to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Quantum Theory release date confirmed

Your comments on our articles.

Gears Of War-style shooter out March 26, CVG reveals; New trailer unveiled

Tecmo Koei's third-person action shooter Quantum Theory will be released in the UK on March 26, CVG can reveal.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Quantum Theory release date confirmed

Postby SICARIUS1 » 18 Jan 2010, 22:33

Released on the same day as pokemon heart gold? What kind of Magikarp thought that up?
SICARIUS1 32

Postby The_KFD_Case » 18 Jan 2010, 22:40

"GoW 2" is one of the best gaming experiences I've had on the Xbox 360, so on the one hand something that emulates it may be enjoyable as well. Yet on the other hand I find it pretty damn sad that "Quantum Theory" appears so bereft of any sort of imagination. Sure, many games borrow concepts from other games, but there is borrowing from and being inspired by another game and outright ripping-off another title. This looks set to land in the latter camp.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby lordirongut » 18 Jan 2010, 22:49

I disagree, KFD. The art design seems quite a bit more imaginitive than Gears', and you only have to look at most RPGs to see that combat doesn't change much from title to title. Most begin with a basic premise (using RPGs again this would be turn based combat with magic and attack functions), and add in a unique feature of their own (in Persona you get changeable summons, in Final Fantasy you get the job archetypes, in The Last Remnant you got squads and QTEs etc). I think that this will be similar, but in a third-person shooter way. Of course I could be very wrong and it will be a shameless rip-off. Also Syd is a daft name for a main character.
"Our world cannot be viewed through the glasses of common sense" - Masato Arai.

Twitter: @hyakushiki1234
JRPG/Japanese Culture blog: http://shrinetoamaterasu.blogspot.com/
lordirongut 65

PSN ID: lordirongut

Quantum Theory

Postby FAUNA » 18 Jan 2010, 23:24

I can't wait for this game. The Gaudi-esque/art nouveau art direction is immaculate. The organic living tower concept is awesome (& very Japanese). PEOPLE NEED TO GET OVER THE G.O.W. COMPARISON (there's no need to mention it in EVERY article). This title will likely be better than Gears of War (because it's Japanese - they make everything better).
FAUNA 35

Postby The_KFD_Case » 18 Jan 2010, 23:57

I beg to differ with the claim that everything the Japanese make is better. They certainly appear to have fallen off the RPG wagon when it comes to innovation and in-depth character and plot development. Be that as it may, this game is unlikely to see my money fill its creators' coffers.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby Sinthetic » 19 Jan 2010, 01:06

it does look cool, it's got to be said that it is a gow rip off just as dantes inferno is a GOW clone, that being said it may well be a good laugh!
Rose Nasty FTFW!

Sam Saidely, The Greatest Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 Player In The World!
Sinthetic 52

Postby Watson » 19 Jan 2010, 02:48

well i WAS looking forwad to it but now it just looks like a mental cheap gears of war :?
Watson 38