Michael Jackson game had 'intense bidding war'

Your comments on our articles.

Ubisoft wasn't the only publisher after Jacko rights...

The just-announced Michael Jackson game was the subject of an "intense bidding war" before Ubisoft came up trumps, CVG's been told.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Michael Jackson game had 'intense bidding war'

Postby Random Hangman » 17 Jun 2010, 12:23

Milo must be sh*tting himself... :shock:
Random Hangman 58

Postby nottsville » 17 Jun 2010, 12:31

I thought this was going to be released on the new child friendly Apple console, iTouch kids?
"Legends are fiction, kid. Someone tells it, someone else remembers, everyone passes it on"

http://thegamefreakblog.com
nottsville 62

Postby zombiesinmyhead » 17 Jun 2010, 12:46

Was it more intense than the bidding war that broke out between Michael Jackson and Jordan Chandler in 1994? You remember, where he paid out $20,000,000 FOR NOT molesting him?
zombiesinmyhead 46

Enough with the jokes!

Postby mocfilms » 17 Jun 2010, 12:55

Jordan Chandler has since admitted that he made up the whole allegation, as he was only following the instructions of his father: http://trashselector.com/evan-chandler- ... y-michael/

Hopefully, idiots like "nottsville" will eventually stop making false accusations and jokes, and finally show some respect for the King of Pop.

I for one am looking forward to the game.
mocfilms 34

Re: Enough with the jokes!

Postby nottsville » 17 Jun 2010, 13:16

mocfilms wrote:
Hopefully, idiots like "nottsville" will eventually stop making false accusations and jokes, and finally show some respect for the King of Pop.

OOOOOOOooohhhhhh....get her!

Jesus dude, lighten up. It's a sad sad world when you can't have a joke about something.

Maybe have a think about that when you're in your bedroom with your black trilby and sparkly glove dancing along to his greatest hits. Michael would have loved it!
"Legends are fiction, kid. Someone tells it, someone else remembers, everyone passes it on"

http://thegamefreakblog.com
nottsville 62

Postby BeauBeau » 17 Jun 2010, 13:32

Soon kids will be able to play with Michael Jackson.

Oh, the irony...
BeauBeau 48

Postby ParmaViolet » 17 Jun 2010, 13:34

nottsville wrote:
mocfilms wrote:

Jesus dude, lighten up. It's a sad sad world when you can't have a joke about something.

Maybe have a think about that when you're in your bedroom with your black trilby and sparkly glove dancing along to his greatest hits. Michael would have loved it!

Absolutely - besides, MJ opened himself up to ridicule when he decided to ditch good music and suddenly become ambassador of Planet Earth/Saviour of Mankind.

Sorry, I find it incredibly hard to have any respect for someone that could release garbage like 'Earth Song'. An incredibly talented guy, admittedly - but, he's hardly as big a deal to music as someone like Elvis or the Beatles.

Also, he was Ushers biggest influence - that's reason enough to hate him.

:)
ParmaViolet 66

Postby mocfilms » 17 Jun 2010, 13:50

Indeed, but its one thing to dislike someones music, and quite another to call them a paedo...
mocfilms 34

Postby Black Mantis » 17 Jun 2010, 14:40

ParmaViolet wrote:
nottsville wrote:
mocfilms wrote:

Absolutely - besides, MJ opened himself up to ridicule when he decided to ditch good music and suddenly become ambassador of Planet Earth/Saviour of Mankind.

Sorry, I find it incredibly hard to have any respect for someone that could release garbage like 'Earth Song'. An incredibly talented guy, admittedly - but, he's hardly as big a deal to music as someone like Elvis or the Beatles.

Also, he was Ushers biggest influence - that's reason enough to hate him.

Oh it's on! In my musical upbringing, he's much greater than those acts. They suck!

I'll give you Usher though. :wink:
Black Mantis 67

Postby travis3000 » 17 Jun 2010, 14:42

Enough with the MJ bashing. The man never touched a child inappropriately in his life. Anybody who spends the time researching cold hard facts can see that in a second. The funny thing is...regardless what you people say, that video game will go straight to #1 and sell millions of units. All your bashing does is make him more famous.

And in regards to the Elvis and Beatles reference, MJ is so much bigger on a global level. He had the benefit of the mass television watching era plus the Internet era, which made him a true global star unlike The Beatles and Elvis. MJ's estate has earned 60% of what the Elvis estate has made already, the differrence....MJ has been dead for a year, Elvis has been dead for 30 years. That sums it up right there.
travis3000 1

Postby travis3000 » 17 Jun 2010, 14:45

Enough with the MJ bashing. The man never touched a child inappropriately in his life. Anybody who spends the time researching cold hard facts can see that in a second. The funny thing is...regardless what you people say, that video game will go straight to #1 and sell millions of units. All your bashing does is make him more famous.

And in regards to the Elvis and Beatles reference, MJ is so much bigger on a global level. He had the benefit of the mass television watching era plus the Internet era, which made him a true global star unlike The Beatles and Elvis. MJ's estate has earned 60% of what the Elvis estate has made already, the differrence....MJ has been dead for a year, Elvis has been dead for 30 years. That sums it up right there.
travis3000 1

Postby ParmaViolet » 17 Jun 2010, 15:03

travis3000 wrote:Enough with the MJ bashing. The man never touched a child inappropriately in his life. Anybody who spends the time researching cold hard facts can see that in a second. The funny thing is...regardless what you people say, that video game will go straight to #1 and sell millions of units. All your bashing does is make him more famous.

So, he's more important because he made more money? - I don't really care about those kind of comparisons, to be honest. Westlife sell millions of albums, they're still utter tosh and will be sniggered at in the future.

The fact is (and I should probably point out that I'm not a fan of either Elvis or The Beatles), MJ didn't actually change anything on a musical level - he just made above average pop music.

Don't get me wrong, he was a talented guy, but I don't understand why MJ fans seem to think that he's as important as acts that genuinely influenced and changed the way that music is made.

ParmaViolet 66

Postby zombiesinmyhead » 17 Jun 2010, 16:31

Don't get me wrong, he was a talented guy, but I don't understand why MJ fans seem to think that he's as important as acts that genuinely influenced and changed the way that music is made.

Tell it like it is, Parma. He didn't help create youth culture like Elvis or the Beatles, he just capitalised on it. He was also the best instrument Quincey Jones ever had. When he dumped Quincey as his producer he lost it. Along with a significant proportion of his face.
zombiesinmyhead 46

Postby smiffy117 » 17 Jun 2010, 17:28

another dancing game i guess? meh. it will be a flop. ...unlike Michael Jackson when he saw a child...
smiffy117 23

Postby Frank L » 18 Jun 2010, 09:26

I don't know what the age of some of the bloggers here but I suspect they are about 12 or so and should not be here. For the rest, if you have any balls you'll read Charles Thomson's new piece in The Huffington Post.
Frank L 1

Next