to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Reporting posters.

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Reporting posters.

Postby middle finger » 13 Jan 2013, 15:52

Oooohh, another saturday fever it was I see.
middle finger 64

Postby TheLastDodo » 13 Jan 2013, 21:46

Paradaz - UK wrote:There was probably a few people who had multiple tabs open in their browsers, copy/pasting all the latest info and sales charts from the NPD Group, and were quite gutted when it turned into a cheese and fast-food competition.

Don't tease me.

Paradaz - UK wrote:Hardly...there's 18 pages of good debate and discussion in there.

:lol: no there isn't.

"I don't like this, f**k Sony, I'm buying an Xbox next gen."

"If this is gaming next gen then I quit gaming."

"You wouldn't get this in any other industry, especially the car industry."

Then you come in Paradaz

"Actually the car industry deals with second hand market by doing X, Y, Z."

Then someone starts posting charts (usually toaplan) or links that "prove" something or other.

Then you and JOMG start calling gamers spoilt/greedy/selfish/entitled.

Then all that is repeated for the next 17 pages.

Riveting stuff.

As for the Babybel thread, I'll be honest, I wouldn't have shut it down, I'd rather have the silliness if it stops people kicking off at each other as those threads always end up doing, people take those sales stories far too seriously.

Article comments is the most inhospitable part on CVG. I'm fed up with reading the same old crap and bile from the same old posters. Why would anyone new to this CVG want to join in with the typical discussion you get in those PS3 v 360 sales stories? That's why I let the silliness go, it helps that I've had folks tell me that the regular "silly" members of the community are one of the reasons they signed up here because they make the usual boring comments sections worth reading.

When people complain, not just yourself, that's it's gone too far then I'll consider changing my mod style. Actually no I won't. I'll just find another gaming website because this site sucks now, the only thing worth "saving" on this site is the community that generally frequents outside article comments and a select few that do stick to article comments, even you Daz and even JOMG when he behaves himself.

If you don't like it Paradaz then you've got two options: Either become a mod and try to fix this place yourself or just go somewhere else.

Hell I was on my bike until they asked me if I wanted to be a mod :lol:
TheLastDodo 77

Postby shellster2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:03

Butthurt? I have no idea what that is but it sounds most unpleasant. Try becoming a mod yourself then if you think you can improve things, you might just do that.

My only gripe of late about the mod situation when it flared up late last year was that any mod who doesn't frequent the site on a regular basis should step aside and let a regular member do the job. But we've been there and done that topic now.

So why don't you mod the pc section to start with? You seem to know your apples on that subject. But talking of apples, if you were a mod you shouldn't go trolling apple threads!

If you don't try you'll never know.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 67

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby rbt2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:30

Well I just got a pm from a mod....not saying who....telling me that I have been once again reported.
Getting f**king ridiculous now.
Anymore of this and that's me farking c**t.
I mean lot.
X.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby rbt2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:32

Or did I mean c**t?
rbt2 76

Postby rbt2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:32

No it was lot.

As in wadda lot of c**ts.
rbt2 76

Postby Barry316 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:33

You called some thick lad a c**t and said report that then, you silly old sod! You don't tell somebody to report you then get surprised when they do!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby rbt2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:37

Now I don't mind silly and sod, Baz but enough of the old please.
I ain't that f**king old you know!
rbt2 76

Postby shellster2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:39

rbt2 wrote:Well I just got a pm from a mod....not saying who....telling me that I have been once again reported.
I mean lot.
X.

Reported for what? Going behind Leicester in the league? :)
shellster2 67

Postby rbt2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:41

shellster2 wrote:
rbt2 wrote:Well I just got a pm from a mod....not saying who....telling me that I have been once again reported.
I mean lot.
X.

Reported for what? Going behind Leicester in the league? :)

There is more chance of me playing beach volleyball with Stephen Hawking than Leicester finishing above us come May.
:P
rbt2 76

Postby slick loose » 13 Jan 2013, 22:46

Daz a mod? *shudders*

Although he did report a couple of spammers who I banned this morning...so thanks for that!
slick loose 67

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby Barry316 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:49

rbt2 wrote:Now I don't mind silly and sod, Baz but enough of the old please.
I ain't that f**king old you know!

Well reading that thread back where you said it somebody has openly said he reported it.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby shellster2 » 13 Jan 2013, 22:55

@ Slick - it's crazy but it might just work. Stop him whining for a bit anyway :)

@ Royston - I told you we were after you when you were top of the league. Job done, now for Hull and scumbags Cardiff.
shellster2 67

Postby flash501 » 13 Jan 2013, 23:26

Paradaz - UK wrote:
shellster2 wrote:Well if you don't like the forums and the moderation you know what you can do. I'm not having a go Darren but its your choice to keep posting.

Quite. But I'm not the one slagging mods off for closing a thread, or whinging about people trying to stop me having a laugh whilst going off-topic.......I'm simply pointing out it would have been very easy for one mod to sort this out and keep both sides very happy.......yet even with 3 mods involved they managed to make a pigs ear of it and seemingly p**s off both the people who wanted to stay on topic, and the people who wanted to carry on talking b*****ks about Babybel.

It seems Bambis Dad came off worse after simply pointing out the mess and reporting it in the first place so it could be dealt with. It only goes to show how fickle the people are in this place.

You'll notice I didn't post in the locked thread, throw my toys out of the pram when it got locked or call any of the mods an arse for spoiling my fun........hardly an indication of what you're basically describing as butthurt!

I think I posted this before but, why do you continue to post on here, Daz? You obviously dislike all of the regulars, in fact, you seem to dislike absolutely everyone who posts on here. Why? What's the point? If you don't like us then surely the most obvious path of action is to move to another site where you don't have to deal with the same people every day?! It's what I would do! No?!
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby Carbon64 » 13 Jan 2013, 23:27

Oh not all this again ! I thought we'd finally got over this :?

Don't see the point in locking that thread cause it was only going to end badly if it was left alone and in the end we made some great discoveries.

Speaking of which I emptied the celebrations out and found a twix !!! Just the one that was underneath everything else but it was there :lol:
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

PreviousNext