PC Zone closure confirmed

Your comments on our articles.

The September 2nd issue will be the last

It's official: PC Zone is closing. Following the consultation announced last week, it has been decided the magazine won't continue.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby juliancallan » 23 Jul 2010, 16:15

:( Godspeed, PC Zone.
Godspeed.

The Steve Hill NeverQuest "dildo incident" will be a fond memory to me for years to come.
juliancallan 12

Postby khr0nik » 23 Jul 2010, 16:23

That sucks, a long time reader here, along with Edge its probably the only mag I ever bother picking up anymore :(
XBOX 360: Khr0n1k666
PSN: khr0n1k666
Wii ID: 0993 4359 1478 0328
khr0nik 47

Postby dw9298 » 23 Jul 2010, 23:37

Bugger. Good old Future Publishing killing the only decent PC games mag they've got. I was (thankfully) proved wrong when Future bought PC Zone and I thought it would go downhill. This takes the biscuit though.

I liked PCZone as it's never pandered to the industry - you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter and call it a PC Gamer Game of the Month - and they didn't put a girl in a bikini on the cover to try and get you to buy something (T3 anyone?). As if us geeks (not nerds - we have personalities) would ever meet a girl like that? Especially holding an iPad! I ask you!

You'll be missed. Look after yourselves
dw9298 26

Postby PaulDr » 24 Jul 2010, 19:01

I registered just so I could post a farewell and thanks for the memories comment. I first bought the mag ten years ago and it was the catalyst for the subsequent years of PC gaming goodness that I've enjoyed. Genuinely gutted that it's no longer going to be adorning my local newsagents shelves. Best of luck to all of you and thanks again.
PaulDr 2

Its closing...

Postby spurty » 25 Jul 2010, 21:18

.... said a man, yesterday!

Oh boy, I was about to fork out the cash for yearly subs.

Please go forward and inject your humor into the other magazines! Its what set you apart from the herd.

Will lament the end by reading that last edition on the potty for an entire year (perhaps not all in one sitting).

X you guys!

You will be missed
spurty 2

nonono

Postby Narvask » 26 Jul 2010, 03:16

Why, you are the only mag that tells it like it is. The only other mag is the Chav Gamer why not close that crap?
Narvask 9

Postby GrayGoblin » 26 Jul 2010, 21:17

s**t, I just seem to attract bad luck. I’ve never bought a winning lottery ticket in my life; whenever I invest in stock, a major financial crisis ensues; and if I submit an entry to a competition in a magazine, it turns out that the competition is closed to overseas readers. Now the only mag I read closes down a month after I’ve purchased a two-year extension to my subscription. I’m not even going to receive the first issue of my new subscription – and that after having read every single issue apart from one or two lost by the postman. So if you are looking for a person responsible for your demise, it’s most likely me and my extraordinarily bad luck.

At least I still have the very first three issues somewhere in my drawer. In a few years I’ll sell them on eBay and make millions (probably).

Thanks for everything, PC Zone, and farewell. Going to the loo will never be the same without you.
GrayGoblin 4

Postby MidarcsOtherone » 27 Jul 2010, 11:57

Well, if PCGamer takes up a bit of the zone spirit, and it's staff, then it'll probably get my purchase.

PCGamerzone?
Well, maybe not that then.
I guess I'm just still in denial and trying desperately to imagine a way to keep all of the articles and columns I'm going to be missing come October.
MidarcsOtherone 3

Sad sad day

Postby Donald73 » 30 Jul 2010, 21:37

The end of Pc Zone the mag,is a big let down:(
I live in Norway,and have been a steady reader and subscriber of the mag for ages now..

The humour,the witty punchlines and the fact that the material was written FOR gamers,BY gamers,made it unique.

For me,Pc Zone was the only pc game mag I read on a monthly basis.

Pc Zone was/is what Top Gear is to car programs. Fun,capturing,stands out and it appeals to a wider audience than it's competition.

You will be missed..
Consoles are for kids and partys!
Donald73 30

Postby Sad.UK » 30 Jul 2010, 23:19

Oh Bugger. . .

I'm going to miss you guys, PCZ is one of the little rays of happiness that drops through my letterbox every month.

What are they thinking axing the best pc mag the country has to offer? Words fail me. . (Well, they don't but my mum wouldn't be best pleased if she saw what I was thinking right now in print)
I've read PCZ from issue 1 but never thought I'd have to read the last issue. It's a sad day, a sad sad day.

Thanks for all the laughs guys, because of you my game collection isn't full of "great" games like Daikatana.
The happy memories of good times spent together will linger for a long time. . . Lara Crofts Petting Zoo, Charlie Brooker eating his own arse (With Hp sauce!). . .

RIP PC Zone, you'll be missed
Sad.UK 1

Postby chaotic_uk » 02 Aug 2010, 05:36

no great loss then , pczone went down hill after the take over :? .this is why i stopped buying the mag
chaotic_uk 18

PC ZONE Closure

Postby ferg65 » 03 Aug 2010, 23:16

I have subscribed to the Zone for 5 years now and have felt that the one overriding feature of the mag was it's honesty in reviewing games. I would also like to commend the Zone for continually standing up for the rights of us Duff's everywhere!
Ferg Duff
ferg65 1

Postby Shirt wearer » 04 Aug 2010, 12:48

Cheers for all the great pc news, reviews and previews

Also cheers for that free copy of city of villains

:P
Shirt wearer 43

Postby moby_matt » 06 Aug 2010, 19:21

Good to see an advert in the latest (penultimate) issue that encourages you to sign-up for a subscription to one issue. Will you still get the 'free' gift for only one issue?

Answers on a postcard to :

Why Did You Kill My Mag?
Stevie Spring
Future Publishing
2 Balcombe Street
London
NW1 6NW
moby_matt 56

Postby andygledhill » 07 Aug 2010, 13:20

This is bullshit news. I have subscribed to both PC Zone & PC Gamer for years. A couple of months back, I cancelled my subscription to PC Gamer because I could no longer afford both magazines. Plus PC Zone is a far superior mag than PC Gamer any day.

I supsected that future publishing would ruin the mag when they took over. You cant get much worse than a full blown cancellation.

Plus what about us subscribers. I havent had one email about my subscription from future publishing. IE will we get the option of transfering our subscription to PC Gamer or PC Format. As I subscribe by direct debit, I now dont know weather to cancel it or not.
Anyway, I am not sure I would transfer to PC Gamer. Future Publishing will have to come up with some sweetener for sure.
andygledhill 9

Next