to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

InFamous 2: Generation Kill actor is new Cole

Your comments on our articles.

Motion capture was motivation to change actor, Sucker Punch reveals

InFamous 2's radically redesigned protagonist, Cole will be voiced and acted by Generation Kill actor, Eric Ladin, Sucker Punch has told CVG's man at E3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

InFamous 2: Generation Kill actor is new Cole

Postby Marlonjb » 18 Jun 2010, 17:56

I thought the reason Cole had no hair would be because it'd be constantly on end.

Wonder if anyone will get it?
If people are talking behind your back it's only because they cant talk to your face. PS3, Xbox360 Elite and Wii Owner so the lame ass "Fanboy" BS wont work on me. Do not bother!
Marlonjb 38

Re: InFamous 2: Generation Kill actor is new Cole

Postby ChunkyMonkey » 18 Jun 2010, 18:16

Marlonjb wrote:I thought the reason Cole had no hair would be because it'd be constantly on end.

Wonder if anyone will get it?

I think I get you. :P
Personally, I'm not to bothered about the character/actor difference, as long as the storyline isn't affected then I'm hyped for it, I'm quite interested what happens since it was pretty much a cliff-hanger at the ending of the first one.

I wonder if they are going to do some sort of load up InFamous 1 save feature. :/
ChunkyMonkey 34

Postby runadumb » 18 Jun 2010, 18:16

Marlonjb wrote:I thought the reason Cole had no hair would be because it'd be constantly on end.

You sir make a good point haha.

Shame they had to changed the actor as I liked the voice in the original. Find it weird they didn't give him hair for technical reasons, didn't stop the billion other games before infamous. He should stay a baldy, baldy power!
runadumb 61

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 18 Jun 2010, 19:22

Well your new cole completely sucks f**king ass! Bring the old one back!! :twisted:
Mmmmgrolsch 73

PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby Sleepaphobic » 18 Jun 2010, 21:29

New character looks like a total douche, wtf is suckerpunch doing?
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby Lloyd12 » 18 Jun 2010, 21:58

It's a bad move. I watched the trailer and expected to see a familiar character and instead see...some guy. The old Cole could have at least left some money on the table on his way out.
Lloyd12 29

Postby rogueybear » 19 Jun 2010, 02:02

could you have least given him short hair and no facial hair, and make it a dark gritty game, if he starts pulling wise cracks, i am gonna wise crack the f**king disc. bring back telekinesis dude who fell of that bridge, and kill zeke, he is like the rico of infamous, the main protagonist may be able to tolerate him but the fans can't.
rogueybear 21

netetrader

Postby jianmei72 » 19 Jun 2010, 02:09

welcome to: http://www.netetrader.com

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://www.netetrader.com

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30
jianmei72 3

Postby WingZeroSys » 19 Jun 2010, 15:50

The old Cole reminded me of a bit like Jason Statham (more anti-hero), the new Cole reminds me of a cross between Nathan Drake and Peter Parker (more the hero type).
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 47

Postby WingZeroSys » 19 Jun 2010, 16:08

rogueybear wrote:could you have least given him short hair and no facial hair, and make it a dark gritty game, if he starts pulling wise cracks, i am gonna wise crack the f**king disc. bring back telekinesis dude who fell of that bridge, and kill zeke, he is like the rico of infamous, the main protagonist may be able to tolerate him but the fans can't.

I'd hate to break it to you but the new Cole McGrath is Nathan Drake, I've read the ign hands on and it sounds like Cole is pulling wise cracks and sarcasm, gone has the gloomy anti-hero version, in comes Spider-Man/Nathan Drake.

Atleast they're keeping the comic style cutscenes (only for major story purposes) and added cgi ones too.

I dunno about Cole still narrating the story though, with him now being more like Spider-Man I believe they'll keep it in.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 47

Postby WingZeroSys » 19 Jun 2010, 16:48

Sorry for triple post.

I reckon they should eventually remake inFamous 1 so it would tie in better with 2.
WingZeroSys 47

Postby Aya » 20 Jun 2010, 08:53

Maybe he'll become more bald based on your in game decisions?
Aya 22

Postby slstouch » 20 Feb 2011, 05:29

Replacing the voice actor for inFamous 2 I think is a HUGGGGGGEEE!!!! mistake. You can't place a 'soft voice' with a rough look, it makes the game seems as if it wasn't even cast right, like they just chose a random person for the job. It was bad enough they redesigned the character at first, there was no point in that. It was perfect the way it is! Whats the point in making a sequel to a game if the main character is not even the same. Most people don't like change, especially with a game with such a fantastic storyline. I was blown away by inFamous, the story, the actions and the game play was excellent, it was like watching a great super hero action movie, I couldn't wait for part two. When it was finally announced, to my shock and disappointment, I couldn't believe they were actually changing the lead character. WHY! We were all capture by Cole's character. The overall look, voice and mannerisms was the main core behind the game itself! The whole point of creating videos games is capture your main audience!

In all reality the highest percentage of gamers are guys. Even though video game makers wants to capture the other percentage that are girls as well, but the truth is , any game that has action in it are always geared towards the guy population. Now you tell me which guy wants to play the 'pretty boy'. In inFamous's case I believe they captured both genders. In the guys point of view they can relate to the character as being a man's man, a real tough guy, the raspy voice, the rough exterior , just plain cool. In the girls view you have a character thats dark, mysterious , tall 'dark' and handsome, total sexy bad a**. NOT boy band 'pretty'.

I'm not even sure if its too late to change the voice, I tell you right now its probably ticking off a lot of fans of the game and losing them at the same time. Yes they manage to try to go back to the original concept , but its still a bad move with the voice. Its way too soft for Cole's image ,total turn off from even purchasing the game. I understand it takes time and money to cast actors, 'the right actor(s)' , but it has to be done right.
slstouch 1
New user