to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Bungie's Destiny awaits

Your comments on our articles.

The Halo creator finally unveils its incredibly ambitious new franchise - but leaves many questions unanswered

As the lights dimmed in the presentation theatre deep within the bowels of Bungie's development studio in Bellvue, Washington, the journalists in the room knew we were in for something special.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Bungie's Destiny awaits

Postby budge » 17 Feb 2013, 19:19

Travelling between worlds and landing on them seamlessly would make me very interested in this game. This article makes it sound a lot better than a Halo style MMO.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Re: Bungie's Destiny awaits

Postby Black Mantis » 17 Feb 2013, 19:34

Quite a frustrating reveal, they could have shared a bit more surely! Frustrations aside, it does seem like it could be a revolution in the FPS genre (on consoles at least). Plus I'm glad it won't be subscription based.
Black Mantis 67

Postby shev » 17 Feb 2013, 20:13

Bungie's studio head, Marty O' Donnell closed out the presentation by confirming that Destiny will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Yes!

I hope that this game lives up to the hype they themselves have built up. I always get worried when companies boast about how awesome something is gonna be without actually showing anything of that which is gonna be so awesome.
shev 46

Postby Dalaeck » 17 Feb 2013, 20:19

It's pretty?
Dalaeck 42

Postby FIecher » 17 Feb 2013, 20:44

I'll wait for the 343 remake, you just know then that it's the game it was always meant to be.
FIecher 29

Postby karkify » 17 Feb 2013, 20:49

Sounds interesting. Hopefully they can differentiate it from Halo because as it stands, everything looks and sounds a little bit too Halo-esque. The arrogance is astounding, but I suppose I would be too if I were a part of the team that made Halo.
karkify 50

Postby sta1ny » 17 Feb 2013, 21:23

I hope the travelling between planets is similar to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzDKj3hjOE
sta1ny 26

Postby Currychips » 17 Feb 2013, 21:49

I love how easily the words 'innovative' and 'groundbreaking' are thrown about these days. The creator of the most well known space shooter FPS produces... A space shooter. FPS.

Yes, they really have reinvented the wheel there.
Do you want Chilli on that?
Currychips 48

Xbox Live: Mr Cheesefinger
PSN ID: westypie

Postby Bright-Light » 17 Feb 2013, 22:22

Black Mantis wrote:?...... Plus I'm glad it won't be subscription based.

That is a good thing, though I suspect micro transactions will be prevalent. As it sounds like the game will require a great deal of support if its an mmo. So I will have to wait for more info before I start getting too excited.
Bright-Light 47

Postby tanukilou » 17 Feb 2013, 22:44

Looks good from those slivers but what's all the iphone poop about?
tanukilou 46

Postby thelazyone » 17 Feb 2013, 23:39

karkify wrote:Sounds interesting. Hopefully they can differentiate it from Halo because as it stands, everything looks and sounds a little bit too Halo-esque. The arrogance is astounding, but I suppose I would be too if I were a part of the team that made Halo.

Can you explain their arrogance? because im not seeing it!
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby MRHONGKONGDAVE » 18 Feb 2013, 00:11

thelazyone wrote:
karkify wrote:Sounds interesting. Hopefully they can differentiate it from Halo because as it stands, everything looks and sounds a little bit too Halo-esque. The arrogance is astounding, but I suppose I would be too if I were a part of the team that made Halo.

Can you explain their arrogance? because im not seeing it!

They had a very sarcastic and arrogant tone! Nothing could be bigger than Halo... could it?

Halo started well, after 3 got tired. Reach and 4 were poor. Fingers crossed they have been given enough creative space to develop the game we've all been waiting for.
MRHONGKONGDAVE 35

Xbox Live: MRHONGKONGDAVE
PSN ID: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Steam: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Battle.net: MRHONGKONGDAVE (origin)

Postby thelazyone » 18 Feb 2013, 00:17

MRHONGKONGDAVE wrote:
thelazyone wrote:Can you explain their arrogance? because im not seeing it!

They had a very sarcastic and arrogant tone! Nothing could be bigger than Halo... could it?

Yeah thats a point, didn't see it that way (possibly too excited to see a new game from bungie to notice)

I do think this should have been next gen though.
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby Get Over Here » 18 Feb 2013, 01:42

What a load of pretentious nonsense.

As soon as one of the devs for this said the words 'imagine coming home from school and...' he lost me.

Like a computer game for dummies and the mass market, with Activision looming over its shoulder. There was nothing great about the Halo games so I've no reason to get excited by this.
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Postby Get Over Here » 18 Feb 2013, 01:42

What a load of pretentious nonsense.

As soon as one of the devs for this said the words 'imagine coming home from school and...' he lost me.

Like a computer game for teens, dummies and the mass market, with Activision looming over its shoulder. There was nothing great about the Halo games so I've no reason to get excited by this.
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Next