Darksiders patch incoming

Your comments on our articles.

Screen-tearing fix coming tomorrow

Darksiders developer Vigil Games has said that Xbox 360 owners can expect a fix to be released for the much-talked about screen-tearing issue this week.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Darksiders patch incoming

Postby Stewieglen » 26 Jan 2010, 21:44

The reason why there isn't a screen tearing patch for the PS3 is because there wasn't a problem to begin with. Something must of went wrong exclusively with the xbox version and now they are fixing the issue.

All's well that ends well, i guess.
Stewieglen 41

Re: Darksiders patch incoming

Postby Sleepaphobic » 26 Jan 2010, 23:33

Stewieglen wrote:The reason why there isn't a screen tearing patch for the PS3 is because there wasn't a problem to begin with. Something must of went wrong exclusively with the xbox version and now they are fixing the issue.

All's well that ends well, i guess.
very true and its funny that they state some people are having the problem when everyone on the 360 does.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby cheezze » 27 Jan 2010, 10:06

Make's a change normal its the ps3 that has these issues with third party not the 360
psn:id Hammie
cheezze 35

Postby wildhook2 » 27 Jan 2010, 10:14

All good then. But what if you own the PS3 version? Well there's no word on when you get teh fix and Vigil's site's currently down for maintenance, so that's no help.

Cos PS3 version has no problem, silly!
wildhook2 54

Postby Sneferu » 27 Jan 2010, 12:56

Why does this appear on the PS3 page when it's not PS3 related???? :wink:
Sneferu 20

PSN ID: Sneferu

Postby The_KFD_Case » 27 Jan 2010, 23:39

I plugged my Xbox 360 in to the net for the first time since I bought it last Summer just for this update. The update took place instantaneously as promised. Since I hadn't loaded "Darksiders" up before the patch because I knew it was in the works, I have nothing to compare the current version to but it looks positively lovely, IMO and there is no tearing so far that I've noticed. What a joy the game is to play as well!

Update: There still appears to be some tearing here and there which is a bit distracting/annoying, it is not major however.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65