Takeuchi reiterates Resident Evil 6 snub

Your comments on our articles.

Producer won't be back for sixth game, he re-confirms

Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2 producer, Jun Takeuchi has reiterated his intention to step-away from the Resident Evil series.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Takeuchi reiterates Resident Evil 6 snub

Postby ste hicky » 28 Jun 2010, 11:17

i know how resi 6 could be decent.

get shinji mikami in to make it and let the co op go.

simple.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby rivariad » 28 Jun 2010, 11:35

i hated the direction resident evil went for the past 5 years, behind the back cam, classic hero moments, non-stop action, sniper-using bike rider zombies and so on. i'd like it to return to its roots and scare me a bit cuz its getting boring.
rivariad 46

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 28 Jun 2010, 12:16

With such 'classics' as Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2 I think everyone here will be in support of his decision.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby themozabeast » 28 Jun 2010, 13:05

i reckon resi 6 should take aleaf from dead space. now that was horror. they focused on creating a completely messed up species with every different monster holding a different challenge and scares throughout.
so yeah, get back the original creator/producer, focus on scaring us and creating a completely messed up horror enemy, and get back slow zombies!
themozabeast 35

Postby ste hicky » 28 Jun 2010, 15:59

themozabeast wrote:
so yeah, get back the original creator/producer, focus on scaring us and creating a completely messed up horror enemy, and get back slow zombies!
agreed but for one thing: slow zombies?

sounds like you may have missed the resi 1 remake for gamecube: the crimson heads are the best enemies resi has ever had. kill em,let em rot,don't burn the remains with petrol.

they'll rot more and reanimate over time: christ they're fast and used to freak me out when they bent back upright.

getting chased all over the mansion by crimson heads that bust doors down to get to you was awesome. even loading screens couldn't save you.

i didn't bother with the wii re release,i've still got my cube original. track the cube game down if you can,the wii version displays in 4:3.

anyone who missed it,do yourself a favour. forget tripe like re5 and go old school.

just wait til y'all see lisa trevor who's parents are grafted in to her back...

resi remake is mikami's definitive version of resident evil.

i completely agree.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby DJPerkins » 28 Jun 2010, 23:09

Thank GOD he's not going to be involved.. Res 5 could have been great but the forced co-op, NO scares, NO zombies, NO suitcase, killing off Wester, short levels and poor DLC all hurt this game. They need to look at what made it good and do it again. OK res 4 was different and great but don't just copy the formula. I want a SURVIVAL HORROR game not this effort.
DJPerkins 22