to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The Witcher 2

Your comments on our articles.

Hands-on: Prepare a change of underwear...

The Witcher was the sort of game that inspires devotion and love, not because it was perfect, but because it tried to go beyond the obvious.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Witcher 2

Postby NEOnburN9 » 16 Jun 2010, 12:02

Is this or is this not coming out on console...can anyone clarify please? :?
NEOnburN9 49

Postby BattleMoose87 » 16 Jun 2010, 12:29

You're thinking of Rise of the White Wolf, which was due for PS3 and 360. This later got cancelled although many suspect it will now be a port of The Witcher 2. CD Projekt RED have reiterated recently that they are concentrating solely on the PC version first and will consider a console version once it is finished.
360/PSN/Steam ID: BattleMoose87

Currently playing: ...Oh, you don't care? Ok...

http://gamesponge.co.uk/
BattleMoose87 49

Postby Wilzy » 16 Jun 2010, 15:11

There's one final point left to deal with and that's the fact a console version of the game is being produced.

Think that sums it up, in the article itself :wink:
Wilzy 53

Postby grimlock047 » 16 Jun 2010, 16:55

Fortunately this guys know what they're doing and something tells me they won't make the mistake of developing a "multiplatform" game like all the recent crap of shooters and other games.
Instead (I hope) they would continue with what they wanted to do with the first Witcher: release a proper PC version with proper controls, interface and technical options; and a console version with controls and interface tuned down and adapted for joypad (or lollipop and hand waving if you will).
grimlock047 22

Postby The_KFD_Case » 16 Jun 2010, 18:14

The Witcher was my GOTY for 2007. "Love" is a strong concept yet nonetheless I did "love" The Witcher (although it did have some at times infuriating bugs - e.g. loooong loading times, disjointed plot progression and mission triggers in-game, etc). It was nonetheless a fantastic, dark, gritty, and adult action RPG that left me wanting more.

The Witcher 2 is one of my most anticipated games and I dearly hope that it won't be published by THQ (if IIRC) since they have the unfortunate tendency to bundle their PC releases with mandatory Steam registration. Since I just spent 5 days waiting for Metro 2033 to download despite having the physical DVD in my hands, only to discover that apparently it somehow "missed" 2GB of data, which I now have to wait for for God knows how long, I will pirate whichever PC games I want and would have paid money for in the future if they require Steam. I'm done playing ass clown circus with these imbeciles. A shame the developers have to suffer for others' hubris. Oh well.

P.S. I'll miss the sex scenes and the following sex conquest cards.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby ragna_bloodedge » 22 Jun 2010, 12:08

I really wanted to think the Witcher was a great game, but it just fell short. The story was awesome, espically the creppy ending, but the combat was a mixed blessing and the item system, as well as creation and leveling up were a bit too fiddley.

Still, I'm very excited for this game, not just for the improvements I hope they make but for the story as well.
ragna_bloodedge 26

Postby krisk7 » 01 Jul 2010, 18:21

I strongly believe The Witcher 2 is going to be as good as RPG can get!
If you are a Witcher fan please show your support and vote for it at E3 (till July 9):
e3.gamespot.com/best-of-e3-2010/genre-awards/index.html?page=8
krisk7 1