MS defends E3 conference to hardcore

Your comments on our articles.

"This was a great show for all types of consumer"

Microsoft has come under fire this week from some hardcore gamers for an E3 conference that focused largely on its casual-friendly Kinect device. But the platform holder maintains that its showing was "great" for its core consumers.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby GTCzeero » 16 Jun 2010, 08:39

Yet a large portion of the internet disagrees.

For me this year it went Nintendo> Sony> Microsoft, and Nintendo winning is based pretty much solely on the 3DS.
GTCzeero 31

Postby wildhook2 » 16 Jun 2010, 08:44

I was disappointed too - I'm only interested in Fable 3. Other exclusives did not appeal to me.

Nintendo (3DS) / Sony (Gabe & Twisted Metal) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MicroSoft.
wildhook2 54

Postby originalbadboy » 16 Jun 2010, 08:47

Please M$ just stop right there before you make it any worse ....

You failed to deliver in every respect this year, showed games we already knew about, created a conference that was terrible, just terrible and on top of all that managed to somehow make Kinect look utter shite in the process ...

Oh how the mighty have fallen ....
originalbadboy 47

Xbox Live: originalbadboy

Postby steve_2003 » 16 Jun 2010, 08:48

I love the 360, but MS really needed to show a whole lot more titles, we know they're coming but give us a few new E3 trailers etc.

Even a video compilation of big 2010 titles and some Xbox Live information would've been good. The Summer Arcade line-up and more news on next seasons 1 vs 100 or any other live shows that they're working on. 8)
steve_2003 64

Postby Insidious » 16 Jun 2010, 08:55

I don't think it wasn't so much that the hardcore part wasn't hardcore, it was just that there was nothing NEW. Take out Rising, and it was nothing we hadn't really seen/expected before. I mean, some of the games even recycled trailers. Honestly, is it too much to ask to get a NEW trailer for E3, rather than ones we've already seen before?

And then, of course, where Sony temper the casual-ness by demonstrating semi-hardcore capabilities of Move as well, Microsoft pandered ONE HUNDRED PERCENT to 'the other side' *shudder* with their far-too-extended Kinect demonstration. Seriously, fail. In a perfect world, they would have done everything Kinect at the pre-event, rather than that poncho-wearing wackjob they pulled, and left the main conference to proper hardcore stuff, preferably with a few ANNOUNCEMENTS mixed in.

To summarise: Son... I am disappoint.
Insidious 31

Re: MS defends E3 conference to hardcore

Postby Black Mantis » 16 Jun 2010, 08:55

steve_2003 wrote:I love the 360, but MS really needed to show a whole lot more titles, we know they're coming but give us a few new E3 trailers etc.

Even a video compilation of big 2010 titles and some Xbox Live information would've been good. The Summer Arcade line-up and more news on next seasons 1 vs 100 or any other live shows that they're working on. 8)

There are some fantastic looking games in this years Summer of Arcade. Limbo and Comic Puncher stood out for me, especially the latter. Even though it's an XBLA title, it looks more interesting than the upcoming Spiderman game.
Black Mantis 67

Postby Miss_Wacy » 16 Jun 2010, 08:59

ms conference was a borefest, sonys last night was wicked, they never dissapoint me, got a feeling next years will be even better
Miss_Wacy 50

Postby StokedUp » 16 Jun 2010, 09:02

guys lets just chill man,
in all honesty Both microsoft and Sony (although sonys showing wasnt too bad) have got games coming that they for some reason didnt show. i think we'll have to wait till Tokyo Games Show to see them, and isnt there another games shows aswell? i cant think of the name of it.
StokedUp 54

PSN ID: stokesy

Postby gothchild » 16 Jun 2010, 09:02

You could never say that was a great show by any standards really.

Nintendo>Sony>MS
Everyone sucks, just don't tell them
gothchild 55

Postby ParmaViolet » 16 Jun 2010, 09:06

wildhook2 wrote:I was disappointed too - I'm only interested in Fable 3. Other exclusives did not appeal to me.

Nintendo (3DS) / Sony (Gabe & Twisted Metal) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MicroSoft.

Gabe?

wildhook2 wrote:Valve and lazy fat bastard should be taking note instead.

So, I assume that he's now a genius?

Personally, I didn't really see anything of any interest from any of them. I'm not interested in handhelds, not interested in FPS' - so, it's really only Fable 3.

:)
ParmaViolet 66

Postby equinox80 » 16 Jun 2010, 09:06

I don't think MS's showing was as bad as is being made out however I saw Sony showing Kill Zone 3 last night with Move and can now kind of see why hardcore 360 owners feel left sold short by Kinect.
equinox80 43

Xbox Live: Equinox80
PSN ID: Equinox80

Postby blagger » 16 Jun 2010, 09:07

I wouldn't say Sony's show was wicked, but it was a damn sight better than microsoft's poor outing.

The best news from sony for me was lbp 2 coming this year, i really didn't expect that, and a release date for GT5(whether it'll actually stick to it will be interesting).
But just when i was thinking can mass effect 2 be toppled on metacritic by a ps3 title this year, along comes those 2 potential massive scorers.
They could do it.
blagger 55

Postby roynluc » 16 Jun 2010, 09:11

Miss_Wacy wrote:ms conference was a borefest, sonys last night was wicked, they never dissapoint me, got a feeling next years will be even better

I think you could be right…

When Nintendo showed off their 3DS, Sony's jaw dropped and the decision was made to not show off the PSP 2, as they have now seen the next bit of tech that they are going to copy, quite possibly.
roynluc 64
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: Stonie uk
PSN ID: Stonie_uk
Wii Code: 3DS- 0216-0774-2209

Postby altitude2k » 16 Jun 2010, 09:14

You've got to be either really self-centred or really easily pleased to expect everything in any keynote to appeal to you.

It just so happened that this year MS chose to show more stuff that didn't appeal to me than did.

I'm not going to cry and whinge about that considering the plethora of great games coming out that I am really looking forward to.

Some people just need to get over it :roll:
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby StonecoldMC » 16 Jun 2010, 09:20

Whilst it wasnt as good as previous E3's, there was enough there to keep me happy (just).

Reach, Gears, Fable, Crackdown and the new Game from Crytek (Crysis 2 is looking beautiful) are enough to keep me contented for the next few months.

We still have the Euro and Japanese confereneces to go, so hopefully we see more core Game announcements at these events, from all of the platforms.

But i'd agree with the majority: Ninty, Sony, MS is how I saw it this year.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Next