World War Z

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

World War Z

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 09 Nov 2012, 01:56

Im not sure if many of you have read this book, you should its a bloody god zombie read, but a film is being made based on it. A trailer has now been released and I have to say it looks utterly amazing, think I AM LEGEND multiplied by a thousand. Its got Brad Pitt in, which I think is a good fit, The guy is a very versatile actor and it will be interesting to see how an A lister gets pitched in this kind of role. Check out the trailer and make a note of when a release date is announced!

http://www.slashfilm.com/world-war-z-trailer/
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Re: World War Z

Postby dwhlufc » 09 Nov 2012, 13:35

Only reason Brad Pitt features in it is because his company (PLAN B) own the rights. Your right though, the trailer is pretty good. I hope it turns out better than "I am legend", that was a real letdown.
dwhlufc 76

Postby CrispyLog » 09 Nov 2012, 13:57

How will it work though? The book is a collection of short stories about unlinked characters surviving as the virus spreads and takes over the world and the fight back commences. Are they going to just select a few sections of it, or is it just going to be the outbreak seen from the eyes of one man?

Really good book though, was very surprised. I thought it'd just be a bit tongue-in-cheek and a bit cheesy but it's pretty grim reading and very well written.

EDIT: Watched the trailer, looks good but doesn't look like World War Z. A hero fighting against fast zombies? It's meant to be about normal people dying against slow zombies. Hmm.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby dwhlufc » 09 Nov 2012, 21:01

I've watched the trailer a couple of times now and I hope there's still a lot of work to be done on the cgi as a couple of those scenes are in the same territory as "I am legend" awfulness.
dwhlufc 76

Postby flash501 » 09 Nov 2012, 23:28

It looks like just another zombie movie to me. I'm sure it'll be worth a watch and all, but tbh, I don't see anything to get too excited about from the clip.
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby Samildanach » 10 Nov 2012, 01:09

Ah Jaysus Flash!! Now you're just going to get Crispy to run the ould tired spiel of "the book is much better, the film is rubbish!" :P
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby CrispyLog » 10 Nov 2012, 12:43

flash501 wrote:It looks like just another zombie movie to me. I'm sure it'll be worth a watch and all, but tbh, I don't see anything to get too excited about from the clip.

Yeh but the book isn't like 'just another zombie book' it's really good so you have to read it, much better than the film and other books as it details it all from the initial outbreak, to the governments trying to quarantine it, to the armies fighting standing batles and losing, and then people surviving in zombie-proof bases and such and developing weapons against them and films to keep everyone's morale up and the eventual fight back. But it's all told from different persepectives spread out, like a bodyguard trying to secure a mansion or a regular bloke trying to survive in Japan.

@SAM f**k you!
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby Samildanach » 12 Nov 2012, 02:04

lulz
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby JaceyCarter » 16 Nov 2012, 07:51

I haven't read its Novel but want to know is this movie really based on the novel.
JaceyCarter 2
New user

Postby harmeet » 28 Jan 2013, 13:24

Have read the novel of this movie..It was too interesting..Now, I'm looking forward to movie...Too Excited... :D
harmeet 1
New user