to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dishonored DLC gets release date, new screens

Your comments on our articles.

Dunwall City Trials out December 11 on all formats

Dishonored's Dunwall City Trials DLC will release on December 11 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, Bethesda's announced. See new screens below.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Dishonored DLC gets release date, new screens

Postby rubblemaker » 27 Nov 2012, 20:42

Anyone else think this game wasn't all the media cracked it up to be? Extremely short, bland brown colour palette, dumb ai, massive let down ending and really very little desire to replay it. That was my experience anyway so I'll give dlc a miss.

I get the medias desire to promote a new ip but I thought it was a 6/10 game rather than the 9/10 all the rabid reviewers claimed it was. Meh.
rubblemaker 42

Re: Dishonored DLC gets release date, new screens

Postby Smelly Cheese » 27 Nov 2012, 21:51

rubblemaker wrote:Anyone else think this game wasn't all the media cracked it up to be? Extremely short, bland brown colour palette, dumb ai, massive let down ending and really very little desire to replay it. That was my experience anyway so I'll give dlc a miss.

I get the medias desire to promote a new ip but I thought it was a 6/10 game rather than the 9/10 all the rabid reviewers claimed it was. Meh.

I couldn't disagree more. I loved it. Im on my 3rd play through right now and seeing new things for the first time! I get what you mean about the AI but on the hardest setting it is a different beast. Shame this dlc is only a challenge mode though. They really could have expanded on the story shivering isles style
Smelly Cheese 49

Postby IbanezLewis » 27 Nov 2012, 22:12

Nah I loved it. Brilliant game. Will be getting this DLC asap.
IbanezLewis 55

Postby Jimmy Luxury » 27 Nov 2012, 22:36

God I love this game. Love it. I can't wait until I'm brilliant at it. Deus EX HR took 2 playthroughs for me to really get to grips with, by the time I had, the second playthrough was way fun. By the time I have finished this, I'll probably find my second playthrough even better, just having a hard time skipping over the keys (I bought the PC version after a lifetime of console games). As for story DLC, that is the only type of DLC I care about. Story-driven games like Deus EX had fantastic DLC in the form of The Missing Link, I imagine this one will be no different. I can see so much HL2 in the graphical style it's scary.
Bring back Super Skidmarks. Cow racing FTW.
Jimmy Luxury 47

Postby rossva » 28 Nov 2012, 07:17

rubblemaker wrote:Anyone else think this game wasn't all the media cracked it up to be? Extremely short, bland brown colour palette, dumb ai, massive let down ending and really very little desire to replay it. That was my experience anyway so I'll give dlc a miss.

abso-bloody-lutely. I honestly thought I was alone in this!
rossva 25

Postby qSPARTANp » 28 Nov 2012, 13:41

Have to disagree with Rubblemaker, I thought the game was quite big, but I was playing it as stealthy as possible. As for the palette, yes a bit brown and "low res" in some areas, but I thought it was a beautifully, artistically designed world. The sequel will need to tweak the AI here and there and hopefully it will be next gen so that the artists can really go to town in the style they have created!

AS FOR DLC: sounds a bit s**t to me, I think this really could have been on the disc or a free download. Still if you want to be sad and pay for it go ahead, I am not going to fuel shite like this.
qSPARTANp 48

Postby rubblemaker » 28 Nov 2012, 14:22

qSPARTANp wrote:Have to disagree with Rubblemaker, I thought the game was quite big, but I was playing it as stealthy as possible.

I didn't say it wasn't big, I said it was short, there's a difference. I too was playing it stealthily, barely ever shot or stabbed anyone as I wanted the good ending. Plus I explored every nook and cranny to try and get all the bone charms. It was just too easy to stealth throttle everyone zooming through levels without many hiccups as the ai is very oblivious. Quick blink, crouch walk behind em, hit Y. Rinse and repeat very rarely ever being seen. It all works nicely, just didn't present much of a challenge. The extra longevity involved in frequently dying in firefights probably would have actually lengthened the game for me.

Thought it started strong with a lot of promise of variety that failed to materialise and after the 3rd level quickly became very mediocre and samey.
rubblemaker 42