to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

You're the Reviewer: November

Your comments on our articles.

VOTE: Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2... how would you score them?

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

You're the Reviewer: November

Postby StonecoldMC » 03 Dec 2012, 13:19

Skip forward. Skip Forward! SKIP FORWARD!!!

I have a feeling that not all votes counted are by people who have played the aforementioned Games. Fix :lol: !
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Re: You're the Reviewer: November

Postby Oli- » 03 Dec 2012, 13:24

Hmm...this should be interesting...but probably wont be due to people voting for what they haven't played....I've not played half of them ..but those that I have my vote for the number one spot goes to Halo 4.
Oli- 25

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 03 Dec 2012, 13:32

Halo 4 is my game of the month, hell it's my game of the year but I am loving Far Cry 3 right now.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby AndyR » 03 Dec 2012, 13:34

Managed to get Far Cry 3 running beautifully on PC this weekend - it really is a looker.
AndyR
CVG Staff

Postby Gambini » 03 Dec 2012, 13:39

Hitman was disappointing... Some really good standout moments ruined by a ridiculous story, bad pacing and some poor game machanic choices. :( 6/10
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Postby MrPirtniw » 03 Dec 2012, 13:41

Still think this article is a bit pointless due to the sheer quantity of obsessives/haters here at CVG towers, but whatever. I've only played Halo 4 and Hitman from that list- highest marks of course going to Halo. But I'm really keen to get my hands on Farcry next- I haven't been following it because I found Farcry 2 massively boring but a few of my mates as well as seemingly everyone here is hailing it's awesomeness so I can't shun it any longer.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby budge » 03 Dec 2012, 13:50

Is Lego LOTR really that average? I've only played the demo but I really liked it. :(
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby richomack360 » 03 Dec 2012, 14:16

MrPirtniw wrote:Still think this article is a bit pointless due to the sheer quantity of obsessives/haters here at CVG towers,

Haters gonna hate.....

I only rated nintendoland and Halo 4 - Ninty Land is utter shambles and Halo 4 was below par
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 03 Dec 2012, 14:19

I can only comment on Hitman and Black Ops which are both brilliant imo, 8/10 and 9/10 respectively. Not a Halo fan but my mates say it is epic and ~FarCry has got some darn good reviews so will pick it up at some point.

KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby HelloLadies » 03 Dec 2012, 14:42

Gambini wrote:Hitman was disappointing... Some really good standout moments ruined by a ridiculous story, bad pacing and some poor game machanic choices. :( 6/10

Wow that's being generous. Totally agree with the points you have made though. Would be interesting to see how it scored had it not carried the Hitman title and main character. As soon as I finished Absolution I went and played Blood Money to cleanse myself.
HelloLadies 50

Postby rbt2 » 03 Dec 2012, 14:50

You're the reviewer: November......
Well it was a good munf really.
During this munf we had 2 weeks in Florida and loved it.
I am all brown and tanned and lovely....the old woman is brown and tanned but far from f**king lovely.
Horribly browned and tanned is one way to describe her.
Or just f**king horrible.
That's another way.....oh you meant game wise.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby sulli456 » 03 Dec 2012, 15:02

HelloLadies wrote:
Gambini wrote:Hitman was disappointing... Some really good standout moments ruined by a ridiculous story, bad pacing and some poor game machanic choices. :( 6/10

Wow that's being generous. Totally agree with the points you have made though. Would be interesting to see how it scored had it not carried the Hitman title and main character. As soon as I finished Absolution I went and played Blood Money to cleanse myself.

It probably wouldn't have done as bad as it has, as it would be a different game. People are just sore because it isn't Blood Money, and it isn't meant to be. People have gone in expecting blood money but when it turns out to have changed people aren't happy.

I think it is a fantastic game and i don't understand the hate. The levels aren't as open as blood money, but that can't be helped, look at the amount of AI that are in the game, and they aren't dosey AI they are all individual. and then the detail in each environment, you can't get the detail and the AI without sacrificing something, current gen doesn't have the capabilities. In my opinion the way they have put it together is great.

There are problems with disguises, such as a full face covering disguise you can still be seen, or with your back turned they still know and from long distances, but it has a realistic touch. Smaller groups would know each other, but when you have a large group with lots of different people spread throughout the world, Cops, chefs then they shouldn't be so suspicious.

Personally i think it is great, could do with more actual assassination missions, and less avoid so and so but i think the story is good and you are working towards something and it isn't always going to be here is a target kill him/her, he is on his own.
sulli456 47

Postby El Mag » 03 Dec 2012, 15:05

rbt2 wrote:You're the reviewer: November......
I am all brown and tanned and lovely....the old woman is brown and tanned but far from f**king lovely.

Well I went to see my mum yesterday but it wasn't very nice at all. I walked in and she started laughing and said "You can shave that fooking stupid tache of now, Movember is finished you tit!"

I had to look up what Movember actually was on my phone quickly and play along.

Then left upset and needing to find the receipt to the comb I bought especially for it.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby rbt2 » 03 Dec 2012, 15:08

El Mag wrote:
rbt2 wrote:You're the reviewer: November......

Well I went to see my mum yesterday but it wasn't very nice at all. I walked in and she started laughing and said "You can shave that fooking stupid tache of now, Movember is finished you tit!"

I had to look up what Movember actually was on my phone quickly and play along.

Then left upset and needing to find the receipt to the comb I bought especially for it.

Well I went for this 'Movember' lark, Magnifico but the old woman raised more money than me!
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby goggy » 03 Dec 2012, 15:22

Loving Nintendoland, zombi u and Mario atm.

Can't be arsed to play any more 1st/3rd person shooters, and if i did, i would play them on my PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Next