to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The last game you completed, and rating.

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The last game you completed, and rating.

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 18 Nov 2012, 23:42

Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby dicky1993 » 19 Nov 2012, 00:24

i swear for the past few months you been banging on about how you won't get COD , or is that some other game ? (dodo)

also fable 2

6.8/10

because the side missions are s**t boring and only really appear after the main story is done, my dog died and i'm f**ked off because i chose the greedy option at the end. there is no point in money really apart from buying houses which has no point

3 is coming through the post soon
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby TheLastDodo » 19 Nov 2012, 00:33

@dicky

The multiplayer is as polarising as ever but I do love me a CoD campaign.

Dunno how long I'll keep it though, I just prefer playing against the Halo community.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby CrispyLog » 19 Nov 2012, 01:09

dicky1993 wrote:i swear for the past few months you been banging on about how you won't get COD , or is that some other game ? (dodo)

also fable 2

6.8/10

because the side missions are s**t boring and only really appear after the main story is done, my dog died and i'm f**ked off because i chose the greedy option at the end. there is no point in money really apart from buying houses which has no point

3 is coming through the post soon

I learnt a bit about myself in that. I was a good guy all through, helping people in quests, good deeds, took care of my wife and gave plenty of attention to my child. Then at the end I made the ultimate sacrifice as a hero, so after the credits rolled I went to my empty house then walked on my own to a statue the people had made of me, then just snapped and went on a killing spree. I saved them all but the cost was too much and broke me, sort of like how at the end of LoTR Frodo leaves the Shire .

3 is dogshit though, and if you only gave Fable 2 a 6.8 then you'll probably hate 3.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 75

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Nov 2012, 12:04

I really liked 2. It had problems but was quite a charming game. 3 was worse though.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby Reegeee » 19 Nov 2012, 16:54

I've got 3 knocking around and still haven't started it. I loved 2 until the end where it just went wrong IMO, though I never knew about the side quests after the end so maybe I should go back.

Black Ops 2 - 9/10

It probably doesn't deserve a 9 for all its faults but I just really loved it.

+Great story. Takes a while to get going and is a bit all over the place at first, but it's the best story there has been in a COD game IMO.
+Menendez is a great villian. He's as memorable as Andrew Ryan IMO and that is a f**king bold statement.
+It's COD so you know the combat is smooth and there's loads of exciting set pieces.
+On the whole Treyarch have finally matched IW in terms of offering a proper single player campaign. If I never knew I would honestly think this was an Infinity Ward game.
+Fantastic replay value with the different decisions you can make and how certain results in missions changes the story. Also all the unlockables and the ability to change load and perks etc makes the game much more re playable than previous entries in the series.
+Multiplayer makes a proper return after the disaster of MW3
+Zombies is improved and has an easy mode so you can just f**k about on it in single player without getting raped. That's really important IMO cos before I could never be arsed learning what to do or where to go cos it was too hard.
+If you liked the previous COD games you will love it...

-..If you didn't it won't change your mind
-The strike force missions are at best a mixed bag in terms of quality and for the most part aren't well executed.
-COD gameplay on the whole is cheap and I can imagine this game being very frustrating on the higher difficulties.
-They still didn't quite match IW in terms of characters. There's no Soap or Price here. Mason is your ultra generic American action hero and his commanding officer reminded me of the 'Black' guy Robert Downey Jnr plays in Tropic Thunder :lol: Pure blaxploitation. I ended up not minding Harper though even though I hated him at the start, and of course Menendez is class. Too many Americans though overall.
Last edited by Reegeee on 19 Nov 2012, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby TheLastDodo » 19 Nov 2012, 17:22

There's a drinking game to be had from how many times that guy says cocksucker(s) :lol:.

I liked Woods a lot more in Blops 2 and his son, Harper, had some moments too.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby CrispyLog » 19 Nov 2012, 17:32

Don't play that drinking game whilst watching Deadwood, you'll only make it half way through the first episode.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 75

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby Queen Skillage » 19 Nov 2012, 18:02

TheLastDodo wrote:There's a drinking game to be had from how many times that guy says cocksucker(s) :lol:.

Comment plunderer!

El Mag wrote:New drinking game - down a shot of tequila every time the Candyman says cocksucker.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=140922&start=180
Queen Skillage 64
Global Moderator

Postby Reegeee » 19 Nov 2012, 18:10

Oh yeh another thing about BLOPS 2, what the f**k was that last scene about at the end? :lol: I never expected that.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby TheLastDodo » 19 Nov 2012, 21:50

Queen Skillage wrote:
TheLastDodo wrote:There's a drinking game to be had from how many times that guy says cocksucker(s) :lol:.

Comment plunderer!

El Mag wrote:New drinking game - down a shot of tequila every time the Candyman says cocksucker.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=140922&start=180

:shock:

I've never seen Candyman, I've never seen that message and I've never had sexual relations with that woman.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby El Mag » 19 Nov 2012, 22:17

It did start getting a bit "Surely he's not gonna say it anymore, he's got to know some other words....oh, nope, there it is again" by the end didn't it.

I regret just shooting him in the leg.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 19 Nov 2012, 22:28

I shot him in the face, right in the cocksucker
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby Multiplayerking » 19 Nov 2012, 23:10

He wouldn't survive very long on CVG, would he?

The poof!
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 20 Nov 2012, 05:25

I really didn't understand his disdain for those who perform fellatio, some kind of terrible childhood experience maybe.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

PreviousNext