to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Back to the Future video game gets Doc

Your comments on our articles.

Christopher Lloyd reprises his role as Doc Brown

Telltale Games has revealed Christopher Lloyd will reprise his role as Doctor Emmett "Doc" Brown, for its Back To The Future video game.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby altitude2k » 02 Sep 2010, 14:03

That image at least looks to honour the franchise properly. Unlike that horrible rumour that Justin Bieber is to star as Marty in a reboot movie *shudders*
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby kimoak » 02 Sep 2010, 14:05

I wonder if this had something to do with the remastered re-release we are getting in the cinema very soon. I am going to watch that on the big screen! :)
Optimus Prime: I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet.
Megatron: Which one is it?
Optimus Prime: It's the one that says Bad motherf**ker
kimoak 57

Postby milky_joe » 02 Sep 2010, 14:07

This news is FTW.
Born to be a Wanderer...
milky_joe 59

PSN ID: MilkyJoe84
Wii Code: 1420-5183-0241-2476

Postby spam23 » 02 Sep 2010, 14:12

Best time travel point and click game ever was Day of the Tentacle, I doubt it will be as good as that. Still worth checking out though, will be interesting to travel to the magical future of 2010 and see all the amazing 3D sharks and hover-boards we're bound to have...
If you feel affected by any of the issues raised in the above post please contact GFWL and tell them they suck.
Joined CVG 16th Feb 2001
spam23 51

Xbox Live: Xen Withanex
PSN ID: luttman23
Steam: luttman23

Re: Back to the Future video game gets Doc

Postby ste hicky » 02 Sep 2010, 14:19

altitude2k wrote:That image at least looks to honour the franchise properly. Unlike that horrible rumour that Justin Bieber is to star as Marty in a reboot movie *shudders*
:shock: :evil:

they're not are they?

they're not going to reboot bttf,say it ain't so fella. :(

i'm still trying to get over bumblebee being a god damn camaro instead of a vw beetle in the bayformers flicks,now they're gonna destroy bttf?

devastated.

if it happens,i'm saying it now in time honoured 'spitting of the dummy' fashion: not watching it.

the power of reboots is a curious thing,make one man weep make another man sing.... (cough,sorry y'all :oops: )
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby Conkers » 02 Sep 2010, 14:22

altitude2k wrote:That image at least looks to honour the franchise properly. Unlike that horrible rumour that Justin Bieber is to star as Marty in a reboot movie *shudders*

What? Is that an actual rumour? Oh god please don’t let that be true, they will sully the fine memories of Back To The Future from my childhood with that little rat beast in it, he is no Marty McFly.

I’d never even heard they were doing a game though, I’ll keep my eyes on this but I doubt it will capture the magic of the films. Especially weird sexual pervert kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq5-6PkVGCg
Conkers 52

Xbox Live: I'mnottellingyou
PSN ID: notgotoneyet
Wii Code: 1110010101010101010

Postby altitude2k » 02 Sep 2010, 14:24

ste hicky wrote:

they're not are they?

if it happens,i'm saying it now in time honoured 'spitting of the dummy' fashion: not watching it.

the power of reboots is a curious thing,make one man weep make another man sing.... (cough,sorry y'all :oops: )

Hold onto your stomach:

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ ... ure-remake
altitude2k 64

Postby churchy » 02 Sep 2010, 14:30

Great Scott!
churchy 34

Postby ste hicky » 02 Sep 2010, 14:33

altitude2k wrote:
ste hicky wrote:

they're not are they?

Hold onto your stomach:

too late. i got some cleaning up to do now.

terrible,terrible,terrible news. this is simply: too terrible.

did i mention it was terrible? no? ok. 'tis truly terrible.

at the risk of sounding out of touch: who the f*ck is the tw@t they've got lined up? never heard of him.

bttf reboot = terrible. they should take this idea and wrap it in to the side of a manure truck,biff style.

this is the word according to H.

(sobs at the idea of another childhood fave being raped on screen in the 21st century)
Last edited by ste hicky on 02 Sep 2010, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby altitude2k » 02 Sep 2010, 14:35

ste hicky wrote:
altitude2k wrote:
ste hicky wrote:

they're not are they?

Hold onto your stomach:

too late. i got some cleaning up to do now.

terrible,terrible,terrible news. this is simply: too terrible.

did i mention it was terrible? no? ok. 'tis truly terrble.

at the risk of sounding out of touch: who the f*ck is the tw@t they've got lined up? never heard of him.

bttf reboot = terrible.

this is the word according to H.

peace be with you.

(sobs at the idea of another childhood fave being raped on screen in the 21st century)

The idea of Back to the Future being "rebooted" at all is sickening, but the prospect of that creature playing Marty makes me feel quite ill.
altitude2k 64

Postby almanac2015 » 02 Sep 2010, 14:38

milky_joe wrote:This news is FTW.

I consider Telltale to be such an average developer. Tales of Monkey Island just wasn't up to scratch with the originals. Which makes me wonder why the hell I am looking forward to this game so much.

Oh...and if Justin Bieber stars as Marty in a reboot I fear someone must be sacrificed. Either Bieber himself (the world won't miss a moron who doesn't know what Germany is) or the idiot who thought of casting him.
PSN: threepy
almanac2015 61

PSN ID: threepy

Postby Laughlyn » 02 Sep 2010, 14:41

OH DEAR GOD NO!!!! :lol:

on teh upside the old cartoon series wasnt too bad so this could work pretty well
Laughlyn 55

Postby nuggit3000 » 02 Sep 2010, 14:52

spam23 wrote:Best time travel point and click game ever was Day of the Tentacle, I doubt it will be as good as that. Still worth checking out though, will be interesting to travel to the magical future of 2010 and see all the amazing 3D sharks and hover-boards we're bound to have...

Its actually 2015. 5 years till I get my first hoverboard.
(which has already been made in the name of art - http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/arti ... tually-ho/)
Xbox live gamer tag: The Slythe
PC gaming tag: Slythe
PS3 tag: TheSlythe
nuggit3000 60

Xbox Live: TheSlythe
PSN ID: TheSlythe

Postby altitude2k » 02 Sep 2010, 15:00

nuggit3000 wrote:
spam23 wrote:Best time travel point and click game ever was Day of the Tentacle, I doubt it will be as good as that. Still worth checking out though, will be interesting to travel to the magical future of 2010 and see all the amazing 3D sharks and hover-boards we're bound to have...

Its actually 2015. 5 years till I get my first hoverboard.
(which has already been made in the name of art - http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/arti ... tually-ho/)

Yep. Silly Total Film for cocking that one up!
altitude2k 64

Postby StonecoldMC » 02 Sep 2010, 15:09

Was the new Karate Kid movie not a pretty decent effort for a reboot?

*Starts running away from the angry mob*
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator

Next