to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition detailed

Your comments on our articles.

Complete edition features all post-release DLC

The British Board of Film Classification has classified Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, revealing that BioWare's RPG epic may be getting a re-release soon.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition detailed

Postby slick loose » 03 Sep 2010, 14:31

...price?
slick loose 67

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby slick loose » 03 Sep 2010, 14:46

wow, just found this...

"If you've held off on purchasing Dragon Age: Origins until now ... keep holding off. GameStop listings have appeared for something called "Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition" on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, supposedly due for release on October 12 for $59.99. "

And that was posted 9th August on another website!
slick loose 67

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby Moribundman » 03 Sep 2010, 15:03

That's well worth it simply for Awakenings alone which is practically another game... The rest is a mixed bag, but something short like Return to Ostagar or even Watcher's Keep makes much more sense when played as part of the main game rather than playing in isolation and being done within an hour.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby superbiddulph » 03 Sep 2010, 16:16

I got my copy of Dragon age a couple of months ago, so far I havent bought any DLC at all for exactly this reason, that an exclusive edition like this would be released, I know I'll be trading in for this, and to be honest your saving so much money on such a brilliant game, it's a no brainer. :shock:
superbiddulph 28

Postby The_KFD_Case » 03 Sep 2010, 16:54

I'm not so sure about that, Moribundman. I purchased the CE version of "DA" upon release and got it at a steal of a price at the time. I had high hopes for the true-old-school-style-expansion-pack that is "Awakening", but after reading early customers reviews I lost interest. The fact that you can't even transfer some of your unique magical DLC items from the main game to the expansion strikes me as nothing short of idiotic. Also, apparently only one of the main party characters joins you, and while he could be funny, he was hardly the one I would have chosen if I could only chose one. It's as though BioWare decided to chuck out the main, and best IMO, components of "DA" that helped make it one of my all-time favourite games.

Regarding the price, I'd recommend just buying the main game which can be had new for a pittance these days - both online and in retail stores, if you do a bit of price hunting.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby Yos » 03 Sep 2010, 16:55

Until the gaming industry starts giving me something back for propping up its titles at launch, Im going to start waiting for these special editions to come out.

Im sick of being the cash cow.
Yos 30

Postby Dandelion » 03 Sep 2010, 17:44

I hope they do this for Mass Effect 2 too
Dandelion 39

Postby damoxuk » 03 Sep 2010, 18:27

I'll defo get this now.. Been holding off due to no "hard" copy of Awakening for PS3 in the UK and due to that same fact massively inflated price.
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby The_KFD_Case » 03 Sep 2010, 22:02

Yos wrote:Until the gaming industry starts giving me something back for propping up its titles at launch, Im going to start waiting for these special editions to come out.

Im sick of being the cash cow.

I'm inclined to agree with you.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby wwinterj » 03 Sep 2010, 23:13

I'll be buying this as I have still yet to even play Dragon Age let alone buy it. It's very good all the DLC comes with this game and would be even more epic if it comes in a cheaper than normal price for a retail game. Although I think I'd pay full price been as you get all that DLC with it. :oops:
wwinterj 49