to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The What are you currently playing? thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The What are you currently playing? thread

Postby rbt2 » 30 Dec 2012, 19:30

dwhlufc wrote:There's quite a few games I want, it's just when you add the memory card on top it starts getting out of hand, price wise.

I'm defo buying one at some point, just a later of when the right bundle arrives. I'm actually shocked Sony haven't got an Uncharted or Wipeout bundle out.

I know you and Magnifico know I was only kidding, mate but if I hadn't been left a little bit of money then I wouldn't have bothered.
The price of the mem card is disgusting!
As is the price of the machine and games really.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby gippobeater » 30 Dec 2012, 19:35

I'd hold off getting a Vita until at least E3. Bar Tearaway from Media Molecule and that Killzone game which will no doubt be shat, there's no exclusives coming for it. They'll definitely drop the price at E3, they have to otherwise it's dead in the water. No way you'll ever see another Call Of Duty on it and I highly doubt there'll be another Assassins Creed.

With a price cut, and the crazy deals they are giving with Playstation Plus, it's definitely worth a purchase, even though you'll need at least a 16 gig memory card to take full advantage of all the downloads. I'd just be worried about how much longer it's going to get third party support. I don't mean EA releasing the exact same Fifa game every year either.

Handheld gaming is moving towards phones anyways. When you look at the price of a game on the vita, and look at how many ios games you could get for that, you begin to question Sony's thinking.
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 71

Postby dwhlufc » 30 Dec 2012, 19:42

That's another thing that's been worrying me, gippo - Third party support. It's hardly brilliant now, so what's it going to be like in a years time?

The way Sony have ported alot of the exclusive ps2 catalogue to the ps store makes me think they'll do the same with vita titles if it does die a slow death. I hope it proves otherwise but tablet and mobile gaming will eventually overtake the handheld market without doubt and regardless of what stealth says. :lol:
dwhlufc 76

Postby El Mag » 30 Dec 2012, 20:06

Just wait until Royston's missus finds his and makes him get rid.

Make him a decent offer for the lot then make him clean the pie and mash with parsley liquor residue off and everyone's a winner.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby billysastard » 30 Dec 2012, 20:12

just been playing Dune 2 battle for arakis (pc / megadrive) its been converted to html 5 and can be played for free in your browser http://play-dune.com

tried it on the wii u but sadly its way too big to load into the browsers memory although the homepage works, as soon as you select a house it just hangs on "loading"

still a fun game on the pc though.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby El Mag » 01 Jan 2013, 21:30

Got Bayonetta on the 360 cheap from the CEX link Daedy posted.

I played it on the PS3 first and didn't really like it. But I'm bored and waiting for DmC so I thought I'd try again with a supposedly much better version of it.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby rbt2 » 01 Jan 2013, 21:46

El Mag wrote:Just wait until Royston's missus finds his and makes him get rid.

Make him a decent offer for the lot then make him clean the pie and mash with parsley liquor residue off and everyone's a winner.

Parsley liquor???
Wadda you?
Sum sorta posh fuckah!
Parsley Liquor indeed!
No need for a hiding place as I took the Vita to my mate's at xmas where I got a bit of gaming in but then I had to play cards.
After f**king Jenga!
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby sevvybgoode » 01 Jan 2013, 22:17

I've been playing quite a bit of borderlands 2 with the boy which basically revolves around me chucking my turret down and running off to reivive him. Absolute quality game though and the level scaling means playing coop with your kids they still get the satisfaction of levelling up etc without actually having to be good at the game. I don't seem to get bugger all experience though when playing in coop as my son went from level 16 to nearly 21 in the space of me getting half a level to 28.

I also picked up little big planet on vita from sainsburys for 17.99 and although I didn't like the ps3 games I'm quite impressed so far. It still has the crappy jump physics of the original ps3 titles but it just seems to work a lot better on the vita itself. The touch mechanics seem to suit the exploration and the camer sticker interaction is awesome. If anyone else has it and wants to play coop them add me and I'm more than up for a game...
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby jim2wheels » 02 Jan 2013, 11:16

Started Far Cry 3 the other night. Lives up to the hype doesn't it! I'm really struggling to find a flaw with it, everything just feels top class.

Gonna really enjoy platting this badboy. :D
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby Samildanach » 02 Jan 2013, 12:15

Playing Max Payne 3 at the moment. I'm enjoying it even if it is Max Payne in name only. The shootings good, bullet time never gets old but it just doesn't have the "noir" feel to it the previous games did. Even his internal monologues seem out of place. Still, it's a good game.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby dwhlufc » 02 Jan 2013, 12:32

Samildanach wrote:Playing Max Payne 3 at the moment. I'm enjoying it even if it is Max Payne in name only. The shootings good, bullet time never gets old but it just doesn't have the "noir" feel to it the previous games did. Even his internal monologues seem out of place. Still, it's a good game.
how can you say name only when the gameplay is basically the same as previous games, bloody numptee! :wink:

It's great but when you play the New York missions its really made me wish they'd done the whole game there, in the snow like previous titles. New York looked great (not that brazil didn't) and I'd of loved to have explored it even more.
dwhlufc 76

Postby Samildanach » 02 Jan 2013, 12:57

I know it plays like it, but it doesn't feel like it!! And whats the story with the painkillers?! It automatically takes them when you're nearly dead only to go go into bullet time and don't work until you kill someone!! But you're f**ked if you run out of bullets because you can't reload and have to wait for the bullet time to end before you can restart!! That didn't happen in the others either!! :P
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby flash501 » 02 Jan 2013, 14:19

jim2wheels wrote:Started Far Cry 3 the other night. Lives up to the hype doesn't it! I'm really struggling to find a flaw with it, everything just feels top class.

Gonna really enjoy platting this badboy. :D

Told you so. :P
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby middle finger » 02 Jan 2013, 14:53

I'm trading in my copy of far cry 3 tomorrow after work, I already got a voucher for 50 quid at cex plus some useless ps3 gadgets. That should buy me few games. I wonder if that girl that works there still got a crush on me this year.
middle finger 66

Postby dwhlufc » 02 Jan 2013, 14:57

Samildanach wrote:I know it plays like it, but it doesn't feel like it!! And whats the story with the painkillers?! It automatically takes them when you're nearly dead only to go go into bullet time and don't work until you kill someone!! But you're f**ked if you run out of bullets because you can't reload and have to wait for the bullet time to end before you can restart!! That didn't happen in the others either!! :P

I never ran out bullets once. I've head a few complain about that but if just put that down to being poor at targeting or trigger happy.
dwhlufc 76

PreviousNext