to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sony's D-Day: Everything we know about PS4

Your comments on our articles.

All the specs, controller details and expected launch games in one place

Here we go. At 6pm Eastern Time (11pm UK) tonight Sony Computer Entertainment will kick off its PlayStation Meeting event in New York City, where it is certain to announce the next generation home PlayStation console.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sony's D-Day: Everything we know about PS4

Postby richomack360 » 20 Feb 2013, 09:17

Haven't owned any Sony product since the PS1 - but this is starting to catch my eye somewhat !
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Re: Sony's D-Day: Everything we know about PS4

Postby gayrath » 20 Feb 2013, 09:43

I can't believe that after all this time and all the rumours we are finally going to see what the next gen in gaming is going to actually look like. I am so so excited!

I'm still not sure which way I'll go this time around. I have always preferred gaming on the XBox (even though I own both consoles and use them both a lot!), but with the 2 consoles looking more similar by the day I think it will be very hard to judge this cycle.

I hope today goes well for Sony and they give us something to really get excited about before E3. Here we go!
gayrath 38

Postby Barca Azul » 20 Feb 2013, 09:47

Looking forward to get some actual details.

Clearly they have captured the media's attention with all this.
Barca Azul 62

Postby RustySpoon80 » 20 Feb 2013, 09:47

I would love it if all the long lost (and cancelled) PS3 games were revealed as PS4 launch titles.
The Agency, Agent, The Getaway 3, FF versus 13, The Last Guardian, Eight Days etc.
RustySpoon80 56

Postby murph_77 » 20 Feb 2013, 10:10

RustySpoon80 wrote:I would love it if all the long lost (and cancelled) PS3 games were revealed as PS4 launch titles.
The Agency, Agent, The Getaway 3, FF versus 13, The Last Guardian, Eight Days etc.

I would love The Getaway 3 but we all know Sony canned it for some reason.
murph_77 45

Postby silversun_111 » 20 Feb 2013, 10:11

Gentleman, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby Get Over Here » 20 Feb 2013, 10:23

RustySpoon80 wrote:I would love it if all the long lost (and cancelled) PS3 games were revealed as PS4 launch titles.

Word on the grapevine is that both FF Versus and The Last Guardian have been switched to PS4.

Also, there is a guy on Twitter, who seems to have insider info, claiming the new Xbox will be offered at subsidized cost for a subscription contract. So pay little up-front (or nothing) but pay monthly (like a cable-box contract). You heard it here first.

https://twitter.com/TheKevinDent
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Postby Ali_ » 20 Feb 2013, 10:25

rC&VG wrote: while no Sony hardware announce is complete without an endlessly delayed Gran Turismo.

Edited for truth.
Ali_ 57

Postby chedda memba » 20 Feb 2013, 10:56

richomack360 wrote:Haven't owned any Sony product since the PS1 - but this is starting to catch my eye somewhat !

havent owned a ps product longer than 2 months but me too this has got my attention
chedda memba 40

Postby cupoftea » 20 Feb 2013, 11:09

Well that's me out of luck wife having baby so no ps4 for me
cupoftea 36

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 20 Feb 2013, 11:36

You know nothing. But you have a large stack of hearsay, guesswork and conjecture.

You might as well say it'll have a built in teas made and has replaced the trophiy system with a new controller function that simulates being given head everytime you finish a level.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I'll will laugh my ass off if the PS4 isn't revealed tonight.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby TheLastDodo » 20 Feb 2013, 11:40

Wrong PS4 thread again :|
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StonecoldMC » 20 Feb 2013, 11:41

Get Over Here wrote:

Word on the grapevine is that both FF Versus and The Last Guardian have been switched to PS4.

Also, there is a guy on Twitter, who seems to have insider info, claiming the new Xbox will be offered at subsidized cost for a subscription contract. So pay little up-front (or nothing) but pay monthly (like a cable-box contract). You heard it here first.

https://twitter.com/TheKevinDent

That's been all over the news for ages, in fact, there all ready doing it in MS stores in NA just now.

OT, I'm expecting to get blown away by Sony tonight, its Gamers like myself who jumped ship to MS and the Xbox and then the 360 after years and years of buying and playing God knows how many PS consoles and iterations.

Nae pressure then Sony, nae pressure :D !
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby ricflair » 20 Feb 2013, 11:48

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:You know nothing. But you have a large stack of hearsay, guesswork and conjecture.

You might as well say it'll have a built in teas made and has replaced the trophiy system with a new controller function that simulates being given head everytime you finish a level.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I'll will laugh my ass off if the PS4 isn't revealed tonight.

It would be amusing, in the way it often is to see the internet get itself all worked up in to a tizz, but it would be a huge PR fuckup if they didn't. After all the s**t Nintendo got for announcing the console and not really showing anything, I just can't see Sony making that mistake.

I was saying elsewhere, I'm still not so sure that a lot of people feel the need to upgrade from the current consoles.

And you're right, they should call these 'every rumour we know' not 'everything...' latest rumour has the US price at $429 and $529 for two different SKUs. I'm sure we can kiss goodbye to a £300 PS4, if either of those rumours are true, which they probably aren't. I doubt we'll see prices today - I think that is one thing Sony can hold on to a little longer.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby MRHONGKONGDAVE » 20 Feb 2013, 12:16

richomack360 wrote:Haven't owned any Sony product since the PS1 - but this is starting to catch my eye somewhat !

You've missed out on some unmissable experiences!
MRHONGKONGDAVE 35

Xbox Live: MRHONGKONGDAVE
PSN ID: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Steam: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Battle.net: MRHONGKONGDAVE (origin)

Next