WRC

Your comments on our articles.

This gritty racer scrubs up nicely...

We have to be honest: we had our previewing tasers set to 'mediocre' when SBK devs Milestone's latest racing epic revved its way through GM's letterbox.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

WRC

Postby vmanb » 22 Sep 2010, 20:31

Must have played a totally different game to me then because i tried the demo a few days ago on XBL and it was bloody horrible IMO.
vmanb 32

Re: WRC

Postby equinox80 » 23 Sep 2010, 08:33

Same here. I've been looking forward to this but was really disappointed after the playing the demo. I knew the graphics wouldn't be great but neither is the car handling or anything else. Roll on DiRT 3.
equinox80 43

Xbox Live: Equinox80
PSN ID: Equinox80

Postby yerbluesjohn » 23 Sep 2010, 09:30

Tasers? What?
yerbluesjohn 64

Postby mkwuk » 23 Sep 2010, 10:05

I was absolutely desparate for this game to be good - I hate the American direction of the DiRT games and would love for this to have been the answer.

Sadly, I couldn't even be bothered to finish the stage on the demo it was so terrible. The handling is straight out of the arcades and the McRae games from the first Xbox had better graphics.

Those screenshots are very definitely not a good indicator of what this game looks like.
mkwuk 44

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 23 Sep 2010, 11:42

This game sounds like a major bummer :(

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby sibear » 24 Sep 2010, 00:32

I played the demo of this and thought it sucked real badly too. The handling is pathetic and it just got painful trying to get the car round the course. I don't understand how anyone can say it's 'solid'.
sibear 47

Postby Jensonjet » 01 Oct 2010, 02:10

The car set ups that come with the demo are poor, I agree. And if you don't understand how to set up a car or can't understand what needs to be adjusted, you will struggle with this game. Also, if you're used to driver aids, arcade racers, only know two positions for the accelerator and brake triggers, again, you'll suffer.

This is far more of a sim than most racers, and certainly more simulation than any console rallying game I've played in the past. But once the cars are set up properly the game is really good. Admittedly it's got a far steeper learning curve than most but once you realise that braking heavily and turning on a gravel surface will give you the same result in game as you'd expect in real life you'll realise how amazing this game is.

Judging by the settings required by most online gamers I'd say this game is definately not for the arcade loving majority. It's not as pretty as many other racing games and in an age when graphics are a bigger selling point than gameplay or simulation I suspect many will miss out on this.
Jensonjet 47