to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

10 reasons why Fable 3 will be the best yet

Your comments on our articles.

From visceral combat to unexpected accents

Fable III is one of Microsoft's flagship titles, it's got a much loved history and, if you're still cold to the series, it'd only take two minutes of a Peter Molyneux pitch to get you pumped about his latest project.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby mogel94 » 09 Oct 2010, 21:05

Getting majorly pumped aboat this game, hope its worth it
mogel94 43

Xbox Live: SoggySage
PSN ID: Iski94I

Postby captainhoola » 09 Oct 2010, 21:21

Looking forwrd to this game
captainhoola 22

Xbox Live: CaptainHoola
PSN ID: CaptainHoola
Steam: Captainhoola84
Battle.net: graham.martin@hotmail.co.uk

Re: 10 reasons why Fable 3 will be the best yet

Postby Justinsb » 10 Oct 2010, 01:51

Not so hot on 6,7 and 8 - I never played any of the pub games in Fable 2 and I don't want to in Fable 3, also not interested in playing "Lute Hero" and Sam and Max were not my favorite characters in Fable 2 (I wanted to and tried to kill them.) 10 is the same in Fable 2 - the townsfolk gossip about side quests quite a bit.

I hope that they've improved families / children. The children (your children, not the townsfolk) in Fable 2 make me wonder if anyone at Lionshead has any or has ever spent any great amount of time around children.

I'm looking forward to the game immensely but there were a number of things that bothered me about Fable 2 and, so far, I haven't had it confirmed that any of them have been fixed. (The menu system was not something that bothered me much.)
Justinsb 1
New user

Postby budge » 10 Oct 2010, 13:14

I want to hear those singing gnomes. I buzzed off those scottish gargoyles in Fable 2 who were always dissing me.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby Black Mantis » 10 Oct 2010, 13:31

From what I've seen, it's shaping up to be a fantastic game. Hopefully there'll be less bugs at launch. :)
Black Mantis 67

Postby KMakawa » 10 Oct 2010, 15:58

budge wrote:I want to hear those singing gnomes. I buzzed off those scottish gargoyles in Fable 2 who were always dissing me.

And yet now, you go around the world collecting them as stone plaques, because albion now sees them as collectible artifacts ahaha.
Gnomes are gonna be epic.
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 64
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby djs88 » 11 Oct 2010, 01:02

I'm thinking of getting this, never played any of the others though. Are they as good as/better than Oblivion? I don't think Elder Scroll's V is coming out any time soon and i've just finnished Demon's Souls so this will have to do. I heard good things about Fable though
BLUEEEEEE MOOOOOOOOOOOOON
djs88 34

Xbox Live: St Zenith
PSN ID: DEC-FX

Postby Soviet1918 » 11 Oct 2010, 13:14

Black Mantis wrote:From what I've seen, it's shaping up to be a fantastic game. Hopefully there'll be less bugs at launch. :)

Thats what i like a man of blind faith.
Советский Союз
Soviet1918 45

PSN ID: Soviet1918

Postby Nick33 » 11 Oct 2010, 15:35

I thought the job of sites like this and Eurogamer were to tell us the facts. Not promote games before release with articles like this. Who exactly payed you to write a glowing advert for Fable 3?. Eurogamer done the same thing last week with another game, and IGN called Black Ops AAA the other day.

What exactly is going on with gaming sites?, it's like they are all in it together to feed us a load of brain washing bolloxxx
Nick33 27

Postby plightstar » 11 Oct 2010, 15:41

djs88 wrote:I'm thinking of getting this, never played any of the others though. Are they as good as/better than Oblivion? I don't think Elder Scroll's V is coming out any time soon and i've just finnished Demon's Souls so this will have to do. I heard good things about Fable though

The Fable series has always been more of an action adventure RPG with more emphasis on the the Action adventure side of things. You don't get the big open worlds of the Elder Scrolls series, but you do get a more personnel game as the world recognises the things you have done and it feels like it would be a worse place to live if you were not there. Unlike Oblivion where the topic of the day is the size of mudcrabs and Kvatch never being rebuilt unless you mod it.
plightstar 34

Xbox Live: PLIGHTSTAR1
Steam: plightstar