Last thing you bought and rating

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Last thing you bought and rating

Postby dwhlufc » 30 Jan 2013, 14:22

FishyGinger wrote:
middle finger wrote:Can I have your kidneys after mate?

You'd need to find them first. Soon as it rains and he puts his foot down they'll be lodged in a tree about a mile away. Still, if there's a way to die, screaming as you fly into a tree at 150mph is a good way to go. I'm hoping my death is by polar bear mauling.

Nah if I crash I want the thing I hit to be in more pain than me.

If there's one thing I learnt from videogames, its that no matter how fast you ride a motorbike you'll always be ok when you come off. GTA has real world physics and Niko always seemed to be ok, so I'm taking that as gospel.

Have fun, Jimbo! :P
dwhlufc 76

Postby Samildanach » 30 Jan 2013, 14:44

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:VW/Audi over Vauxhalls all day long mate, much better built motors. I'm buying a new car in next month or two as well, thinking an Audi myself. Not a big family car like you though, just a little Hatch for me.

Family car?! Get the boat!! f**king family car!! I want to get a Scirocco but they're still far too expensive at the moment. I'm not paying over €10,000 on a car for work!
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 30 Jan 2013, 14:49

:lol: They're all family cars to me. I quite like the A4's but I don't see the point in me having a big motor that will cost more in fuel when I've no kids.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Jan 2013, 15:00

Mmmmgrolsch wrote::lol: They're all family cars to me. I quite like the A4's but I don't see the point in me having a big motor that will cost more in fuel when I've no kids.

Then you need to start spawing some minions of your own. It's a bit snouty but I wouldn't mind one of they

Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Samildanach » 30 Jan 2013, 15:08

^^^^Thats a nice looking motor. Not big into Ford cars, but I'd make an exception for that!

@Grolsch, it's a well known FACT, that the size of a mans car equates equally to the size of his genitals! Get yourself a beast lad! :lol:
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby ricflair » 30 Jan 2013, 17:56

That's a Ford? f**king rip off merchants! Give it a decade and the Ford Ka will look like a diddy Countach.

Grolsch - not sure about the projector as had to get some adaptor leads to plug the composite in, so still not tried it and I left all the leads at work yesterday. Went to take VGA lead back to HMV but they're not doing refunds. The receipt warns you - the receipt they give you after they've taken your money and it's too late!! Silly really, should have thought about it. Although funnily enough it looks like £9.99 wasn't bad the official cable compared to online places.

Only thing that worries me is the potential lag, and I'm also not sure about the widescreen settings on it. Think it will just have borders on a 4:3 image, which is fine by me. Obviously it won't look as sharp, but who gives a f**k when you can boom about on Far Cry 3 and Mario Bros on an image the size of a wall!! If it lags, it will just be used for films (it has audio in/outs) and image projections for my lady's art stuff.
Future Plc, you bloody idiots.

RIP CVG. Long live CVGSC!! http://cvgsc.boards.net - http://thewildbunchcvg.wix.com/cvgsc
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby jim2wheels » 30 Jan 2013, 20:21

Samildanach wrote:After 6 years of solid driving, El Muerte has gone to the scrapyard in the sky! :cry: Looking for his replacement now and I'm looking at either an Opel Vectra, Volkswagen Passat or an Audi A4.

Wouldn't go near an A4, mate. I know 3 people who have bought and sold within a year, slow and heavy so I'm told. Juicy too.

VeeDubya all the way.
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 30 Jan 2013, 22:29

VW and Audis are practically the same cars these days though mate. Passats are basically a A4 with mostly cosmetic changes, a lot of the mechanical parts are the exact same.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby shellster2 » 30 Jan 2013, 22:33

Samildanach wrote:After 6 years of solid driving, El Muerte has gone to the scrapyard in the sky! :cry: Looking for his replacement now and I'm looking at either an Opel Vectra, Volkswagen Passat or an Audi A4.

Depends what you want from a car Sam. I'm getting rid of my A1 in a few months and either switching to a new A3 or the 'about to be launched' new Skoda Octavia. Thing is, I love my audi's and as i do a lot of work with them it's best i'm seen in one. The new Octavia is very practical mind and good value for money. I need a bigger car but can't afford a brand new A4 basically.

Personally i wouldn't get a VW as they're pretty boring I reckon (conservative), well not unless you get a Golf R (or older R32). They are very solid, but they're not Audi.

If you were to get an Audi (which i'm almost certain you won't regret) and you don't have kids then perhaps go for something like an A3 2.0TDI (if not the new shape then try and get a 'black edition' to get all the extras), or maybe even an S3 if you want more performance and style. An A4 is pretty big and definitely not as fun to drive. My A1 is f**king brilliant around the country roads. One thing to remember is that Audi's have a firm ride and if you go for an S-line trim and mahooosive wheels you may shatter your teeth! Fun though :lol:

The thing with Audi's is that inside the car really is great with the dash and materials being particularly stand-out for me. I'd get a car with MMI 3 entertainment built in. I've got the media connector kit as well for mp3 and iphone/ipad/ipod connection, plus a couple of SD cards slots which i've got 2 x 32gb to put all my tunes on. It connects well to your phone via bluetooth (iphone in my case). The voice control in the car is pretty accurate although i'm not sure how it would cope with an Irish accent.

I'd say if you can afford an Audi, get an Audi, it will become apparent to you why it might have cost you more than a VW.

Good luck anyway and let us know what you get!
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 68

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby flash501 » 30 Jan 2013, 22:49

You're worse than Stealth with Nintendo, Shelly! :P
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby shellster2 » 30 Jan 2013, 23:00

flash501 wrote:You're worse than Stealth with Nintendo, Shelly! :P

did i mention i'm working on the A3 Sportback launch flash? :lol:

it's been drilled into me, what can i say? Aside from i got new front tyres today so i drove like a right c**t on the way home tonight. awesome!

ahem. Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi. that'll do pig, that'll do.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 68

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby flash501 » 30 Jan 2013, 23:12

shellster2 wrote:
flash501 wrote:You're worse than Stealth with Nintendo, Shelly! :P

did i mention i'm working on the A3 Sportback launch flash? :lol:

it's been drilled into me, what can i say? Aside from i got new front tyres today so i drove like a right c**t on the way home tonight. awesome!

ahem. Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi. that'll do pig, that'll do.

More than likely, somewhere. :mrgreen:
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby neilpfox » 31 Jan 2013, 12:44

Get a Prius! :D
Pika's Back! W00T!
neilpfox 61

Wii Code: 3DS 2836-0155-3079
Steam: neilpfox
Battle.net: neilpfox@hotmail.com

Postby FishyGinger » 31 Jan 2013, 12:48

neilpfox wrote:Get a Prius! :D

Dirty filthy whore :P
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby flyfletch » 02 Feb 2013, 12:11

As this is off topic, i would just like to let you all know that i pre ordered myself the Sony Xperia Z, with free Sony MDR-1R headphones, im well chuffed :) If anyone is looking this phone, get it now so you can get those :)

I know this is well off topic, but just thought i would give anyone a heads up if they wanted this phone! Got mine from O2, you can the same offer from 3, Phones4u and Carphone Warehouse...
flyfletch 72

PreviousNext