Genuine trailers and next-gen ambitions: Guerrilla Games on

Your comments on our articles.

Sony's FPS studio discusses its PS4 launch game and reveals how it informed the DualShock 4 design

On stage, against a blue background at E3 some eight years ago, Sony's Kaz Hirai introduced a series of videos from development studios promising "a glimpse into the future" of PlayStation 3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby chamony » 27 Feb 2013, 16:45

i thought it said Killzone Shadow Fail....
chamony 39

Xbox Live: 1amGOD
PSN ID: 1amGOD
Steam: 1amGOD

Re: Genuine trailers and next-gen ambitions: Guerrilla Games

Postby sunnz » 27 Feb 2013, 16:59

Very cute, did you think of that all by yourself?

ANYWAY, so far it looks good and with 7+ months of optimisation, fixing and being given more ram and stronger finale specs, I think even for a launch title this game will look incredible.

BUT I do hope they go back and take a lot of the stuff that made KZ2 so good, leave the COD style features and designs behind ( forget KZ3). 2 was fun and a very good experience ( unless you were into COD). It was very well made and balanced.
sunnz 1
New user

Postby moogiesboy » 27 Feb 2013, 17:09

chamony wrote:i thought it said Killzone Shadow Fail....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now back to your leap pad and Pokemon comics you child.
moogiesboy 51

Xbox Live: lazyboyjones
PSN ID: neutronbomb
Battle.net: lazyboyblue

Postby EvilWaterman » 27 Feb 2013, 17:23

I can't wait to get my hands on the PS4.
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 55

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby JOHNKARA » 27 Feb 2013, 17:37

"The guys who made it are no longer in an ivory tower in Tokyo, [the development has been] shared with us and not just with us, but with Evolution, Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, everybody and together we've built the machine."

Love this quote - good to see so much camaraderie and collaboration between Sony and its pool of talented developers.

Also, did anybody else notice the "slow-motion" effect that was evident in the demo / playthrough? It looks nasty-awesome, and cannot wait to blast some Helghans using slo-mo action.

8) 8) 8)
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 47

Postby dapperbandit » 27 Feb 2013, 18:15

JOHNKARA wrote:
Also, did anybody else notice the "slow-motion" effect that was evident in the demo / playthrough? It looks nasty-awesome, and cannot wait to blast some Helghans using slo-mo action.

8) 8) 8)

I did indeed. I spotted a couple of other things as well: both you and the Helghast have some kind of shields (he flanks in the demo because the Helghast with the minigun has a shield up)

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the slow-mo ability might be triggered using the touchpad. Guerilla are known for utilizing Sony's tech, like using Sixaxis to arm bombs for example. I wouldn't be surprised if they made use of a lot of the new controller's features. There's already been hints dropped like the light on top of the controller changing colour when you have low health, or messages from radios in game coming out of the speaker on the controller.

I can't wait til E3 where we'll probably hear more.
dapperbandit 32

Postby Get Over Here » 27 Feb 2013, 18:57

CVG should take a leaf out of other websites and be more liberal with banning users like this.

Brings absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Anyway, was pleased with this:

"There's going to be - and we'll talk about this at later events - a lot of player choice and things like that, but some of those things don't demo as nicely, so we picked something that has a beginning and an end while at the same

As to be honest with you, the SP experience in KZ2-3 is very, very average. Having said that, I don't really care too much about it as I played KZ3 for the brilliant multiplayer. Looking forward to this one and team battles with the early PS4 crowd.
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Postby tanukilou » 27 Feb 2013, 19:40

This is one game where I hope the multiplayer turns out well. KZ3 Multiplayer is brilliant, one of the few I still play regularly.
tanukilou 48

Postby Padua » 27 Feb 2013, 20:18

tanukilou wrote:This is one game where I hope the multiplayer turns out well. KZ3 Multiplayer is brilliant, one of the few I still play regularly.

One of my favourate experiences this gen was Zipper's MAG.
I spent stupid hours in that game for well over a year without getting bored.

Would love to see 256 player (or higher!) multiplayer on PS4!
Maybe Guerrilla can carry the torch for Massive Action Games?
Padua 63

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby chamony » 27 Feb 2013, 20:24

sunnz wrote:Very cute, did you think of that all by yourself?

ANYWAY, so far it looks good and with 7+ months of optimisation, fixing and being given more ram and stronger finale specs, I think even for a launch title this game will look incredible.

BUT I do hope they go back and take a lot of the stuff that made KZ2 so good, leave the COD style features and designs behind ( forget KZ3). 2 was fun and a very good experience ( unless you were into COD). It was very well made and balanced.

yes

moogiesboy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now back to your leap pad and Pokemon comics you child.

whats a leap pad? and i dont poke men or children, i think your on the wrong site....

Get Over Here wrote:

CVG should take a leaf out of other websites and be more liberal with banning users like this.

Brings absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Anyway, was pleased with this:

"There's going to be - and we'll talk about this at later events - a lot of player choice and things like that, but some of those things don't demo as nicely, so we picked something that has a beginning and an end while at the same

As to be honest with you, the SP experience in KZ2-3 is very, very average. Having said that, I don't really care too much about it as I played KZ3 for the brilliant multiplayer. Looking forward to this one and team battles with the early PS4 crowd.

calm down, get over yourself! as 99% of comments on here are bullcrap..... whats your point? and as you are an avid gif poster i ask again whats your point?
chamony 39

Xbox Live: 1amGOD
PSN ID: 1amGOD
Steam: 1amGOD

Postby Spider82 » 27 Feb 2013, 20:39

What are they doing to really separate current and next gen shooters? Shinier graphics are not going to cut it. I think every gamer has experienced every scenario you can imagine in this generations FPS titles. Running around shooting things is starting to get old. We need something added to the formula that really evolves the genre to a new era. Personally I would enjoy hyper realistic physics and more depth to my shooter. Its a hard one to call as the formula as we know it has been so successful, but ultimately done to death.
Spider82 37

Postby Get Over Here » 27 Feb 2013, 22:28

chamony wrote:
calm down, get over yourself! as 99% of comments on here are bullcrap..... whats your point? and as you are an avid gif poster i ask again whats your point?

I've made my point above. Learn to read instead of posting childish crap.
Last edited by Get Over Here on 27 Feb 2013, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Postby theturk » 27 Feb 2013, 22:30

Shadow Fall clinched it for me and I opened a separate acocunt and dumped my PS4 money into it so no matter how poor I might get if things go south, I'll still have the damn machine and KZ4 to cheer me up. :twisted:
theturk 5

Postby Karlo87 » 27 Feb 2013, 23:14

Very exciting read, I love how Sony have turned to their first-party teams for help with the new console, shows a level of companionship that is rare these days.
I'm hoping the multiplayer has some options for 64 players or more, that'd be awesome for a launch title.
Karlo87 13
New user

Postby clerk13 » 27 Feb 2013, 23:24

Does look an awesome game I love kz3 still play the mp everyday, I can't wait :-)
clerk13 18
New user

Xbox Live: enslaver666
PSN ID: clerk13

Next