Halo Reach vs. God Of War III for GOTY? Not likely...

Your comments on our articles.

Opinion: January's 'Best of 2010' lists have got Tim Ingham climbing the walls already...

The New Year's Eve hangover has finally subsided and most of us are back in the sunlight-starved rat race.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby steeley » 12 Jan 2010, 20:13

I could not agree more with the writer, I really look forward to the new and innovative, in particular Alan Wake is a shining spot of new on the old franchise encrusted horizon. Already Bayonetta has proved to me this year will provide a breath of fresh air.
steeley 28

Postby tmten » 12 Jan 2010, 20:18

tmten 40

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Jan 2010, 20:28

A sensible and good read. Reach and GOW3 are going to be the two biggest Games (Sales/Marketing/Scores probably) on both Sony and MS's consoles but the beauty of 2010 is that their is something there for everyone.

Were getting sequels to big Franchises, new exciting IP's, new ways to play (motion), possibly 3D Gaming along with all the unnanounced Games, Services and Apps that are sure to be announced at the big confereneces.

If you can look at the year ahead and not get a little bit giddy then Gaming isnt for you. Now how do I control time and find a way to have limitless amounts of cash :lol: ?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Re: Halo Reach vs. God Of War III for GOTY? Not likely...

Postby Black Mantis » 12 Jan 2010, 20:30

steeley wrote:I could not agree more with the writer, I really look forward to the new and innovative, in particular Alan Wake is a shining spot of new on the old franchise encrusted horizon. Already Bayonetta has proved to me this year will provide a breath of fresh air.

Those were the two games I'd have mentioned, so I'll throw Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain in the mix!
Black Mantis 67

Postby purple101 » 12 Jan 2010, 20:37

there both not gonna win **** when TWISTED METAL drops.
purple101 20

Re: Halo Reach vs. God Of War III for GOTY? Not likely...

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Jan 2010, 20:37

Black Mantis wrote:
steeley wrote:I could not agree more with the writer, I really look forward to the new and innovative, in particular Alan Wake is a shining spot of new on the old franchise encrusted horizon. Already Bayonetta has proved to me this year will provide a breath of fresh air.

Those were the two games I'd have mentioned, so I'll throw Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain in the mix!

I see your Heavy Rain and Red Dead Redemption and raise you Fez ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y00P1hta ... re=related )and Mod Nation Racers. This could go on some time :D, Happy Days.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby sweatyBallacks » 12 Jan 2010, 21:13

You don't like lists?

Well you can stuff it, here's mine :shock:

BEST OF 2010

1. Starcraft II
2. God of War 3
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. The Last Guardian
5. RAGE

Surely one of the best line-ups for one man since time immemorial, all bases covered, those 5 games are the only 5 you need in 2010, sod the rest of the crap!
sweatyBallacks 45

Postby purple101 » 12 Jan 2010, 21:14

as ive said before, and will say again, THERE BOTH NOT GONNA' WIN' **** when TWISTED METAL drops on NOVEMBER 12th 2010
purple101 20

Postby sweatyBallacks » 12 Jan 2010, 21:25

purple101 wrote:as ive said before, and will say again, THERE BOTH NOT GONNA' WIN' **** when TWISTED METAL drops on NOVEMBER 12th 2010

I don't think Mr Jaffe will make a Twisted Metal 3.

Amd if he don't make it, there is no point.

His new dev company is really small and is focusing on smaller titles - which is what he said in an interview last year.
sweatyBallacks 45

Postby purple101 » 12 Jan 2010, 21:36

ok then , i think your wrong, and i was guessing the date obv,-

in this case , THE LAST GUARDIAN will win , to think that sony dont have anything other than

MODNATIONRACERS
HEAVY RAIN
GRAN TURISMO 5
GOD OF WAR 3
LAST GUARDIAN

would be foolish

they also have

MAG /WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES,- i didnt count them as i dont see them selling much,

they WILL have a xmas blockbuster, and it will be twisted metal

if not, it will be something other, equally amazing.
purple101 20

Postby Sleepaphobic » 12 Jan 2010, 22:31

Well judging by the examples you mentioned then GoW should win without even trying. If you said ME2, last guardian (if it is released as I can see this being pushed) and GT5 and stayed out of the stupid wii imitations tht natal and gem (or jem??) are then maybe you would have a point.
Last edited by Sleepaphobic on 15 Jan 2010, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby Artisti » 12 Jan 2010, 23:11

If it drops this year I wouldn't be surprised if R*norths Agent takes GOY.
Artisti 17

Postby lordirongut » 12 Jan 2010, 23:17

FFXIII folks, and maybe a spot of White Knight Chronicles are going to make for a great start. 2010 has doubtlessly the best game line up ever.
"Our world cannot be viewed through the glasses of common sense" - Masato Arai.

Twitter: @hyakushiki1234
JRPG/Japanese Culture blog: http://shrinetoamaterasu.blogspot.com/
lordirongut 68

PSN ID: lordirongut

Postby mrWhite » 12 Jan 2010, 23:32

Natal / PS3 wand... will get all the shovelware crap we see on the Wii. Does anybody here actually want to wave their legs around to play a game? I can do that on a Wii, which as we all know, is only fun if there's a huge group of people playing for 2 minutes each. If you play it on your own, the novelty of waving your arounds around wears off after a few minutes.

Honestly what games do you expect to be playing? FIFA, God of War, Call of Duty, Halo, Gran Turismo, Grand Theft Auto etc. by waving your limbs and dancing around the room? Who the hell does that? You sit on a damn sofa. It'll be Natal Sports, Natal Music, Sony Wand Sports, Sony Wand Winter Olympics etc.

And why are you talking about 3D gaming now? 3D tvs aren't going to leak out until the end of the year, will be astronomically expensive, and nobody will buy one because there are no 3D tv channels (unless Sky actually do manage to get their ONE 3d channel out by the end of the year). Given that, what 3d games do we have? A lackluster demo of 1 track from Gran Turismo, and Wipeout. Not this year....

Heavy Rain and Alan Wake, look pretty, but will sell 7 copies.

Medal of Honor is well past it and will be forgotten a few weeks after it's release.

Of course Halo Reach will sell shitloads as it's a Halo game and Microsoft have no other big holiday game. It will sell no matter what it's like.
mrWhite 13

Postby Nick33 » 12 Jan 2010, 23:42

I don't know what to say about this article really, other than it's a easy way to get a few cheap hits. Take the two biggest games of the year, then go all emo on them and say their unambitious. Easy way to wind up the younger gamers who frequent this place. You could say that all these gaming sites do is exploit their readers with bad articles like this. There seems to be a lack of respect for the readers here. You can do better than this obvious attempt to wind up gamers.

Poor show all round, but typical of todays gaming sites.
Nick33 27

Next