to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Far Cry 3

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Far Cry 3

Postby wishface » 09 Dec 2012, 09:46

TheLastDodo wrote:If you're enjoying a game then you're playing it wrong.

If wishface is reading: What did you think of Res Evil 6?

never played it.
wishface 41

Postby jim2wheels » 09 Dec 2012, 10:06

@Barry

I'm gonna take a punt and say all of them. A long shot I know.

So, who has this on ps3? I think I've only seen Flash on it and he's been blinded by his love for the game. I want an honest appraisal of the finished product in terms of how many bugs there are.
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby flyfletch » 09 Dec 2012, 10:49

jim2wheels wrote:@Barry

I'm gonna take a punt and say all of them. A long shot I know.

So, who has this on ps3? I think I've only seen Flash on it and he's been blinded by his love for the game. I want an honest appraisal of the finished product in terms of how many bugs there are.

So far i havent come across any major bugs, other than fish swimming past the window in my boat or the odd bit of sea disappearing nothing! Not one single game breaking bug! there have been 2 updates and i think they must have solved most problems, though as i say i have never encountered any.

**Edit**

Just remembered, i had one issue where i shot one of the pirates and he was lying on the ground dead so when i went round and cleared out the rest of the pirates in the strong hold it was showing as someone still alive and could see me, so i just went over to where he was lying and shot him again and it work (thankfully) Though from the updates have come through that sees to be resolved.

So if i was you i would get this game, i have been glued to it for over a week now, its one of the best this year and as a fellow gamer i would imagine you would be missing out on something really good. And im sure you dont want that ;)

***Another edit lol***

I just noticed you said PS3.....This is the 360 version, so im not sure if you want to take a punt at it now, but i haven't heard of any PS3 issues though! The reason i buy most multi-plat games on the 360 is because i dont trust PS3 multi-plat games especially after the Skyrim incident, but this seems to be fine.

I have a mate has the PS3 version and he said its fine.
flyfletch 71

Postby jim2wheels » 09 Dec 2012, 12:39

Nice one matey, even though it was for the wrong platform. :lol:

I'm defo gonna get it, it's just a case of when. I bought Skyrim a few months down the line and it was pretty much flawless on the PS3 (180 odd hours) so my experience of it was all positive. I'd like to have the same experience with Far Cry 3 if I can.
jim2wheels 69

Postby Reegeee » 09 Dec 2012, 12:55

I'll be getting this round the turn of the year probably so if you are up for co op when you get it I'm there.

I've not heard about any real bugs apart from daft stuff like screen tearing and Flash's U play palava which I'm sure will be/is fixed.

I like U Play cos you can buy DLC with trophies/achievements. I should have quite a lot saved up from the likes of POP and Ghost Recon. It's a clever way of getting you to buy Ubi games too. Good system.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Dec 2012, 12:58

Aye there's virtually no bugs in the 360 version, only thing I've had is killing someone with a bow & arrows and their body falls over but the arrow is stuck in the air and that's only happened once out of like 60 bow and arrow kills.

I also like UPlay, got me a UPlay exclusive mission and a theme for the XBox dash.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby flash501 » 09 Dec 2012, 13:06

Turns out I couldn't connect to Uplay because the Firewall settings were too high on my router. I changed them and have been able to connect ever since. :oops:

And @ Jim, what the Bleedin hell do you mean "blinded by my love for the game"?! If it was crap, believe me, I would say so. I'd give you a full honest report on how the Ps3 version plays but, frankly, you don't deserve it! :P
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby jim2wheels » 09 Dec 2012, 14:40

flash501 wrote:Turns out I couldn't connect to Uplay because the Firewall settings were too high on my router. I changed them and have been able to connect ever since. :oops:

And @ Jim, what the Bleedin hell do you mean "blinded by my love for the game"?! If it was crap, believe me, I would say so. I'd give you a full honest report on how the Ps3 version plays but, frankly, you don't deserve it! :P

Comon' mate, you've been gushing all over it even though Uplay screwed it up for you! You can't be trusted on this one. :mrgreen:
jim2wheels 69

Postby Reegeee » 09 Dec 2012, 15:25

Plus, Flash thought Rage was the best thing since sliced bread so his opinion is about as trustworthy as mine! :mrgreen:
Reegeee 74

Postby dwhlufc » 09 Dec 2012, 15:55

Reegeee wrote:I'll be getting this round the turn of the year probably so if you are up for co op when you get it I'm there.

I've not heard about any real bugs apart from daft stuff like screen tearing and Flash's U play palava which I'm sure will be/is fixed.

I like U Play cos you can buy DLC with trophies/achievements. I should have quite a lot saved up from the likes of POP and Ghost Recon. It's a clever way of getting you to buy Ubi games too. Good system.

I never knew that was what U-play was all about. I wonder how many points I have?

How do you claim them? Is it in game or online?
dwhlufc 76

Postby flash501 » 09 Dec 2012, 15:57

I was bloody waiting for someone to mention Rage. I didn't think it would be Leisure Suit Larry though! :P

@ Dave, you can access Uplay at any time from the Main Menu of the game.
flash501 79

Postby jim2wheels » 09 Dec 2012, 16:05

I didn't know you could redeem uplay points for dlc. I might go back and complete Driver before I buy FC3...
jim2wheels 69

Postby Reegeee » 09 Dec 2012, 16:13

Yeh it's ace. It's like they don't want to tell anyone about it though, they don't make a big enough deal of it. I reckon it could sway me on a 6 or 7/10 Ubi game easy just so I got points for DLC.

I remember I could've got the future soldier DLC with my points if I wanted but decided to save them.

Oh, and 2-2 Flash!!! :P
Reegeee 74

Postby flash501 » 09 Dec 2012, 16:21

NOT ANYMORE!!!! :mrgreen:
flash501 79

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Dec 2012, 17:13

You can access it in-game, or here or via the smartphone app.

The good thing is it's generally just smaller stuff like one of Far Cry 3's is an exclusive tattoo for the multiplayer portion or themes and wallpapers for your PS3/360.
TheLastDodo 77

PreviousNext