The What are you currently playing? thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The What are you currently playing? thread

Postby dwhlufc » 25 Dec 2012, 01:01

DAEDALUS79 wrote:Been playing pes 13 a bit recently, finding myself become a bit of a convert really. I dont think its technically better than fifa, but having played fifa religiously for the past 6 years or so, im growing very bored with it now. PES just seems really fun and fluid, which is a nice change, of pace. Decided to give the Champions League mode a whirl, its good fun although Im not sure why half the big teams in the CL arent in the CL list, you have to add them manually which is a tad odd. Went all the way to the final with Man Utd, meeting Real Madrid at Wembley for the title. Went 3-1 down, but dragged it back and netted an 85th minute winner to make the score 3-4 and get my name in the history books....or earn a silver trophy anyway.

If you see me on then message if you fancy kicking my arse? :lol:
dwhlufc 76

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 25 Dec 2012, 01:11

dwhlufc wrote:
DAEDALUS79 wrote:Been playing pes 13 a bit recently, finding myself become a bit of a convert really. I dont think its technically better than fifa, but having played fifa religiously for the past 6 years or so, im growing very bored with it now. PES just seems really fun and fluid, which is a nice change, of pace. Decided to give the Champions League mode a whirl, its good fun although Im not sure why half the big teams in the CL arent in the CL list, you have to add them manually which is a tad odd. Went all the way to the final with Man Utd, meeting Real Madrid at Wembley for the title. Went 3-1 down, but dragged it back and netted an 85th minute winner to make the score 3-4 and get my name in the history books....or earn a silver trophy anyway.

If you see me on then message if you fancy kicking my arse? :lol:

Will do. Im not great a pes though, only play on professional difficulty (3rd one I think), so may make for a good game. Fifa on the other hand, Ill viciously sodomise anyone.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby CrispyLog » 25 Dec 2012, 03:51

Just dicked my mate on Sensible Soccer.

Best footy game ever, unless your keeper f**king spoons it from a straight on shot. Dickhead.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 25 Dec 2012, 14:02

Merry Christmas you lot!
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Barry316 » 26 Dec 2012, 18:44

Zone of the Enders 2 HD.

Not liking it so far. The dialogue is Saturday morning cartoon levels of corn, it plays clumsily and it suffers bad slowdown when a lot is going on. Not that you'd know what's really happening in big fights, it's a strain to see so you resort to button mashing and hope it goes well.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby Carbon64 » 27 Dec 2012, 15:37

Played a bit of Most wanted and I'm liking it up till now , the handling gelt a little heavy in the first Porsche you get but after I finished the races for that I found the gallardo and I'm in heaven ! Feels perfect when I'm drifting and reminds me why I like lambo's best in NFS games :D

I haven't played an awful lot of hitman I'm only up to the hotel level so I seems to be getting a little bit more complex ( for lack of a better word ) in terms of level design but I haven't played enough to say how much I like it.

But by far my favourite is Farcry 3 ! I can see why you all where going on about caslon cause I'm loving it :D first things I did was upgrade my weapon holder and ammo pouches so that I'd have some options once i start getting into it. I'm liking the fact that the animals ( by which I'm meaning tigers mostly ) can just run into the middle of a gun fight and starting wreaking havoc :lol: iv been killed twice by one that's done that ! It's one of the few games where I never really feel safe when I'm doing something.

I got doom 3 and Xcom yesterday so I'll play them at some point.........if I can stop playin farcry that is :lol:
Carbon64 57

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby dicky1993 » 27 Dec 2012, 18:39

Best guitar hero to buy?
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby Barry316 » 27 Dec 2012, 18:43

dicky1993 wrote:Best guitar hero to buy?

World Tour.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby dicky1993 » 27 Dec 2012, 23:15

How comes? I want one with lots of songs and just guitar
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby gippobeater » 28 Dec 2012, 00:51

Playing Resi 6 with the new camera options. Have them turned all the way up so the camera is supposed to be as far back as it can go, but it's still the worst camera in a video game that i've played. It gets stuck on walls half the time and randomly zooms in on stuff whilst you're still playing. Started with Jakes campaign and on veteran difficulty, probably a bad move but im doing okay so far.

Aiming is shat too, the little red dot randomly moves around without you doing anything so it's difficult at times to get a headshot. That's of course when the game allows me to have ammo for my weapon, ammo is so scarse in this game, which is dumb seeing as you need to shoot your way past most situations. So i always end up running around judo kicking people.

Also qte's, f**k the qte's in this game. f**k THEM.

Game sucks! :P I shall soldier on though, it's not nearly as bad as the new Resident Evil Movie I watched the other day. Jesus! :shock:
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 72

Postby flash501 » 28 Dec 2012, 01:04

dicky1993 wrote:Best guitar hero to buy?

You should go for 1 of the Rock Band games instead. Far better than Guitar Hero.
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 28 Dec 2012, 01:13

Been playing Minecraft in my tablet, flippin awesome game, really good fun. Playing survival mode and have established a good little base and some supplies.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby rbt2 » 28 Dec 2012, 02:08

Well I was playing jetpack summat or tother on Vita in the small hours at our friends last night....how rude of me, but I have had an actual proper go on ZombiU just now. The small hours are probably the best times for me but what can I say?
Terrific game which I am finally getting the hang of.
I truly am a slow learner....well I ain't a painter for nuffink you know.
This game really is atmospheric. Can't wait to get into it further.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Dec 2012, 09:19

gippobeater wrote:Playing Resi 6 with the new camera options. Have them turned all the way up so the camera is supposed to be as far back as it can go, but it's still the worst camera in a video game that i've played. It gets stuck on walls half the time and randomly zooms in on stuff whilst you're still playing. Started with Jakes campaign and on veteran difficulty, probably a bad move but im doing okay so far.

Aiming is shat too, the little red dot randomly moves around without you doing anything so it's difficult at times to get a headshot. That's of course when the game allows me to have ammo for my weapon, ammo is so scarse in this game, which is dumb seeing as you need to shoot your way past most situations. So i always end up running around judo kicking people.

Also qte's, f**k the qte's in this game. f**k THEM.

Game sucks! :P I shall soldier on though, it's not nearly as bad as the new Resident Evil Movie I watched the other day. Jesus! :shock:

My brother had it for Xmas and asked if I wanted to borrow it on Boxing Day!

Surely it's not that bad? :lol:
dwhlufc 76

Postby billysastard » 28 Dec 2012, 10:34

dwhlufc wrote:My brother had it for Xmas and asked if I wanted to borrow it on Boxing Day!

Surely it's not that bad? :lol:

if you like shooters its not that bad, but if you like survival horror then you are better playing zombi u.

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

PreviousNext