to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Need For Speed: World

Your comments on our articles.

EA throws their keys into the mix and looks at Will Porter coquettishly

Henceforth to be known as NSFW for the entirety of its existence, Need For Speed: World is another attempt by the EA juggernaut to attempt to make money out of the pirate-riddled PC market. It's a free-to-play racing MMO, a bolted together spaghetti junction of former iterations of Need for Speed, designed to suck coins from the sweaty hands of its players through microtransactions and paid-for content packs.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Need For Speed: World

Postby SoulChimera » 08 Apr 2010, 15:11

Been playing the beta, it's not too bad. A big laggy here and there.
Big Money!
Big Prizes!
I Love It!!
SoulChimera 60

Postby thelazyone » 08 Apr 2010, 15:37

Do you think this concept would work on the consoles?

Im glad EA are trying this out, fair play :)
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby shadyMrPatch » 09 Apr 2010, 10:57

Could be interesting, the online elements of Midnight Club Los Angeles was similar to this and great, pretty much the only bit of the game that was (too harsh?).

Loved the way you hit the 'online' option and nothing appeard to change on screen until some dude came hurtling past in a Golf GTI with bizzare tiny wheels and a swastika on the bonnet.

And you could just speed round winding up people who were having an actual race, getting in their way and generally griefing them. Or of course you could find an actual race if you fancied, until some t**t started getting in everyone's way.

Shame I didn't get on with the 'constant drifting' style of the driving engine though, otherwise it would have been a great game.
PSN : <not telling>
shadyMrPatch 44

Postby Dajmin » 09 Apr 2010, 13:02

If it ends up like an up-to-date version of Motor City Online then I'd go for it, but I think there's going to be too much "rep" and bling nonsense for me.

But it's not NSFW, it's NFSW dammit! I know the temptation is there, but seriously, Need Speed For World is just nonsense :p
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
Albany Down - New album Not Over Yet available now!
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin