to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

GoldenEye Wii screenshots are in

Your comments on our articles.

First look at the remaking of a classic

The first GoldenEye screenshots for Wii have arrived.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

GoldenEye Wii screenshots are in

Postby kimoak » 15 Jun 2010, 23:19

Okay. So this is a proper rework of the game. Not just an XBLA up rez version.... I guess you would call it a reboot.... *cringes at the reboot phrase* Still... So much more exciting than I first thought.
Optimus Prime: I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet.
Megatron: Which one is it?
Optimus Prime: It's the one that says Bad motherf**ker
kimoak 57

Postby Dajmin » 15 Jun 2010, 23:29

I hate to be the one to say it, but I really think it's going to be disappointing. The first is remembered as being awesome because it was groundbreaking on the tech it was built on. Revisiting that is going to be good for nostalgia, but I'm not sure what's going to make it worth another visit.
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
DAJMIN.COM - The Rock Star Gamer
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin

Postby ste hicky » 15 Jun 2010, 23:32

it's got all the mp maps from the original.

cod style exp system in place too.

i'll take it.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby lordirongut » 15 Jun 2010, 23:33

A decent dev. They did a great job with Nightfire all those years ago and they did Dead Space Extraction so they have some good Wii experience. I have faith in them. When I saw the vent scene in the trailer I melted with nostalgia.
"Our world cannot be viewed through the glasses of common sense" - Masato Arai.

Twitter: @hyakushiki1234
JRPG/Japanese Culture blog: http://shrinetoamaterasu.blogspot.com/
lordirongut 66

PSN ID: lordirongut

Postby Barca Azul » 15 Jun 2010, 23:54

Looks dreadful compared to other shooters
Barca Azul 61

Postby peetay » 16 Jun 2010, 00:13

I hate to say it but it looks awful
peetay 42

Xbox Live: PEETAYEBAY
PSN ID: PEETAY

Postby rip_it_up » 16 Jun 2010, 00:17

dead space extraction looked very good for a wii game,so im hoping for them type graphics for this closer to release.
what a want most tho is a steady framerate and tight controls.ive heard you can use a classic controller for this game,which will be interesting because im pretty good with a wii remote, and my mate are goood with dual shock!
showdown!!!
rip_it_up 49

Postby feeg86 » 16 Jun 2010, 13:45

Any self respecting gamer that spent many months of their lives on the original will know that this won't live up to it.

Its a remake of a classic. It'll be great to get the nostalgic feeling and seeing what they do with it, but it's not going to better the n64 version. I hate to sound like a graphics snob but it does look poor, even for a wii game.
feeg86 43

Postby YCshinobi » 16 Jun 2010, 14:06

feeg86 wrote:I hate to sound like a graphics snob but it does look poor, even for a wii game.

I disagree, it doesn't look amazing or anything, but it doesn't look any worse than any other shooter on Wii, it looks on par with with COD4 Wii to me, deffo more visually pleasing than the Conduit.
YCshinobi 65

Xbox Live: ycshinobi
PSN ID: ycshinobi
Wii Code: Wii U... YCshinobi
Steam: ycshinobi

Postby bazzatuk » 16 Jun 2010, 18:53

Looks awful.

Nostalgia is a cruel thing. This game is unlikely to to play as well as you remembered. Perfect Dark on XBLA was a nice remake, but it made it clear that a 10 year old game doesn't hold up well today.
bazzatuk 57

Xbox Live: Fur1ous Apollo
PSN ID: Apollo T4L

Postby KippDynamite » 18 Jun 2010, 00:31

I hate to be the one to say it, but I really think it's going to be disappointing. The first is remembered as being awesome because it was groundbreaking on the tech it was built on. Revisiting that is going to be good for nostalgia, but I'm not sure what's going to make it worth another visit.

I agree. I also thought Nightfire was rubbish, and activision don't exactly have a great track record imho.
KippDynamite 49

PSN ID: KippDynamite

Postby flipperdipp » 07 Jul 2010, 23:48

None of the comments say anything about the graphics they look absolutly rubbish!!!my Goldeneye game for the ps2 looks better.and im not saying that for a joke it actuly does!WHich leads me on to my next question why.......the .......WII!!!!!!!!!!you could have picked any console in the world and they chose that one!!!make a game like this for the 360 it would be a massive success.but because they haven't this game is gonna fail.

BADLY!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
flipperdipp 1

Postby flipperdipp » 07 Jul 2010, 23:52

YCshinobi wrote:
feeg86 wrote:I hate to sound like a graphics snob but it does look poor, even for a wii game.

I disagree, it doesn't look amazing or anything, but it doesn't look any worse than any other shooter on Wii, it looks on par with with COD4 Wii to me, deffo more visually pleasing than the Conduit.

COD4? :evil: youre saying its level with COD4!!!! :twisted: with steam poring out my ears i think youre very very wrong
flipperdipp 1