NGamer issue 16 - feedback here

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

NGamer issue 16 - feedback here

Postby User removed » 04 Oct 2007, 10:36

Hello everyone.

Nights are drawing in, aren't they? Brrr. Luckily, NGamer issue 16 is so crammed full of blazing Nintendo brilliance, it'll (probably) actually light your house from the inside.

Please note: there's no DVD this issue. Which is good news for two reasons. One: you get 3 free gifts instead of the usual 2. Two: you'll be getting to see the team in those cringingly embarrassing NGTV segments online, right here on the NGamer site. Think of all the effort you'll save, not having to remove the disc from its packaging and insert it into a DVD player! Your hands will thank you. Possibly by shaking your hand, if that's even possible.

AND. Another special thing this month. There are EIGHT different special Legend Of Zelda covers to collect, each based on a different game from the series. The excitement!

Let us know what you think of the issue -- and do tell us which is your favourite cover. It's the Ocarina Of Time vs Majora's Mask argument all over again.

That is all.

Greener
Last edited by User removed on 06 Nov 2007, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
User removed

Postby grf741 » 04 Oct 2007, 11:33

Will we be able to watch the video through the Opera browser on Wii any time soon? It is my only way of getting on the internet so unless Nintendo sites get Nintendo compatible I will be missing the web only video content :( This is the advantage of the dvd. You could always post 'em on youtube. :P

Mag not arrived yet and postal strike is imminent! Hope it gets here today. :x
grf741 62

Xbox Live: Grf741

Re: NGamer issue 16 - feedback here

Postby NGM Cube » 04 Oct 2007, 11:52

Greener wrote:Two: you'll be getting to see the team in those cringingly embarrassing NGTV segments online, right here on the NGamer site.

Does that mean no DVD then?
NGM Cube 66

Xbox Live: Cube1701
PSN ID: Cube1701
Wii Code: 0460 9678 8120 6539
Steam: Cube1701

Postby Pixe1 » 04 Oct 2007, 15:32

Greener wrote:There's no DVD this issue. ... Think of all the effort you'll save, not having to remove the disc from its packaging and insert it into a DVD player!

I don't accept that reason. Back in issue#2, the DVD convinced me to subscribe to NGamer.

I thought to myself,
"The DVD is good news for two reasons. One: you get high-quality video and sound. Two: you can crank up the volume on your big TV. Think of all the effort you'll save, not having to mess about online! Your brain will thank you."

I really appreciate the DVD each month. It's original, fun and trouble-free. Greener, what are you doing :cry: ?
Last edited by Pixe1 on 04 Oct 2007, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

_P i x e 1
Pixe1 53

Postby Retro Boy » 04 Oct 2007, 15:42

I was really hoping issue 16 would come this morining what with the postal strikes I will not get it till next Wednesday/Thursday. :( :(
Retro Boy 25

Postby User removed » 04 Oct 2007, 15:42

Interesting move with the DVD thing. I guess it could be alright provided the same videos actually do make it online... otherwise, its a real shame.

NGTV was a really great feature. I often just waited for NGamer to arrive instead of streaming footage off the Internet (having an actual disk is pretty handy).

The covers sound pretty good this issue. Ill probably check them all out and pick up my favorite.
User removed

Postby Dead Lemon » 04 Oct 2007, 16:29

Is this No DVD thing going to be permanent now, or just a one off? Because I wouldn't be happy if it was scrapped. The way I saw it was the DVD justified the extra pound the magazine cost - as compared to NGC.

Oh and subscribers are aware of the postal strike starting tomorrow, right?

Probably won't get this issue until next Thursday now. :x

NGM Cube wrote:
Greener wrote:Two: you'll be getting to see the team in those cringingly embarrassing NGTV segments online, right here on the NGamer site.

Does that mean no DVD then?

I think this part of his post:

Please note: there's no DVD this issue.

Means there's no DVD.

:wink:

Greener wrote:AND. Another special thing this month. There are EIGHT different special Legend Of Zelda covers to collect, each based on a different game from the series. The excitement!

If I weren't a subscriber that would be good, since I would have a choice of covers to pick from. However, as it is it's just down to luck with what I get through the post. :( It better be a good one.
What would Captain Black do?
Dead Lemon 59

Postby NGM Cube » 04 Oct 2007, 17:09

Dead Lemon wrote:Oh and subscribers are aware of the postal strike starting tomorrow, right?

They started today.
NGM Cube 66

Xbox Live: Cube1701
PSN ID: Cube1701
Wii Code: 0460 9678 8120 6539
Steam: Cube1701

Postby User removed » 04 Oct 2007, 17:38

What we've got planned is to mix up the gifts a bit -- because by doing a DVD every single month, we can't do other sorts of gifts that we think you'll love. We've got some cool stuff lined up -- and by continuing to run NGTV online, you get the best of both worlds.

But that's only my opinion, natch. So do let me know what you think over the next few months. I collect all your feedback in a little Word document called 'READERS' on my desktop. (And, yes, my desktop wallpaper is Super Mario Galaxy. I'm that predictable.)

Main thing is: the DVDs are still very much in the 'pool' of future gifts. So this is in no way a permanent goodbye to shiny discs, or me crying like a baby as I struggle to think of something new to write at the top of the red bit on the DVD inlay.
User removed

Postby Pixe1 » 04 Oct 2007, 17:51

Me.
We're being put on a rollercoaster of emotions here :P . First Greener says the DVD is gone. Now it might come back. I don't know what Dead Lemon is thinking...

Dead Lemon wrote:It's just down to luck with what [cover] I get through the post. It better be a good one.

Are you going to kill someone?

_P i x e 1
Pixe1 53

Postby Stu_the_great » 04 Oct 2007, 19:38

As long as the mag meets usual standards then I'm not going to miss the DVD much this month. Just as long as the freebie isn't 3D posters with specs (dirty look at ONM here). Also, the postal strike is bound to annoy many this week :( heh-heh not me though!
*Paste witticism here*

Stu_the_great 67

PSN ID: StuTheGreat
Wii Code: 0472 7462 5855 0301

Postby shigsy2003 » 04 Oct 2007, 21:50

Hmmm I love the DVDs and Iike to refrain from watching vids on the internet as they are of poor quality..,as is my comp.

Different covers!...Oh God if I get Majora's Mask Greener's going the way of the Dodo!

With the strikes on I can only hope to get this mag before next week...although I doubt it.
"Mr Spock on Vulcan the women are logical, yours is the only planet in the universe that can make that claim" - Kirk.
shigsy2003 34

Postby Dead Lemon » 04 Oct 2007, 22:10

Greener wrote:What we've got planned is to mix up the gifts a bit -- because by doing a DVD every single month, we can't do other sorts of gifts that we think you'll love. We've got some cool stuff lined up -- and by continuing to run NGTV online, you get the best of both worlds.

That sounds perfectly fair. Unless of course you're planning on just replacing the monthly DVD with a monthly Tips Books. :P
Dead Lemon 59

Postby User removed » 04 Oct 2007, 22:27

Stupid bloody Royal Mail & their postal strikes! How is it the strikes are always on when NGamer is due out? :evil:
User removed

Postby Dead Lemon » 04 Oct 2007, 22:29

Venom_uk wrote:Stupid bloody Royal Mail & their postal strikes! How is it the strikes are always on when NGamer is due out? :evil:

:lol: I actually said the same thing this morning when I saw the strikes mentioned on the news.

:x
Dead Lemon 59

Next