to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Fallout 3 GOTY hits Steam

Your comments on our articles.

Includes all five add-on packs

Bethesda has dropped word that the Fallout 3: Game Of The Year Edition is now available to download via everyone's favourite digi-download service, Steam.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fallout 3 GOTY hits Steam

Postby EddieNES » 18 Dec 2009, 04:26

Just make a new one already!
EddieNES 27

Xbox Live: EddieNES
PSN ID: EddieNES

Postby casperthedog » 18 Dec 2009, 09:22

^ They are making a new one. Its not by the same team as Fallout 3, but a new is coming, called 'Fallout New Vegas" and i dont want it rushed as a yearly thing (keep in mind, Fallout 3 was only just out at this point last year).

And the GOTY edition is such good value is anyone hasnt played Fallout 3 yet, i brought it weeks ago to help save on hard-drive speace as i only have a 20 gig hardrive and the Fallout dlc took up a lot of space.
casperthedog 38

Postby h3r3tic666 » 18 Dec 2009, 17:42

meh ! got mine for 13.99 GOTY ! everything on steam is way overpriced!
h3r3tic666 29

Steam: Dead2th3world

Postby The_KFD_Case » 20 Dec 2009, 14:20

1. Steam is not my "favourite digi-download service". In fact, I dislike digi-download only games tremendously (granted, "FO3" is not limited to digital download services only thankfully).

2. I pre-ordered "FO3". I was excited. I played it...and took a 5 month break before I went back to it and finished, then uninstalled it. I have not played any of the DLC and I have no interest in playing "FO3" again. It was beautifully crafted and a massive game yet it ended up being so big that it seemed unfocused - both the story and the actual fun in the gameplay suffered as a result. Bethesda is one of my favourite developers yet they have a history of doing this sort of thing (just look at the "Elder Scrolls" franchise).

Speaking of "Elder Scrolls", when's the fifth installment coming out? That's the game I first and foremost want to see from Bethesda.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65