to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

John Bishop.

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: John Bishop.

Postby middle finger » 13 Dec 2012, 15:08

Bishop is not a comedian, he's a storyteller.
Sasha Baron Cohen>everyone else. Jews are funny as hell.
middle finger 63

Postby flash501 » 13 Dec 2012, 15:08

I loved Billy Connelly back in his heyday. Omid Djallili is pretty good from what little I've seen of him. I like a bit of Rich Hall too.
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby dwhlufc » 14 Dec 2012, 18:53

I reckon your pretty much bang on so far, RBT. Peter Kay was funny the first time, Bishop is ridiculously unfunny and Sarah blah blah is absolute crap.

Personally I find Lee Evans hilarious. Same goes for Jack Dee, I nearly died the once watching him. I was eating a mint and he told this joke about a dog and "BANG" I was choking to death before my dad did that thing where you whack it out by squeezing your stomach!

Ill find a video on YouTube, but its an american and he was performing in Wolverhampton and he absolutely ripped apart a small town called "Bilston". Most of you won't get it but anyone on here from Wolverhampton or close will get it and love it.
dwhlufc 75

Postby JewJitsu » 14 Dec 2012, 18:57

What about Lee Evans? He ain't too bad i've had a good old chuckle thanks to him a few times.

But Andy Parsons from Mock the Weeks can f**k off and die a slow painful death the unfunny c**t. Seriously why the f**k does that t**t think he's funny and god only knows why some other stupid bastard at the BBC keeps on bringing him back.
There's a feeling I get when I look to the west

3DS FC: 1349-5196-6131
JewJitsu 42

Xbox Live: BAE101
PSN ID: GreasedUpThaiBoy
Steam: PtePike

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Dec 2012, 19:19

I like Bill Hicks but I sometimes think me milks his jokes too much. Maybe it's for the american audience I don't know.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby ricflair » 14 Dec 2012, 19:22

Almost every big Bill Hicks fan I know has a superiority complex. At least when it comes to Bill Hicks.

He's ok, I just don't think he's like, you know, so on it n stuff.
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Dec 2012, 19:26

Maybe I've just only seen the wrong material, I mean I wouldn't judge anybody by their performance on Live at the Apollo.

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

Postby flash501 » 14 Dec 2012, 19:26

dwhlufc wrote:I reckon your pretty much bang on so far, RBT. Peter Kay was funny the first time, Bishop is ridiculously unfunny and Sarah blah blah is absolute crap.

Personally I find Lee Evans hilarious. Same goes for Jack Dee, I nearly died the once watching him. I was eating a mint and he told this joke about a dog and "BANG" I was choking to death before my dad did that thing where you whack it out by squeezing your stomach!

Ill find a video on YouTube, but its an american and he was performing in Wolverhampton and he absolutely ripped apart a small town called "Bilston". Most of you won't get it but anyone on here from Wolverhampton or close will get it and love it.

I forgot to mention Jack Dee. Always good for a laugh. Lee Evans is the sweatiest man in the world. You don't see many people sweating through every inch of a suit!
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby rbt2 » 15 Dec 2012, 14:01

I never 'got' Lee Evans.
Love Tim Vine though.
Or did I say that already?
And here is just a small selection of his gems....

I was stealing things in the supermarket today while balanced on the shoulders of vampires. I was charged with shoplifting on three counts.

I bought a train ticket and the driver said "Eurostar" I said "Well I've been on telly but I'm no Dean Martin? Still, at least it's comfortable on Eurostar, it's murder on the Orient Express...

I'm so lazy I've got a smoke alarm with a snooze button.

I bought some Armageddon cheese today, and it said on the packet 'Best Before End...'

So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."

I went into a shop and I said, "Can someone sell me a kettle." The bloke said "Kenwood" I said, "Where is he?"

So I went in to a pet shop. I said, "Can I buy a goldfish?" The guy said, "Do you want an aquarium?" I said, "I don't care what star sign it is."

I was in this restaurant and I asked for something herby. They gave me a Volkswagen with no driver.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Queen Skillage » 15 Dec 2012, 15:03

I don't often watch a lot of comedians, but the standout 3 for me would have to be;

David Strassman

Heath Franklin's Chopper

and Chubby Brown

Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby Barry316 » 15 Dec 2012, 16:26

Queen Skillage wrote:Heath Franklin's Chopper

Absolute filth!

I expected much more from a lady. Wouldn't happen to know any would ya?
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 15 Dec 2012, 16:37

How could I forget Andy Zaltzman and John Oliver. Maybe not for everybody but when 'god' interrupts them about one and a half minutes in it's gold and just gets better. Possibly one of the best double acts in my opinion.

spaceman_DOUG 69

Postby Queen Skillage » 16 Dec 2012, 10:27

Barry316 wrote:
Queen Skillage wrote:Heath Franklin's Chopper

Absolute filth!

I expected much more from a lady. Wouldn't happen to know any would ya?

How very dare you, Baz!

Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby Barry316 » 16 Dec 2012, 10:50

Is that what you say to Heath Franklin's Chopper eh, harden the f**k up? Just disgusting on a family site really, your father shall be notified.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby JewJitsu » 20 Dec 2012, 23:26

rbt2 wrote:I never 'got' Lee Evans.
Love Tim Vine though.
Or did I say that already?
And here is just a small selection of his gems....

I was stealing things in the supermarket today while balanced on the shoulders of vampires. I was charged with shoplifting on three counts.

I bought a train ticket and the driver said "Eurostar" I said "Well I've been on telly but I'm no Dean Martin? Still, at least it's comfortable on Eurostar, it's murder on the Orient Express...

I'm so lazy I've got a smoke alarm with a snooze button.

I bought some Armageddon cheese today, and it said on the packet 'Best Before End...'

So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."

I went into a shop and I said, "Can someone sell me a kettle." The bloke said "Kenwood" I said, "Where is he?"

So I went in to a pet shop. I said, "Can I buy a goldfish?" The guy said, "Do you want an aquarium?" I said, "I don't care what star sign it is."

I was in this restaurant and I asked for something herby. They gave me a Volkswagen with no driver.
Some of my mates love Tim Vine but I just don't get it. How is any of that funny?
There's a feeling I get when I look to the west

3DS FC: 1349-5196-6131
JewJitsu 42

Xbox Live: BAE101
PSN ID: GreasedUpThaiBoy
Steam: PtePike

PreviousNext