to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

'EA Sports is a joke' - UFC boss

Your comments on our articles.

Dana White still has no love for Undisputed rival

Dana White has continued his vocal disregard for EA after the publisher showed off EA MMA at E3 earlier this evening.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

'EA Sports is a joke' - UFC boss

Postby Focker420 » 15 Jun 2010, 00:49

Undisputed is a joke. Dana White is in my top 5 most hated people of all time.
Focker420 46

PSN ID: Focker420

Postby Clusks » 15 Jun 2010, 01:29

ufc 2010 online is the biggest joke of all
Clusks 45

Postby smash-4000 » 15 Jun 2010, 01:38

Behind Kotick of course?
Anyway, this guy is probably the type of person that bad mouths other things just because it's better than his crap, stupid man :D
smash-4000 41

Postby Noobsaibot » 15 Jun 2010, 03:06

I think you'll all find that without Dana White, most people wouldn't have even heard of MMA. Plus, he approached EA two years ago and they said no saying there was no money in it/not a real sport. So, he went and made two highly successful UFC games and now EA suddenly want a piece of the pie.

Like him or not, Dana White is 100% right on this.
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Postby galvatron81 » 15 Jun 2010, 03:42

Dana white is definately right on this issue.

Seeing as UFC bought out pride a few years ago why don't they release a pride game with pride rules eg kicking people in the face when they are on the mat allowed etc.

It would make for an awesome game :)

anyone watch ufc the other night? was quite good, didnt expect cro cop to win via submission of all things lol.

A k1 game would also be quite superb :)
galvatron81 27

Postby FlimFlam » 15 Jun 2010, 08:09

Dana white is definately right on this issue.

Dana White is, and has been for some time now, acting like a spoilt child on this issue.

EA didn't see an MMA game as a viable, sellable product years ago. MMA has since exploded in popularity, and thus is now a marketable product. That isn't being 'a joke', that is being savvy enough to know your market. The irony is that Dana White has made a fortune off of competition, yet now his game has some, he is throwing his toys out.

From what I have seen of EA's game, it looks much slicker in the ring. Yes it doesn't have the UFC branding, but there are more than enough fighters out there not signed with the UFC. I look forward to getting hands on with it, I didn't think THQ did a bad job, but I have a feeling this may turn out to be the better game.
FlimFlam 42

Postby kimoak » 15 Jun 2010, 08:43

Dana is right. EA are hippocrites. UFC was really in the ascendancy when White went to EA to creata a UFC game. UFC has been a sport for a long time now, people just didn't know it. I have been a fan for a few years now and I have watched it grow and grow. I collect the back catalogue also so I have watched it from the beginning when it was pretty much no-hold-barred.

Anyway, if it weren't for Dana and the Ferritta brothers, there would be no UFC and MMA would not be where it is today regardless of what you think of Dana. Personally I don't mind him :)
Optimus Prime: I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet.
Megatron: Which one is it?
Optimus Prime: It's the one that says Bad motherf**ker
kimoak 57

Postby Sleepaphobic » 15 Jun 2010, 09:53

FlimFlam wrote:

The irony is that Dana White has made a fortune off of competition, yet now his game has some, he is throwing his toys out.
Hmm, I always thought the success was due to there being no competition but I see your point, I don't agree though. EA are pricks for saying it's not a sport when in reality it's the best sport on the planet. How can the fastest growing sport today not be marketable? Did they even bother to see what it was all about or was it a twitch decision? Either way they screwed up and I do hope this game does fail which I don't think will be that hard as the roster sucks ass.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby thedriffter50 » 15 Jun 2010, 10:50

He has the nerve...Iv played UFC 2010 and it's a carbon copy of UFC 2009 and in most places 09 is a much better game...I cant wait for a real MMA game...his just angry that theres competition...what a idiot
thedriffter50 44

Postby FlimFlam » 15 Jun 2010, 12:19

Hmm, I always thought the success was due to there being no competition but I see your point, I don't agree though.

Sorry, I didn't make that clear... what I meant was Dana White's business is built on competition i.e. two men competing in the octagon, to the victor go the spoils etc.

We don't know exactly what EA said, only what Dana has said, and given his petulance over the whole thing, it's hard to believe what he is saying isn't somehow distorted. They approached EA remember, and they got knocked back. He is acting like the kid who got rejected by the high school hottie.

At the end of the day, he could be a little more grown up about it than calling the company developing a rival game names. Seriously. Personally, as EA MMA looks a ton better than UFC Undisputed, if I were him I would speak to EA again about using the license and giving the fans the best game possible, instead of feeding his own ego.

P.S. Despite you acting like a girl Dana, you have made MMA wqhat it is today, and I love both you and the UFC. Just stop being a pansy. Please.
FlimFlam 42

Postby almanac2015 » 15 Jun 2010, 12:47

Couldn't give a s**t about any of these games really, so just saying one thing...

EA didn't see the market, now they do. They isn't being a hypocrite, that is just being smart. So what, they could have jumped on the bandwagon a bit earlier and they decided it would be too risky. All that them creating a game now means is that they see a market now.

Call of Duty, Medal of Honour. PES, Fifa. Most games have some serious competition and once it has been shown there is a market, you have to expect other companies to pounce on it also.

This dude sounds like a spoilt child, seeming to take the EA thing as a personal insult when EA no doubt couldn't give a toss and were just doing what they though was good business.
PSN: threepy
almanac2015 61

PSN ID: threepy

Postby JammyJames » 15 Jun 2010, 13:49

No, UFC is a joke...
JammyJames 43

PSN ID: BIGJ99

Postby Sleepaphobic » 15 Jun 2010, 15:07

almanac2015 wrote:
This dude sounds like a spoilt child, seeming to take the EA thing as a personal insult when EA no doubt couldn't give a toss and were just doing what they though was good business.
Read my earlier post, it doesn't seem like good business at all. Boxing is dying but they pump out fight night all the time. Sure it a much more well established series but I would think a sport in the best shape it has ever been might do ok when compared to another sport that is probably in the worst shape I can remember. Now good business or not if they did indeed say what Dana stated then it doesn't matter, they are dicks and i hope they fail. I'm not aware of EA stating that dana's remarks were false which may as well mean it was the truth.

@flimflam; dana can be a sore loser sometimes but most of the time when he is flipping off smthg or someone it's for good reason. Silva's last few performances, tht awesomely bad caleb fight, fedor being m1's bitch and wanting half of his company etc. He took back tito for gods sake so maybe he isn't 100% dick right?
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic