Metro: Last Light preview: Slicker, smarter, just as atmosph

Your comments on our articles.

Shadow sneaking and mutant shooting

During a recent eyes-on, hands-off demo, we got to see three different sections of Metro: Last Light's post-apocalyptic take on Moscow, which follows on from the events of previous instalment Metro 2033.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Metro: Last Light preview: Slicker, smarter, just as atmosph

Postby JOHNKARA » 12 Dec 2012, 16:54

This game has got me salivating like a rabid russian hound.

Three things in the preview that are absolute positives and promote the above-mentioned salavation.......

1. "Bulbs can be removed by hand or shot from distance, Splinter Cell style, to make locations darker". This is such a key feature to any game that promotes its stealth credentials. You can actively carve a corridor of darkness - AWESOME

2. "The HUD is minimal and you'll need to read gauges on your weapons and suit rather than relying on more traditional onscreen displays". This will take immersion to a new level. I applaud the Dishonoured developers for providinf the gamers with the flexibility to toggle HUD features, but this game will take it to a new level where the playable character is actually part of the HUD. AWESOME X 2

3. "….though ammo for rarer weapons is scarce" - Now that statement speaks volumes around the need to scrounge for ammo. I am tired of games where ammo is so readily available that allow games to become "too easy" to play and shots are wasted because a truck-load of bullets is available in a store or box all around the player. AWESOME X 10

Now, THQ please release this on schedule. I also realise that you are actively involved with Homefront 2 (which I aim to purchase too), but this game must ship bug free. Please.
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 47

Re: Metro: Last Light preview: Slicker, smarter, just as atm

Postby dicky1993 » 12 Dec 2012, 23:11

This will be a big hitter I'm thinking just like the guy above said please don't make buggy like the first one
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby Imaduck » 13 Dec 2012, 05:40

This game looks like heaven right now.
Imaduck 58

Postby sonic_uk » 13 Dec 2012, 11:42

The (non) hub areas were in the first game too, so no change there, but I did like the short break they provided from the action while you bought new guns and went round talking to the inhabitants. I'm a little dissapointed that you cannot move bodies, but this isn't really a stealth game, more an Fps action adventure so I guess although it has stealth elements you wouldn't be able to do everything you could do in a full stealth game like (the proper original) Splinter Cell games or Mgs.

I'm really looking forward to this. I still have to complete the first one, I'm about 2 3rds of through, but haven't played it for ages. Might fire it up the weekend if I have some time.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby gmcb007 » 13 Dec 2012, 15:27

I absolutely love the universe of Metro. I can't wait to jump back into it.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it