to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The last game you completed, and rating.

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The last game you completed, and rating.

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 14 Nov 2012, 17:15

dwhlufc wrote:You know hitmans going to be boring before you've even tried it?

It's Hitman. Again. How different can it be? You're an assassin that kills people in a selection of different ways. Some quietly, others not so.

Sounds like you go into these games with your mind already made up.

As you're always so quick to point out to just about everyone "it's just an opinion" and it is my opinion that the games industry has become one big borefest churning out the same old, tired games over and over and over and over again.

"It's new and different! It really is, honest!"

No. No it isn't. Stop lying to yourselves. You'll be playing the same games 10, 20, 30 years from now the way it's going.

Such a pity that today's gamers are content to keep playing the same thing over and again thus continuing this downward spiral of utter tedium that makes up the video game industry today.

Yep, after some 30+ years I'm hanging up the joy pad. In the past week what I haven't sold I've given away to charity. The PS3 is the last thing to go, and that's being sold this weekend to a work colleague.

Well it's been fun, well the latter part not so much, but there it is.

Cheery-bye. 8)

stealth wrote:I post facts...
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby FishyGinger » 14 Nov 2012, 17:30

Well bully for you.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby StonecoldMC » 14 Nov 2012, 18:09

If you don't enjoy it, then whats the point? You might as well sell all your gear.

Ive been playing Games for over 20 years and I get more excited about the Games coming the following year more and more.

Next year has some Belters :D !
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby ricflair » 14 Nov 2012, 18:23

I do agree that gaming, at least the AAA stuff, seems stuck in a bit of a movie inspired rut - I just think gameplay and especially controls, have taken too much of a back seat to 'action' and s**tty stories. But then there is so much out, even if you don't like them all, there's still quite a bit to play and stuff that still plays well.

As much as I criticise a lot of uninspired devs, if we were to only see original games, we'd only get a handful released each year. Plus the dev costs (didn't Epic say double the costs for the next gen?) mean risks are even bigger - so playing it safe snowballs, sequels become more popular, loads of gamers just want the next CoD etc etc.

If the AAA console games aren't floating your boat, there's loads of interesting PC indie games to try out too. But yeah, if you don't enjoy it, just stop doing it - that generally applies to everything!
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby dwhlufc » 14 Nov 2012, 18:30

@justonemorego, if your still here I'm not having a pop. All I'm saying is how can you judge a game you haven't played yet or as you put it if you know it's the same formula and its boring then why would you play it? You said nothing's changed so why bother with the latest installment?

Also, your the one who has a problem with people opinions, I've seen your condescending and patronizing comments to others all over the site, all because their opinion differs from yours.
dwhlufc 76

Postby flash501 » 14 Nov 2012, 18:53

FishyGinger wrote:It does sound like you're purposefully looking to not enjoy games. Have a nice cup of tea and a foxes biscooit and try something else.

What the hell is up with the way he pronounces biscuit in that ad?
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby Multiplayerking » 14 Nov 2012, 19:04

Because he's pronouncing 'biscuit' exactly as it's spelt!

spaceman_DOUG wrote:Unimaginative, boring and broken. Neither fun nor impressing. Offensively unfinished.

Ideal's review is great, I hadn't even considered how messed up the 'optional' objectives were.

One more thing I'd like to ask is: what did people think of the crafting and trading?
Is it me or are about eighty percent of the things you can stockpile useless?
Why do I have to scroll through the useless junk I can make and what I've already crafted to get to the next thing I want to craft?
Why can't I fill my caravans and ships with my most expensive item then send them all to the same place with a few button presses instead of having to select the same item and same trader for each of the fifty slots I have in total on my caravans and ships?
Why couldn't they just put only the things Connor can use in the crafting menu and just up your income/hour every time you do a homestead mission?

Another thing it's missing is some nice background music when you're running through the frontier.
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby theideal » 14 Nov 2012, 19:58

Multiplayerking wrote:Another thing it's missing is some nice background music when you're running through the frontier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAVN_n0PljQ

Are we still not able to embed Youtube videos on here yet?
What is this, 1992?
Just in case this place goes down suddenly, bookmark...
http://cvgsc.boards.net/
theideal 72

Postby Multiplayerking » 14 Nov 2012, 20:37

Best. Song. Ever.
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 14 Nov 2012, 22:05

JustOneMoreGo wrote:Rented BLOPS 2

Campaign.

Dull as dishwater. Looks dated with flat textures, has terrible AI on both sides, a laugh-out-loud story that is all over the place, uninspiring characters, can be done in a few hours which is actually a plus given how tedious it is to play.

1/10.

Multi-player.

Bar a few minor differences it's much the same - as in it's boring as hell. And some asshole kid called me 'a nigger lover' because I apparently 'stole his kill'.

1/10

One of the laziest games I've had the misfortune of playing this generation. In fact, it's the worst game of this generation.

Activision really have conned the masses.

Also rented Halo 4.

Been there, done that. Yawn.

4/10.

Music is still great, though.

So, what's next on my radar? *has a look* Oh, Hitman. Can't wait.Image

(really must start playing good games again).

:lol: This again Flamestrike? Didn't you learn your lesson last year??? Are people really this stupid? You hate CoD with a passion, regardless what they do with the game it will always be s**t because you've made your mind up before playing it and hate that it's popular and makes you angry.

So why waste precious time playing games that are utter s**t to you when you know the score when you have a whole library of other great games to play?
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby RileyL14 » 14 Nov 2012, 22:55

JustOneMoreGo wrote:Rented BLOPS 2

Campaign.

Dull as dishwater. Looks dated with flat textures, has terrible AI on both sides, a laugh-out-loud story that is all over the place, uninspiring characters, can be done in a few hours which is actually a plus given how tedious it is to play.

1/10.

Multi-player.

Bar a few minor differences it's much the same - as in it's boring as hell. And some asshole kid called me 'a nigger lover' because I apparently 'stole his kill'.

1/10

One of the laziest games I've had the misfortune of playing this generation. In fact, it's the worst game of this generation.

Activision really have conned the masses.

1/10 because someone insulted you... you do realise there's a mute function? :lol:
RileyL14 44

PSN ID: RileyL_14

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 15 Nov 2012, 00:14

The Walking Dead episode 1 - 10/10

LOVE IT!!! Cant wait to play the rest!
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 15 Nov 2012, 03:49

Uninspiring characters? What about old man █████?
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Fr33Kye » 15 Nov 2012, 07:11

OI! The Unfinished Swan - 9.5/10.
Does a great job with the minimalist storybook style, fantastic ending, fantastic visuals. It does a great job handling it's simple concepts. I hope to see more from this design style. I would have liked to see exploration and creativity encouraged a bit more, the game really made me want to see more of the world and the mechanics could definitely allow the player to get creative.

This is a great experience. I dont think it's the can't miss experience Journey was, but it's an original, intelligently designed game, which is nice to have.

I want more games designed like these. Most games can probably learn something from it's subtlety and pacing.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby Multiplayerking » 15 Nov 2012, 23:22

Assassin's Creed III

Dafuq was that ending.

The second I finished it, I went down to the shop to get Blops and got a healthy €35 off it. Thanks, Desmond.
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

PreviousNext