ID: GrandTheftAli
Steam: allygray69

Postby dannyhulse » 14 Oct 2010, 19:29

After watching the video I think we can safely say:

The game takes place in Las Vegas.
dannyhulse 46

Postby The Bossman » 14 Oct 2010, 23:11

I just can't wait for this, I really ca.... *counts new games* oh wait, no, sorry, yes I can. I have my hands full with MOH, MOH Frontline HD, Sonic 4 and Sonic Adventure.
The Bossman 44

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby seabeast » 15 Oct 2010, 01:00

The Bossman wrote:I just can't wait for this, I really ca.... *counts new games* oh wait, no, sorry, yes I can. I have my hands full with MOH, MOH Frontline HD, Sonic 4 and Sonic Adventure.

If I had my hands full with mostly poor games like those, I would be wanting to buy Fallout New Vegas asap :lol:

After almost 100 hours on Fallout 3 I seriously cannot wait to get my new vegas next thursday, all of 2 days before my birthday :D
seabeast 34

Postby PlanesOutcast » 15 Oct 2010, 12:25

Lots of PC cRPG competition in terms of new engines, when this game isn't.... There had better be a lot of different content for me to get excited, because graphically, it looks like an expansion.
PlanesOutcast 20

Postby garywobby » 15 Oct 2010, 14:11

Can't wait for this game, re-playing fallout 3 GOTY now and still loving it, annoys me though how once again the US gets a new game 3 days before the UK, why can't it be one standard release date worldwide, even games made in the UK are released first in the US.
garywobby 8

Postby The_KFD_Case » 15 Oct 2010, 23:21

Looks promising, and yet I can't quite shake the feeling of "Been there, done that in Fallout 3" feeling. I will not be pre-ordering this game like I did with "Fallout 3". Maybe after a price drop and once I've whittled down my extensive backlog of games-yet-to-be-played.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby Grapple » 16 Oct 2010, 01:21

I kind of feel the same way, I loved F3 but I'm starting to get cold feet about New Vegas, the gambling thing was done in San Andreas. But you have to admire the devs in this case for using mostly actual gameplay in their promos'
Most devs use flashy cut scenes and even scenes that are not in the game at all, see latest add for GT5, looks like a TV ad for shiny showroom cars. At least Obsidian are being honest. I will buy it on the strength of F3 which was one of the best games I've played.
Grapple 41