to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Car Insurance

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Car Insurance

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 20 Dec 2012, 11:23

Wrong place to be asking but thought someone might be able to guide me in the right direction.

I need proof of no claims from my previous car insurer for my new car insurance company. The previous insurer just keeps saying they've posted it and that's that yet I haven't received it and they refuse to post it again. My new insurance is going to get cancelled because of this and I'll be charged £100 plus have to wait for up to a month to get a refund on the rest of my policy.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Re: Car Insurance

Postby Samildanach » 20 Dec 2012, 11:29

Is there a brokers office in your town that you could walk into and they'd print it out there and then? They should have sent you a renewal cert a few weeks before your policy was up that would have the information on it aswell. They may be p**sed you jumped ship!!
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 20 Dec 2012, 11:38

I never actually received it mate, all they keep saying is that I'll receive it in a few days. They're fobbing me off and I know they are. I just don't understand why there is nothing out there to protect consumers from this sort of thing happening. Every f**king company is out to rob everyone nowadays, even the company I work for.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Postby shellster2 » 20 Dec 2012, 12:01

ask for a PDF version to be emailed Grolsch then print that out if you have to or email it on to the new company.

or ask for proof of postage. that should make them sweat if they haven't sent it. also check they have your correct address!

the cocksucking insurance company i was with sent me digital documents then when i cancelled their insurance after a few months demanded printed copies in the post. i said to them they f**king emailed them to me so they should print out their own. suffice to say i still had to print them out. insurance companies are shite.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 68

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 20 Dec 2012, 12:14

I already asked for it to be emailed to me but they said they aren't able to do that? I'll ring them again tomorrow and tell them I want to make a complaint if they don't sort anything. Not that they'll give a f**k seeing as they no longer insure with them, its 4years of no claims discount the bunch of wankers!

My new insurer is a internet based insurer so unless I pay them £1.50 a minute to speak over the phone the only contact method is via email so I'll have to wait a few days for a reply, as I've asked them if they'll contact my previous insurer for no claims.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Postby rbt2 » 21 Dec 2012, 21:16

Car insurance is legalised theft, Grolschy boy and you won't win.
Believe me, I've tried.
It's a f**king disgrace!
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 21 Dec 2012, 21:56

Damn right it is mate.

Anyway to update on this, I rang them again today and kicked off then mentioned Financial Ombudsman Service, and told them to fax it to me now whilst on the phone and they did. Bunch of c**ts said they posted it again 2 days ago, before that it was the 14th and before that it was the 1st.
Mmmmgrolsch 75