to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hitman Absolution review: Vintage 47, successfully remixed

Your comments on our articles.

Not all ideas work, but it's definitely Hitman

During Hitman Absolution we shot, stabbed, poisoned, crushed, electrocuted, defenestrated, strangled, immolated, impaled, bludgeoned, exploded, drilled, chopped and sniped the comically evil characters that populate the game. The 'tragic accidents' that killed some of them? Yeah, that was us too.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hitman Absolution review: Vintage 47, successfully remixed

Postby azz72 » 18 Nov 2012, 14:17

Got mine yesterday thanks to ShopTo and I love it,it's everything you'd expect from a Hitman game.
Currently Playing
Xbox One:,Forza 5,Madden 25,PvZ,Titanfall
Xbox 360:GTA V
PS3:Uncharted 2
WiiU:WW HD,DK
PC:Asseto corsa,MXGP
3DS:Pokemon Y
azz72 50

Xbox Live: timson72

Re: Hitman Absolution review: Vintage 47, successfully remix

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 18 Nov 2012, 14:25

Shopto also successfully delivered mine yesterday, having finished Blops 2 yesterday this will be given a whirl today!
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby luttman23 » 18 Nov 2012, 14:32

Doesn't sound like a Hitman game to me. Blood Money was brilliant and one of my favourite games ever, this Absolution game seems like it's been made by people who haven't even played the previous Hitman games. I suggest everyone who has ever played a Hitman game reads the review on PC Gamers website before you waste your cash.
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories. -Polybius
luttman23 46

Xbox Live: Xen Withanex
PSN ID: luttman23
Steam: luttman23

Postby mch2011uk » 18 Nov 2012, 14:39

azz72 wrote:Got mine yesterday thanks to ShopTo and I love it,it's everything you'd expect from a Hitman game.

so did i mate and its a brilliant game, did your free 30 days psn plus code work?
mch2011uk 26

Postby JD_Method » 18 Nov 2012, 14:47

I also got mine from ShopTo yesterday, but Steam won't even let me install it until Tuesday.

This bullshit has to stop. It's infuriating.
For when you're sick of watching quality videos, check out my selection of half-arsed, on-the-s**t-side videos on YouTube: GameCheeseHD
JD_Method 58

Postby Stryker89 » 18 Nov 2012, 15:01

luttman23 wrote:Doesn't sound like a Hitman game to me. Blood Money was brilliant and one of my favourite games ever, this Absolution game seems like it's been made by people who haven't even played the previous Hitman games. I suggest everyone who has ever played a Hitman game reads the review on PC Gamers website before you waste your cash.

Right... So based on one disappointing review, we should completely disregard all the positive ones?
Stryker89 59

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby dwhlufc » 18 Nov 2012, 15:05

:lol: I stopped reading when he said it seems like its not made by the people who made Blood Money!

It's fantastic and this best Hitman game to date, IMO.
dwhlufc 75

Postby azz72 » 18 Nov 2012, 15:08

mch2011uk wrote:
azz72 wrote:Got mine yesterday thanks to ShopTo and I love it,it's everything you'd expect from a Hitman game.

so did i mate and its a brilliant game, did your free 30 days psn plus code work?

Mines on 360 mate.
Currently Playing
Xbox One:,Forza 5,Madden 25,PvZ,Titanfall
Xbox 360:GTA V
PS3:Uncharted 2
WiiU:WW HD,DK
PC:Asseto corsa,MXGP
3DS:Pokemon Y
azz72 50

Xbox Live: timson72

Postby JOHNKARA » 18 Nov 2012, 16:57

Without looking at the review score, the actual review reads like a 7.5 as opposed to a 9.0

Happy at the score though and the readers' comments that are currently playing the game :lol:

Getting my copy on Tuesday - will play this through at the hardest setting, and with ultimate patience. Every nook, corner and crevice will be explored, and will aim for a "zero-gun" playthrough.
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 46

Postby Dewin » 18 Nov 2012, 17:02

After the whole Wainwright/eurogamer debacle i'm not touching this game, or any SE game, for the time being. I don't like how SE 'advertise'. I'll get this one once its cheap. ;)
Dewin 49

Postby sulli456 » 18 Nov 2012, 18:18

JD_Method wrote:I also got mine from ShopTo yesterday, but Steam won't even let me install it until Tuesday.

This bullshit has to stop. It's infuriating.

I have had mine on my steam list since it was first given pre order, now i have to sit here with it pre-loaded waiting to play while the console gamers who pre-ordered getting theirs early get to play. It is certainly infuriating. One of my main gripes with PC gaming and Steam, I don't see why we have more restrictions than they do, discrimination i say.

But i remain happy that it is getting a worldwide release date, and on all platforms at once, I don't see why this can't be the rule, but that is another debate for another time.
sulli456 47

Postby JD_Method » 18 Nov 2012, 19:04

sulli456 wrote:I have had mine on my steam list since it was first given pre order, now i have to sit here with it pre-loaded waiting to play while the console gamers who pre-ordered getting theirs early get to play. It is certainly infuriating. One of my main gripes with PC gaming and Steam, I don't see why we have more restrictions than they do, discrimination i say.

But i remain happy that it is getting a worldwide release date, and on all platforms at once, I don't see why this can't be the rule, but that is another debate for another time.

Exactly, if I'd bought this on PS3 or 360 I'd have been playing it yesterday.

What's most annoying for me is that I have a boxed copy. I have the damn discs with the game on, but I can't play it. The discs are actually redundant now since I've pre-loaded through Steam (which you can't do with the discs) and it'll unlock itself on Tuesday.

It's sad that I can't play I game I've bought and have in my possession until I'm allowed to. What next? How many more restrictions will be in place next gen? How much more control will publishers have over the products I've bought and own in the future?
For when you're sick of watching quality videos, check out my selection of half-arsed, on-the-s**t-side videos on YouTube: GameCheeseHD
JD_Method 58

Postby m4v3r1cK89 » 18 Nov 2012, 19:17

luttman23 wrote:I suggest everyone who has ever played a Hitman game reads the review on PC Gamers website before you waste your cash.

... and then maybe check out the same reviewer's opinion on Max Payne 3 - he figured it warranted a score of 55% :shock:

I'd take his score with a pinch of salt, if I were you.

At any rate, I'd consider the more linear levels to be a necessary evil - if a tighter, more focused story is to be told, then a sandbox environment probably isn't the best way to do that. Besides, it sounds like these are filler missions - however fun they may be - that may lead into the sort of open-ended missions that made this series truly great.

I've mine pre-ordered and paid for. I'm picking it up Tuesday and, from what I've seen and read, I won't be disappointed.
m4v3r1cK89 19

Xbox Live: LumpyCustard123

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 18 Nov 2012, 19:46

Sweeet! Puchase confirmed, those hoping for a carbon copy of blood money are perhaps best playing blood money non?
KK-Headcharge78 61

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby toaplan » 18 Nov 2012, 19:53

JOHNKARA wrote:Without looking at the review score, the actual review reads like a 7.5 as opposed to a 9.0

I thought so too. But I guess they had to give it a high score, as it turned out to be actually "more fun to play than (the 9,5 rated) Dishonored."
toaplan 73

Next