Live get together

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Crow555 » 16 Apr 2007, 12:22

I had a look at ADSL guides forums. They're a bit bare to be honest and only list 8 providers under the providers link.

I've had a good look at thinkbroadband.com (who used to be ADSL-guide.org I think) and they have a lot of useful stuff on there.

Still waiting on that MAC code. :?
Crow555 64

Xbox Live: Crow555
PSN ID: Crow_555

Postby Fox » 16 Apr 2007, 12:29

Crow555 wrote:I had a look at ADSL guides forums. They're a bit bare to be honest and only list 8 providers under the providers link.

I've had a good look at thinkbroadband.com (who used to be ADSL-guide.org I think) and they have a lot of useful stuff on there.

Still waiting on that MAC code. :?

Oh it could've been that i meant. Not been there in a while but it definately wasn't bare.

Good good so long as you know who your going for. I know a few people who get snagged by those things with these supposedly cheap 'cowboy' outfits. And i wouldn't want that to happen to you!

*looks embarrased....runs away*
Fox 1

Postby Crow555 » 16 Apr 2007, 13:39

The only cheap 'cowboy' outfit I know of is Virgin ADSL. I've also noticed ThinkBroadband have lumped the Virgin.net part (ADSL) in with Virgin Media (which was the cable part) and so the 2 are used as one in the compare (which rates speed, reliability and customer service) section. This I think will give customers the wrong idea about the ADSL part.

Anyway, I've read up on Newnet and IDnet so it will be one of those 2 I'll be going with.

Incidently, who are you with Fox and how are they for gaming?
Crow555 64

Postby Fox » 17 Apr 2007, 09:57

I'm with AOL on gold. I got it a bit cheaper than it says as i had a rant at them for lying to me so i got it cheaper with a free 'compatible' wireless router.

I wouldn't go reccomending them as there's probably better and cheaper options out there by now. But I can only get Around 1Mb in my area and no cable :cry: . What i use it for too i wuld exceed most providers 'fair' usage policy on supposedly uncapped download limits and AOL were one of the few left that actually had a None download limit. and their customer service is none of this india call centre crap.

As far as gaming goes i've had no problms at all. So far not one complaint for their service (apart from initial rant) unlike other people i know who change providers often. So im happy. All the gaming and downloading i need. You get what you pay for.
Fox 1

Postby Crow555 » 30 Apr 2007, 09:36

Well, I'm finally on Newnet and getting a healthy enough 2.7mbps from the off. It doesn't sound like a lot but when you consider early last week I was getting 0.3 or even 0.2mbps at points, it's warp speed compared to that. I tried playing Battlefield and it was zipping along at around 55 ms ping.

Just have to test it on Live now. :)
Crow555 64

Postby User removed » 05 Jan 2010, 21:48

:? I don't understand wtf...
User removed

Re: Live get together

Postby worknds » 04 Nov 2010, 07:02

And Virgin should be forthcoming with the MAC code as they can't fanny about giving them out anymore.
worknds 1
New user

Re: Live get together

Postby Reegeee » 07 Nov 2010, 15:55

I'm sure Crow will appreciate your prompt response.

By the way, look at the size of my sig. It's ridiculous isn't it? If they allowed images to be 150/200 pixels high then I wouldn't have 2 images. Chumps.
Reegeee 75

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Previous