to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

FIFA 11 on Wii: The NGamer review

Your comments on our articles.

Is it a funny old game?

We've been singing FIFA 10's praises for ages. Well, since this time last year. It's a fantastic footy game, neatly tailored to both the Wii's mechanics and its audience. Even Matthew, the most obtuse man in history when it comes to football, enjoyed the game. So, having hit on a successful formula, what have EA gone and done for this year's version? Changed it, that's what, and not for the better.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

FIFA 11 on Wii: The NGamer review

Postby South London » 06 Oct 2010, 23:14

fifa 11 is ten times better than last year. the modes, gameplay, graphics, classic controller pro compatible... everything! still room for massive improvements though, not sure why certain very simple things are not included.

i agree with your score though but have to disagree with your love for the bullet shots and all that other rubbish from last year. glad its gone.

the online play has far too much lag which is a shame.
South London 26

Re: FIFA 11 on Wii: The NGamer review

Postby olrodlegacy » 07 Oct 2010, 12:04

Good review, although i personally didn't rate FIFA 10 at all...
The Streets To Stadiums was a pleasant surprise, but i felt your final score was very accurate as the game just didn't seem the complete package. When you see all the fiddly things which are possible on the rival consoles (choose the background music, personality +, loaning players and signing free agents on manager mode etc) the wii edition once again seems the poorer alternative. Next year i'd like to see much more real-life stadia, with new stadiums like the Aviva Stadium and Cardiff City Stadium included. Also i'd like to see less generic sprites used for players, as i was disappointed that even half the Premier League players were unrecognisable... i'm just feeling a drastic improvement wouldnt actually be that difficult to do, but somehow i feel that next year wii owners will be let down on on the whole again :(
olrodlegacy 44