to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

APB gameplay preview

Your comments on our articles.

Hands-on: We fought the law and the law won...

This MMO is a lot of things, but right now it's a remake of Heat, as performed by The Muppets. It all began five minutes ago as I casually hung around outside a multi-storey car park as my colleagues stole a van up on the third floor. When they drove off a conveniently placed ramp and tilted delightfully downwards into the midriff of a passing pedestrian, an APB was called out on us.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

APB gameplay preview

Postby caodonnell » 19 Jun 2010, 16:13

I hope this game is good and a success. I have been following it for a long time
caodonnell 43

Postby Bicceh » 19 Jun 2010, 20:34

It's one of those MMO's (Yes, it's an MMO... even though everyone on their forums class it as something else) which promise so much but deliver nothing.

There is very little in terms of gameplay. The worlds are incredibly small. There are about 4 types of missions.... as the Enforcers it's simply 'Collect these cars' or 'stop these players' while criminals don't really differ. They both feel the same near enough.

The customisation is really good, but thats about all their is in this game thats got some depth. The rest is just a rince repeat of the same missions over and over on a very, VERY small world.

It's using the Unreal 3 engine which is pretty amazing seeing as how bad the game runs. Driving is chopping and messy and at high speed you need a pretty decent computer to keep up with the spikes. Rubber-banding is also an issue but thats server side.

Overall i wouldn't both with it. I played the closed beta solid for a week and acomplished nearly everything i could within 3-4 days to my shock.

My advice. Boot up your 360 or PS3, load GTA4 and play the same game, with more options, for free.
Bicceh 36

Postby GeoS » 20 Jun 2010, 12:26

I pre-ordered APB to play the beta and it sucked horribly, completely unplayable on my usually sufficient specs and broadband. They really dropped the ball, thats all I can say. Fortunately I got my refund before it was too late.
GeoS 26