to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Producer wants 3DS FFVII game

Your comments on our articles.

I'd do Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII remake, says Tabata

Square Enix producer, Hajime Tabata has expressed desire to release a Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII remake on 3DS.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Producer wants 3DS FFVII game

Postby great101 » 29 Sep 2010, 22:31

The headline to this story makes it sound like they want the original to be remade, not one of the "sequels", dissapointing because a 3D FFVII could be really cool
great101 22

Re: Producer wants 3DS FFVII game

Postby lordirongut » 29 Sep 2010, 23:00

I'd love to play BCFFVII - it's the only FFVII-related thing I've never played or watched.

Although that headline did get my hopes up for quite a lot more... :(
"Our world cannot be viewed through the glasses of common sense" - Masato Arai.

Twitter: @hyakushiki1234
JRPG/Japanese Culture blog: http://shrinetoamaterasu.blogspot.com/
lordirongut 66

PSN ID: lordirongut

Postby Ror1984 » 29 Sep 2010, 23:16

lordirongut wrote:I'd love to play BCFFVII - it's the only FFVII-related thing I've never played or watched.

Although that headline did get my hopes up for quite a lot more... :(

Agreed, on both counts.

I do hope they look into making this a possibility. I've read up on BC, but I'd love to be able to play it.
Currently playing - 360: Skyrim // Wii: Skyward Sword // PS3: - // PSP: Dissidia Duodecim // PS2: - // 3DS: Tales of the Abyss + Resi Revelations // Windows Phone: - // Vita on pre-order \o/
Ror1984 50

Xbox Live: KHROMAsynthetik
Steam: khromasynthetik

Postby gothchild » 30 Sep 2010, 01:44

I don't even know what Before Crisis is... :?
Everyone sucks, just don't tell them
gothchild 55

Postby ChrisIW » 30 Sep 2010, 09:09

What a disappointment :( thanks for getting our hopes up CVG :x
ChrisIW 42

Postby ragna_bloodedge » 30 Sep 2010, 11:27

Heh the title is somewhat misleading but I actually find this news better (even if it is a rumour at this stage). Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is my favourite PSP game (and top five of all time) so a remake of a spin-off of VII is all good in my books :D
ragna_bloodedge 26

Postby ste hicky » 30 Sep 2010, 13:29

please leave VII alone square. all the spin offs are poor from advent children to dirge of cerberus,you've added zero to the canon and just f*cked with one of your own best games.

either remake VII or leave it alone but stop spinning the franchise off in to 'diluted' territory. you've already contradicted the end to VII where everyone dies,what's next?

aeris just had a cold and is fine,after all? nanaki was a turk in a suit? jenova used to be a chocobo?

after X-2,doc,ac,cc,chrono cross, etc... i've come to the conclusion that square have lost the art of telling a story in their games and that their spin offs are consistently shite. it's why i don't fancy VS XIII.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby MPH » 30 Sep 2010, 13:36

Indeed. I want a monetary reimbursing for the bandwidth wasted clicking the link to this story CVG. Or a copy of LoS will do quite nicely ythx. :lol:
MPH 53

Postby Athrun888 » 30 Sep 2010, 14:49

For the love of god give VII a rest already SE! The game itself wasn't that great, and all these (crap) spin-offs do is weaken the game as a whole, instead of flogging more pointless VII stuff how about you either make something new or remake V and VI, neither of which are available and both of which are almost certainly more deserving of a remake then any spin-off from VII.
Athrun888 63