to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Madworld turned more people off than on

Your comments on our articles.

Red Steel dev says violence was too much

Red Steel developer Jason Vandenberghe has told Official Nintendo Magazine that the violence in Madworld turned more people off the game than it turned on, which resulted in poor sales.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Sinthetic » 23 Feb 2010, 21:16

madworld definitely turned me on mate, you must have been too tired the day madworld tried it on with you ;D
Rose Nasty FTFW!

Sam Saidely, The Greatest Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 Player In The World!
Sinthetic 52

Postby Oneohfour » 23 Feb 2010, 21:19

Or maybe it's because you can't dance whilst weighing yourself and sing some god awful with your gran in Madworld. 90% of gamers don’t like putting a signpost through some ones head? I beg to differ.
Oneohfour 32

Postby blitzpoisonpunk » 23 Feb 2010, 21:19

Its nowt to do with offending gamers its to do with offending wii gamers, I'm not trying to sound like a prick but I own and play every console, but all my mates girlfriends who tell me they're gamers and say they own a Wii and a DS and nothing else can sod off, their not gamers, and the Wii isnt a gamers console, its just lucky theres a few awesome games to make me keep my Wii as i'm sure Red Steel 2 will be and Madworld was, let me signpost, tire and throw people into walls of spikes and leave me alone
blitzpoisonpunk 24

Postby Oneohfour » 23 Feb 2010, 21:20

Or maybe it's because you can't dance whilst weighing yourself and sing some god awful with your gran in Madworld. 90% of gamers don’t like putting a signpost through some ones head? I beg to differ.
Oneohfour 32

Postby Black Mantis » 23 Feb 2010, 21:24

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near someone who got turned on by Madworld.
Black Mantis 67

Postby dm_1782 » 23 Feb 2010, 23:15

I liked it cant wait for a sequel. I've said it once and I'll say it again, you get the guy who voices Wolverine in a game a im halfway sold. Plus he has a chainsaw on his arm.
dm_1782 46

Postby dre_z » 23 Feb 2010, 23:20

nah the violende didt turn me off mad world it was the black and white colour scheme, my poor eyes couldnt take it. was a cool game thought just diasppointed it wasnt in colour
dre_z 17

Postby Stu_the_great » 23 Feb 2010, 23:30

The constant repetition put me off. The ex-Clover devs are much cleverer than Madworld let on.
*Paste witticism here*

Stu_the_great 67

PSN ID: StuTheGreat
Wii Code: 0472 7462 5855 0301

Postby kimoak » 23 Feb 2010, 23:31

Well my soldier stood to attention!
Optimus Prime: I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet.
Megatron: Which one is it?
Optimus Prime: It's the one that says Bad motherf**ker
kimoak 57

Postby bazzatuk » 24 Feb 2010, 00:31

I think it has more to do with the fact that any hardcore gamer like me got rid of their Wii ages ago.
bazzatuk 57

Xbox Live: Fur1ous Apollo
PSN ID: Apollo T4L

Postby GoatBoyUK » 24 Feb 2010, 03:39

Liked the game.The biggest turn-off was the lacklustre PAL conversion.To omit a 60hz option but retain huge black borders is unforgivable in this day and age.I like to play games as they were intended.
ORIGINALGOATBOY-live GoatBoy73-psn
GoatBoyUK 31

Postby blind_fools » 24 Feb 2010, 10:24

oh, come on madworld ruled!
but come on it does not take a brain surgeon to figure out a game like madworld will sell poorly on the wii.
you'd think the developers would know the wii is a kids/ soccer moms console.
now madworld is the complete opposite to what soccer moms/ kids will be playing.
if it was on ps3, 360, psp or even PC it would of sold much better.
same for cursed island thats a really good game, but again the exact opposite to what soccer moms/ kids will play.
blind_fools 29

Postby monkeymagic » 24 Feb 2010, 11:20

Only soccer moms? Some people crack me up.

In my opinion (and it is just my opinion) Madworld was repetitive rubbish.

To the person that says that people that only own a wii/ds aren't proper gamers: I only own a wii (and pc) I also only used to own a ps2. I also used to only used to only own a spectrum. If you think I'm not a gamer then that's your problem.

It's ironic that the people that complain about kids buying rubbish games are in fact the "kids" buying rubbish games. I'd rather be called a non-gamer playing the likes of Little King's Story and Zak & Wiki than boring games that happen to have violence in it.
monkeymagic 27

Postby ParmaViolet » 24 Feb 2010, 11:55

What is a 'soccer mom'? - do we now section mothers into which sports they like?....that'd be a bit confusing, I don't think my mum likes any sport really.

I really enjoyed MadWorld, but I would agree that there was a fair bit of repetition to the gameplay. It was mainly the excellent commentary that kept me entertained in certain parts.

To be fair, MadWorld is ludicrously violent. I would expect that it would put a large section of the userbase off on any console - moreso on the Wii, granted - but there's definitely a large section of gamers that really wouldn't be into something like that.

:)
ParmaViolet 66

Postby blind_fools » 24 Feb 2010, 13:23

ParmaViolet wrote:What is a 'soccer mom'? - do we now section mothers into which sports they like?....that'd be a bit confusing, I don't think my mum likes any sport really.

I really enjoyed MadWorld, but I would agree that there was a fair bit of repetition to the gameplay. It was mainly the excellent commentary that kept me entertained in certain parts.

To be fair, MadWorld is ludicrously violent. I would expect that it would put a large section of the userbase off on any console - moreso on the Wii, granted - but there's definitely a large section of gamers that really wouldn't be into something like that.

:)

LMAO!
the lable soccer mom has nothing to do with sports, its a short way of saying over conservative.
the people who try and protect their kids from the world, one of my mates parents are a perfect example.
the kid is freaking 16 for christs sake and his parents will not allow him to play any games over PG, same with movies.
his freaking 16 and he has never watched or played a M rated game.
they wont let him watch the simpsons for christs sake, they say its too "controversial."

as for the repetetive gameplay of mad world name one game that does not have repetetive gameplay.
uncharted 2, gears of war 2, bioshock 2, dead space, bayonetta, darksiders, dantes inferno.
almost every single game has repetitive gameplay but that did not stop those games from being some of the best of their year.
blind_fools 29

Next