to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

White Gold and The Precursors 360 canned

Your comments on our articles.

Xbox versions get the chop

Xbox 360 versions of White Gold: War in Paradise and The Precursors have both been axed, publisher GFI has confirmed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

White Gold and The Precursors 360 canned

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 May 2010, 12:46

Ok, from the screenshots I've seen the Precursors looked a bit crap graphically, but still:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was looking forward to it anyway. Space and planet exploration/dog fighting and FPS-ing- what's not to like?
Guess that's one to scratch off the list of 'Future Games of Possible Awesomeness' then.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Re: White Gold and The Precursors 360 canned

Postby lonewolf2002 » 10 May 2010, 15:05

MrPirtniw wrote:Ok, from the screenshots I've seen the Precursors looked a bit crap graphically, but still:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was looking forward to it anyway. Space and planet exploration/dog fighting and FPS-ing- what's not to like?
Guess that's one to scratch off the list of 'Future Games of Possible Awesomeness' then.

Dunno how much exploration there will be in the game as this had me worried taken from their website:

"The Precursors is the first-person RPG/Action Elite-style game with innovative gameplay.
The game has been released in ex-USSR on 6th of December of 2009. The game takes place on several planets and you as a young pilot are able to fly from one planet to another.
There are over 350 missions in the game."

Several planets, what like 5-8 of them?
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 May 2010, 15:24

Hmmm, probably- still if there was 8 massive planets that would be pretty cool. Oh well.
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Postby lonewolf2002 » 10 May 2010, 15:31

MrPirtniw wrote:Hmmm, probably- still if there was 8 massive planets that would be pretty cool. Oh well.

Dunno might still get this on PC, it doesn't look too bad and maybe soemthing was lost in translation about the several planets part.

On a side note have you heard about DarkStar One: Broken Alliance? No planet exploration/fps stuff but sounds ok.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 May 2010, 18:30

Yeah, I read a brief preview in a 360 magazine a couple of months back- just youtubed it- and liking what I'm seeing so far. Looks very much like Freelancer, which is cool.

And when are they going to make a sequal to Starlancer? :o
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Postby CrispyLog » 10 May 2010, 22:51

MrPirtniw wrote:Yeah, I read a brief preview in a 360 magazine a couple of months back- just youtubed it- and liking what I'm seeing so far. Looks very much like Freelancer, which is cool.

And when are they going to make a sequal to Starlancer? :o

I love you. I've been begging for a sequel to Starlancer for a decade now! Freelancer was ok, it was ambitious but didn't really deliver and the combat wasn't that fun, but Starlancer was immense!
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 75

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 May 2010, 23:38

:lol: Bloody great game wasn't it? Even the fact you're co-pilot would constantly say things like "Keep 'em coming buddy" everytime you shot down an enemy- it still rocked.

Developers may ignore one voice- but with 2 of us how can they not listen?

Oh, and I like you. A lot. But let's just be friends for now, eh?
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71