Sega rules out Alpha Protocol sequel

Your comments on our articles.

No more versions of Obsidian title planned - despite 'brilliant concept'

Sega has ruled out the possibility of it publishing a sequel to Alpha Protocol - as it admits that the game's sales were lower than expected.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sega rules out Alpha Protocol sequel

Postby JablesKage » 06 Jul 2010, 12:22

No surprise really the 1st was buggy as hell and they still haven't brought out a patch yet!!! Obsidian has a habit of messing up good franchises with half arsed sequels!
JablesKage 6

Postby bigbaz2a » 06 Jul 2010, 12:46

The game was ok, but ooozed potential rather than delivering

Sega are t**ts, obsidian bugger up everythin they touch, give the rights to bioware, let them clean up your mess
bigbaz2a 8

netetrader35

Postby neteder35 » 06 Jul 2010, 13:41

welcome to: http://www.netetrader.com

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://www.netetrader.com

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30
neteder35 2

Postby Leders » 06 Jul 2010, 14:30

bigbaz2a wrote:The game was ok, but ooozed potential rather than delivering

Sega are t**ts, obsidian bugger up everythin they touch, give the rights to bioware, let them clean up your mess

If Bioware had done this... well it would have been epic! As it was, it was ok, nothing special as previously mentioned.... much potential, badly put together
Leders 43

Postby casperthedog » 06 Jul 2010, 15:25

Thats so disipointing to hear. I actually really enjoyed my time with Alpha Protocol. Yes, the gunplay wasnt great and the graphics were generally very average, but i found the whole experience of finishing it fun and engagaging, as the choices really effected what you saw and how others interacted with you. Played it the two different extremes (goody too shoes and then the selfish way) and everything i saw changed.

I hope they go back to the idea at some point, because i really do belive with refinement and improvement, it could very well be a Mass Effect competitor, which i love greatly as well.
casperthedog 38

Postby c97dem » 06 Jul 2010, 15:54

bigbaz2a wrote:Sega are t**ts, obsidian bugger up everythin they touch, give the rights to bioware, let them clean up your mess

And Obsidian are doing Fallout: New Vegas....let's see how they cock that one up!

Alpha Protocol kinda shows you how absolute s**t Obsidian's Aliens RPG would have been like, thank Cthulhu that got canned! (Just hope Colonial Marines doesnt get canned as I havent played a bad Gearbox game yet!)
c97dem 55

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby djjimmy » 06 Jul 2010, 16:14

Sega you bastards! I won't deny that AP was buggy as hell, especially for a game that was delayed alot, but I still loved every second of it. Obsidian are an iffy bunch and the game would've been much better under Bioware or some other studio but I did love AP for the game it was, it was an incredible concept and I loved the game it became, bugs and all. Disappointing to hear there won't be a sequel :(
djjimmy 35

Postby dreamcaster » 06 Jul 2010, 18:11

Have to agree that although AP lacked graphical clout, was riddled with bugs and had sub-standard gunplay/cover mechanics, I really enjoyed it. Every conversation actually carried consequences to the rest of the game, rather than games like ME, which just give that impression (still loving ME2 though :wink: )
dreamcaster 30

Postby runadumb » 06 Jul 2010, 19:36

Was tempted by AP during the steam sale but i've got plenty of great games to keep me going for a few months. Maybe during a christmas sale or something.
Obsidian do seem to have a very poor track record of finishing games. Vampire: The bloodlines was amazing but buggy as hell and clearly unfinished. Then there was KOTOR2 and now this. They seem to have great ideas but just lack polish...no wait, they polish everything in s**t. SO much potential.
runadumb 62

Postby labguy2960 » 06 Jul 2010, 20:04

Epic Fail! Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa!
labguy2960 33

Postby _Marty_ » 06 Jul 2010, 23:44

Shame, cos a sequel could've fixed the issues of the first... Worked for Assassins Creed - great concept, but flawed. But the sequel was awesome.
NEO ANARCHIST AND BEST BANG SINCE THE BIG ONE

"RIP my baby kitty - forever in our hearts"
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman

netetrader.com

Postby netetrader36 » 07 Jul 2010, 02:29

Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
input:

===== http://www.netetrader.com ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $16

New era cap $15

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25

FREE sHIPPING

====== http://www.netetrader.com ====
netetrader36 3

Postby funkyjack » 07 Jul 2010, 13:06

I really enjoyed AP, and I think it had a lot going for it as a franchise so this is a real shame.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat