to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

8 things you NEED to know before starting Dead Rising 2

Your comments on our articles.

PP boosting, blender combos, taming Snowflake ... plus more essential tips and tricks from a Fortune City veteran

I've played a LOT of Dead Rising 2. I'm STILL playing Dead Rising 2. I love it. But I didn't love it to begin with, because it's one of the most punishing, unforgiving games in recent history. People who finished the original will already be used to its brutal real-time structure, but since this is the first Dead Rising on PS3, chances are a lot of you will be bewildered, lost and confused. But fear not, because here are eight things that'll make your first tentative steps into the garish zombie-infested playground of Fortune City a little easier.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

8 things you NEED to know before starting Dead Rising 2

Postby lwill » 24 Sep 2010, 12:51

Defeating Leon?

Impossible!

Little worried about some of the reviews coming in, they aren't quite as high as I was hoping :(

Still unsure of if to get this really.
lwill 61

PSN ID: overkillhunter

Re: 8 things you NEED to know before starting Dead Rising 2

Postby Dan D PSM3 » 24 Sep 2010, 15:17

Lowest mark I've seen was a '7' - so hardly bad.

Eurogamer, who are consistently pretty stern, went for an '8' and - as Owen just announced in the office - Dead Rising 2 is a 'game for real men', so, er. buy with confidence. ***Lowers Voice*** Unless you're not a real man... etc

Seriously, it's a bit polarising, but I'd say the original is my favourite Xbox 360 game ever. If you can't handle the save structure, or get a bit upset that you can't neatly hoover up all the side missions without people dying, *pffft*, fine, just go and re-platinum a game you already own where you can neatly 'hoover' up sections piece by piece.

It's worth at least trying. Have a look at our Top Ten Weapons video on our YouTube channel and say you're not the least bit tempted.

Anyway, friendly bullying ends - we can't make people like games they don't like.

JUST STERNLY ATTEMPT IT.
Dan D PSM3 44

Re: 8 things you NEED to know before starting Dead Rising 2

Postby lwill » 24 Sep 2010, 21:54

In truth, I was one of the very cool people with not at all too much time on their hands who completely the infinity mode on Dead Rising 1. (Hey, I did it with a friend, that makes it cool right? Right? :cry: )

From the sounds of it, if I liked the first, it seems safe to say I'd like this then. Thing is, I never actually played through the story of the first and I am the kind of person who goes just a little bit mental when I lose in a long checkpoint. Oh I don't know!? I might just flip a coin.

Is it at all possible that other reviewers may have given it a (relatively) low score because they found it difficult? If that's the case, then that's ok with me. I'll uhh, just man my way through it.
lwill 61

PSN ID: overkillhunter