to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hitman Absolution review round-up: Hit and miss scores for s

Your comments on our articles.

All the review scores in one place...

Hitman Absolution reviews have gone live across the gaming press, and as always we've rounded them up in one big list.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hitman Absolution review round-up: Hit and miss scores for s

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 19 Nov 2012, 10:11

If you're a die hard Hitman fan then I suggest playing it at the hardest difficulty and not think about the last games. Come at it as it's own game and don't get hyped up and you can enjoy it. If you go into it thinking about Blood Money and thinking it's like that but immensely better you might be pretty disappointed. The choice to play the game as a challenge may be there but it's evident it's been pretty dumbed down for those casual players.

IO are definitely going to divide opinion on this game, even from those who aren't playing it as simpletons.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Re: Hitman Absolution review round-up: Hit and miss scores f

Postby EvilWaterman » 19 Nov 2012, 10:29

Just goes to show that we should never trust a review and to go with your own gut feeling
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 54

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby ensabahnur » 19 Nov 2012, 12:15

Loving it so far, if anyone saw the Hope level demo i'm a few past that and totally gripped. The contracts mode is brilliant as well.
It does feel quite a bit easier than previous Hitman games but that might actually be down to polish now and the fact that you no longer creep up behind people only to miss with your garrotte and have them turn around and notice you. I'm currently playing on normal but will be going through it on one of the professional difficulties straight after.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby luttman23 » 19 Nov 2012, 16:07

After reading a lot of reviews for this game I've decided to cancel my pre-order. I was looking forward to a hitman game, not... not this. I loved Blood Money, I can't bring myself to play a game that p¡sses on the memory of that.

That's my opinion, if you disagree that's great. Free speech is awesome isn't it? So if you were planning on calling me a dick for not having the same opinions as you, I don't care, it's not going to change my mind. If you enjoy it, good for you. Just thought I'd add this as for some unknown reason a few people have taken offense to my personal view on other sites.
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories. -Polybius
luttman23 46

Xbox Live: Xen Withanex
PSN ID: luttman23
Steam: luttman23

Postby dwhlufc » 19 Nov 2012, 16:43

ensabahnur wrote:Loving it so far, if anyone saw the Hope level demo i'm a few past that and totally gripped. The contracts mode is brilliant as well.
It does feel quite a bit easier than previous Hitman games but that might actually be down to polish now and the fact that you no longer creep up behind people only to miss with your garrotte and have them turn around and notice you. I'm currently playing on normal but will be going through it on one of the professional difficulties straight after.

This. :D
dwhlufc 76

Postby wwinterj » 19 Nov 2012, 19:06

Videogamer fail to realise there is more than one way to do almost every mission. I'm about half way through and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I very much look forward to going back and completing the challenges while also making my own contracts. I'll give the game a solid 7/10 myself. It's good in my opinion.
wwinterj 50

Xbox Live: wwinterj
PSN ID: wwinterj

Postby l1nc » 19 Nov 2012, 19:07

I have been playing it since friday and love every bit of it. Most of the reviews are good but to be honest this time of the year reviews mean jack. Too many quality games flooding the market mean that good games sit in the shadows of excellent games.
Ol skool from speccy to ps3
l1nc 41

Xbox Live: l1nc
PSN ID: l1nctendo

Postby m4v3r1cK89 » 19 Nov 2012, 20:06

I just had a look at a few videos on the Gamespot TV app, including the video review... whoever's playing it is seriously bad at the game :?

If that was the reviewer himself, it's no wonder he gave it the score he did - it looks like he just didn't know how to play it!

There's another video titled "The Amateur Approach", as if the others were decent in some way. They all seemed godawful to me, really.

Maybe it was actually Conan in disguise:

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-game ... absolution
m4v3r1cK89 19

Xbox Live: LumpyCustard123

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 19 Nov 2012, 21:13

To be honest I was hoping for this game to get average of around 9 on the meta score. I know the reviews tend to be biased some times and the best way to find out is to play it yourself. But I when AC 3 came out and it started receiving some not so impressive reviews similar to this game, I decided to disregard that and get the game anyway, but left dissapointed with lack of much effort and polishing that came from developers. However with that said, I never played Hitman series(I know I should have, but I was a kid without a job), so maybe my approach for this game would be different. I still want to play this game, the question is: do I pay full game price($60) when it releases or do I wait for it to come down to like $30/40?!
Last edited by 1Nightmare1 on 19 Nov 2012, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
1Nightmare1 52

Postby dwhlufc » 19 Nov 2012, 21:23

Mate, its £32 most places and even £32 in-store at HMV.
dwhlufc 76

Postby nocturnal » 19 Nov 2012, 21:26

maybe I am playing a different game to the reviewers?

So far I played for about 8 hours and I gather that I all but complete it... it's about a 5/10 for me. Feels like a slightly more polished version of Splinter Cell Conviction (especially the blatantly inspired multi-onebuttonkill thing).

Maybe I'm being elitist, but all of the gameplay elements that are new are just copy pasted from other games (some of them pretty shamelessly....)

Story is pretty much non-existent. I could care less about the main character and have no real idea what is going on. It's just another 'AAA' title that I will finish in an evening and shelf it for a few years before it ends up on eBay. Thus is my gaming life right now.
nocturnal 24

Postby woodins » 19 Nov 2012, 21:37

Wait until it comes down to the £25 mark and you want a nostalgic trip down hitman road. I've played up to getting inside the weapons factory, and I'm just . . . .bored. Was a real fan of the originals on PC and this is more of the same with the instinct mechanic tagged on - you can really tell consoles are holding back level development (played on 360 mucho slow down on the populated china town segments) by how small and cramped everything is .I couldn't put Dishonored down until I had clocked it, but with this I'm pretty apathetic either way. I've done all the funny/sneaky kills along the way. Said hello to Kane and Lynch. I havent finished it, and I'm not sure I want to. Maybe its me. I've gone past 30, maybe this sort of thing doesn't appeal anymore. Worth a rent.
Paracetamol will not bring back a dead hooker. Trust me.
woodins 36

Postby woodins » 19 Nov 2012, 21:39

nocturnal wrote:maybe I am playing a different game to the reviewers?

So far I played for about 8 hours and I gather that I all but complete it... it's about a 5/10 for me. Feels like a slightly more polished version of Splinter Cell Conviction (especially the blatantly inspired multi-onebuttonkill thing).

Maybe I'm being elitist, but all of the gameplay elements that are new are just copy pasted from other games (some of them pretty shamelessly....)

Story is pretty much non-existent. I could care less about the main character and have no real idea what is going on. It's just another 'AAA' title that I will finish in an evening and shelf it for a few years before it ends up on eBay. Thus is my gaming life right now.

Sound as depressed as I am with the state of gaming right now lol. Been hankering for a new PC rig and thats only for the new Total War coming out.
Paracetamol will not bring back a dead hooker. Trust me.
woodins 36

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 19 Nov 2012, 22:06

dwhlufc wrote:Mate, its £32 most places and even £32 in-store at HMV.

I forgot to mention that I live in US, it's 60 dollars for a new game here, not counting taxes which can make it close to 64.
1Nightmare1 52

Postby dwhlufc » 19 Nov 2012, 22:07

1Nightmare1 wrote:
dwhlufc wrote:Mate, its £32 most places and even £32 in-store at HMV.

I forgot to mention that I live in US, it's 60 dollars for a new game here, not counting taxes which can make it close to 64.

Sorry, mate. I suppose we've gotten lucky over her then. :D
dwhlufc 76

Next